'MyTyres' twist

I have read this thread carefully and it seems the request to pay by bank transfer comes when the customer specifies a different delivery address to the address the card is registered at (delivered to tyre fitting centre) I bought tyres from them last year and payed by credit card no problem, but I had the tyres delivered to me. I can understand both sides of the problem, but the solution seems to be to get the tyres delivered to the same address the card is registered at. Hope I've followed this right and this helps.

I paid by PayPal, and had no problem in getting my tyres sent directly to HiQ tyres in Plymouth.

Brian

I have read this thread carefully and it seems the request to pay by bank transfer comes when the customer specifies a different delivery address to the address the card is registered at (delivered to tyre fitting centre) I bought tyres from them last year and payed by credit card no problem, but I had the tyres delivered to me. I can understand both sides of the problem, but the solution seems to be to get the tyres delivered to the same address the card is registered at. Hope I've followed this right and this helps.

Not sure about that one, my delivery address is my home address and its the same one that my card is registered to. I've emailed them to say that if I cant pay by CC then I'll just use someone else.

Puzzling thing is that the 'different' address is one of 'MyTyres' own fitting firms listed on their Site. Obvious from the Site is an expectation that tyres are just as likely to go to a fitter as to go to one's home address.

Have tried 11 times to phone; sent 3 'e's saying I'm happy to pay by PayPal as an alternative, but not prepared to lose my legal/financial protection with a transfer. Nothing so far!

I've got to say that I paid mytyres with a credit card online (as a new customer of theirs). The credit card address is my home one but they were happy to send them to my office (because there's someone there during the day).

I got them in two days by courier. Excellent service. £61 per tyre incl VAT and delivery.

They are German with their UK agent in Charlbury, Oxon. But that's good isn't it?

Gosh they're brilliant on the snow.

dill

Odd, purchased 4 tyres from them 10 days ago, had them delivered to me at work and paid by card without any problems.

It was my first order with them so I guess I was lucky. There's no way I would do a bank transfer to a foreign company I hadn't dealt with before.

did you get email confirmation about the order?

getting a bit desparate for new tyres as the fronts are almost on the limits - will have to go down the summer tyre route if mytyres can't get it sorted...

Just received 'e' from 'MyTyres'. Weirdly, all it does is cancel my order adding the phrase "...for other reasons."

Comments?

Problem is, (and don't they know it), they've got the winter tyres, and all the local stockists don't.

Brian

Edited by Nick P
Bypassing swear filter.

Problem is, (and don't they know it), they've got the winter tyres, and all the local stockists don't.

Brian

And with a 100%+ hike in price, also...

After debating the whole event in my head and with others, the phrase "customer service" is evidently not on 'MyTyres' agenda.

MyTyres aren't a UK company though are they? I thought they were German owned... If you look at the last line of their terms and conditions it states that German Law applies.

The mytyres.co.uk website is just a UK front to the parent company by the looks of things

I'm not saying that the transfer to the bank for the first order is something I'd be happy with though as credit card payments offer more security if the goods don't arrive, but maybe they are just safeguarding themselves against fraudulent credit card transactions as they seem to be happy to use them after your first order. Would still make me think twice though...

My take on the ID of mytyres.co.uk is that they are a UK subsidiary of a German Company, which has subsidiaries in other European Countries as well. Have a look at www.delti.com all seems fairly straight forward.

If you are trying to contact them; I've found its best to phone and if you get their 'anasphone' just ring again a few minutes later. You'll get through eventually.

I've put some further comment on my experiences with them in this thread;- http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/181346-sourcing-winter-tyres/ post #60 on page 3 onwards.

This is the reply I received after emailing them asking for an explanation of why my payment was declined.

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

We would like to inform you that according to our system and the information provided by this, the card used for the initial transaction failed to be authorized due to one of the following reasons:

* The card details used in this transaction is not an issued card in UK, or

* The order was placed from a country that does not match the country in witch the card was issued.

In both cases the system rejects the authorization of the card and the order is placed irrevocably on bank transfer. This is the reason why we can not retype the details of the card and request an authorization.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Please do not hesitate to get back to us in case we could provide further information.

As I made the purchase on their site from Saudi Arabia, that explains it all.

I have never had any issues with MyTyres. I have always had fast email responses and always got through first time by phone. I even paid by phone last time I ordered, but it would have been easier not to as they didnt understand my english too well and her strong german accent threw me too!

They must be making a killing on the winter tyres that have doubled in price! If you can then why not.

f/i - copy of 'e' to 'MyTyres':

December 2010.

As your Site asks for comments/complaints about your service, I feel bound, after discussing it with other customers of yours, to respond about my experience while buying winter tyres.

My initial phone conversation with you confirms stock levels and tells me to order on-line. The Site is efficient with giving tyre information and taking orders. Your 1st message confirming my order is quick and clear, and tells me to contact the accepted fitting station in a few days time. Naturally due to your acceptance of the order, I stop searching elsewhere for tyres.

After this point things become poorer.

Your next message counteracts our agreement, now saying that I must send money to your Bank – no reason given – which fundamentally removes any legal-financial protection I have. This apparently non-negotiable change has not been referred to before and has not been spelt out during my ordering. After many futile attempts to phone you, my messages to you result in your surprising statement that your ‘checking methods’ about my (long-established) credit card have been unsuccessful (something that has never occurred in decades of internet buying). You give no hint that this could be re-checked.

Accepting that your ‘method’ has malfunctioned, I offer to pay by ‘PayPal’. This is a system that you offer; a system that protects both parties and pays funds immediately. I get no response to this at all.

Finally, I receive the message that my order is cancelled “… for other reasons”.

Interestingly, at this moment in time your company seems to own the majority of winter tyre supply on the Internet; also interesting is the sudden price hike of over 100% for the tyres that I originally ordered.

The bulk of your Service has been misleading and inflexible. I find other people have had similar experiences. It would be encouraging if these points are seriously considered by you and acted on to improve ‘customer service’. At present it is unreliable.