Climatronic query...

syanide

What, with the weather, my attention has been on the fan system in the car. The book doesn't explain it too well. My understanding is as follows. Can someone confirm if my understanding is correct please?

1. "Auto" showing - its the full Climate control - ie, I only need to set the temp I want and it will do the rest - speed, direction etc?

2. "Econ" showing - the same as above, except the car gets the heat/cold from the engine/outside without the AC working, ie like a regular car without AC - Correct? Also, this being the case, does the 'climate control' element still work? ie, will it still control the speed/direction of the air?

3. Now, what is happening when that side of the screen is blank? ie, no "Auto" or no "Econ" - what's happening then? it's not "OFF" as that happens, when I turn the fan speed down to below "1".

And then.....the directional arrows? My understanding is that when I've chosen the 'straight arrow' or 'down arrow', it will direct teh air to those places. What happens though, when neither is selected? Is the car throwing the air out evenly through all vents to carry out the 'climate control' side of things?

Hope my queries make sense!

Thanks

syanide

You are correct with the 'Auto' function - The system will maintain a temperature using all available resorces

"Econ" basically turns the climatronic into a simple heater with no A/C and no automatic climate control - So the temperature you select will be blown out constantly, regardless of the cabin temperature. You will need to control the fan speed and blower directions yourself

If you have a blank space (No 'Econ' or 'Auto') then the function is the same as 'Econ' but with the added advantage of the A/C to acheive lower than ambient temperatures if you request them.

The directional arrows are as you explain - straight is the vents which face you in the dash, down is the footwell vents and up is the windscreen. If you don't select any then I think it just blows equally amoung them all, although I'm not totally sure on that.

What, with the weather, my attention has been on the fan system in the car. The book doesn't explain it too well. My understanding is as follows. Can someone confirm if my understanding is correct please?

1. "Auto" showing - its the full Climate control - ie, I only need to set the temp I want and it will do the rest - speed, direction etc?

2. "Econ" showing - the same as above, except the car gets the heat/cold from the engine/outside without the AC working, ie like a regular car without AC - Correct? Also, this being the case, does the 'climate control' element still work? ie, will it still control the speed/direction of the air?

3. Now, what is happening when that side of the screen is blank? ie, no "Auto" or no "Econ" - what's happening then? it's not "OFF" as that happens, when I turn the fan speed down to below "1".

And then.....the directional arrows? My understanding is that when I've chosen the 'straight arrow' or 'down arrow', it will direct teh air to those places. What happens though, when neither is selected? Is the car throwing the air out evenly through all vents to carry out the 'climate control' side of things?

Hope my queries make sense!

Thanks

syanide