Questions

Hello,

I have recently bought a 2006 Octavia VRS and have a couple of questions for those that in the know.

1. I can not find a mp3 connection so assuming my eyes are good and it doesnt have one can i and how easy is it to fit one?

2. I have no armrest between the front seats, did they ever produce the octavia with them if so where can i get one and how easy is it to fit.

3. There is wind noise from the rear passenger door, It isnt the window and appears to be the rubber seal not quite sealing properly. Is this a common fault and is there a better solution to slightly adjusting the catches.

4. And finally i have a rattle from the boot that i can't seem to trace. Any ideas or common areas i could look at, double check?

And I thought id share a couple of snaps after a clean at the weekend

Full.jpg

Shine.jpg

Cheers

MP3 connection is in the armrest - called a Jumbo Box - air conditioned box and adjustable armrest. Not sure if anyone has retrofitted one.

I think there are otherways of fitting the MP3 connection and cheaply too - hopefully someone will post a link up

Rob

1. I can not find a mp3 connection so assuming my eyes are good and it doesnt have one can i and how easy is it to fit one?

3 options for MP3,

1) CD/DVD playback, burn your music files to a disc and play them that way

2) Aux-in in 'jumbo box' which is the box under the armrest, but you don't have that.

3) MDI with USB/iPod/etc connection, again this goes in the jumbo box so you don't have it.

You can fairly easily fit a new jumbo box, wiring in aux-in or MDI is a bigger job.

3 options for MP3,

1) CD/DVD playback, burn your music files to a disc and play them that way

Only an option if you have the mp3 Stream that was fitted from late 2006 onwards - my Jun 2006 didn't have it!