New TSIs do burn some oil

Which oil do u use, Edge, Helix, One, VAG oil and buy from where?

Have usually used Shell Helix, have bought on works fuel card so price not so much issue but where best to buy, if they have it, Supermarket? Not Halfords I presume, (even though they are a Worc company they seem a bit like the PC World of motor spares ie lots of branches but poor knowledge). Even buy at VAG dealer an option their stuff?

Edited by lol

Have usually used Shell Helix, have bought on works fuel card so price not so much issue but where best to buy, if they have it, Supermarket? Not Halfords I presume, (even though they are a Worc company they seem a bit like the PC World of motor spares ie lots of branches but poor knowledge). Even buy at VAG dealer an option their stuff?

i got the best deal at skoda dealer on 5ltr helix

When I had my L200 I started getting the oil changed at Kwik-fit they used the same oil as the dealers and they could do the oil and filter fitted for less than I could buy the oil for. £34 Kwik-fit or 8 liters @ min £60 what would you choose :)

Got a 2,5ltr can from Halford at the right spec for £10 a few weeks back as it was on special offer.

VW 504 00 or just a synhetic 5-30W oil?

Have you paid for a oil change in the gearbox yet?

It use to cost £140 ever 40K but I would have thought 7 speed is cheaper as less oil?

Hauptmann on here pointed me to Exol a large UK trade supplier. http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/159732-where-to-buy-16l-of-20-tsi-spec-oil/

25 litre drum of vw507.00+BMW LongLife04 delivered for £103. For dealer service stamp time, put 5litres of it in with the car and shave a wedge off your service cost!

P.s. my TSi hasn't used oil in the 8k before i did my oil change, no change on new oil yet either (hard run in seems to have worked!)

VW 504 00 or just a synhetic 5-30W oil?

Have you paid for a oil change in the gearbox yet?

It use to cost £140 ever 40K but I would have thought 7 speed is cheaper as less oil?

I've only done just under 6k miles in the last year, as for the oil, without going out to the car I don't know whether it's synthetic or not, all I did was look up the required specification and go on that.

I use Shell Helix Ultra - well that is what they used at the last service, so I've used that for top-up's.

I actually buy my oil in France when we go over a few times a year - it's a lot cheaper on their supermarket shelves than it is more or less anywhere in the UK.