GSM III+ BT Android Problem

Hello all,

I picked up my new car after a very long wait on Monday. :D The dealer paired my HTC Desire with the BT system and it was working perfectly for a few days until yesterday when it started to drop the connection.

I have spent hours trying to sort the problem by renaming the phone and making a new connection followed by deleting the old one, I even tried my wifes HTC wildfire and they both do the same thing. :no:

The phone pairs perfectly first time and works. The second time the phone warns about the car requesting permission to connect so I tick the always checkbox and then press allow. After this the phone connects to the car as a bluetooth headset and then Media player. Shortly after this the the phone says Bluetooth headset disconnected but seems to remain connected as a media player. The phone at this point seems to hang as far as bluetooth is concerned and in the bluetooth settings menu under Skoda_BT says paired but not connected. The bluetooth symbol on the phone shows it as connected but the car cannot connect. The cars Columbus system and maxidot can still show phone numbers etc at this point but says dialing failed on the columbus or network error on maxidot if you try to dial. Incoming calls are only on the phone. I don't know if the media player side of things works as I've never used it and have no interest in it. After switching of the cars ignition the Bluetooth on my phone stays as it is (seeming to think it remains connected) until you turn bluetooth off on the phone.

:(

It was working seamlessly for a couple of days and I have no idea what has changed, I wondered if any of you good people might have any ideas for me or have had similar experiences. I have tried to give you as much information as possible please ask if there anything else you need to know. I know sometimes the smallest seemingly most insignificant detail can make the difference with these issues!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its the GSM III as far as I know it uses RSAP, which is not supported by Android phones such as the Desire......I'm due to change my company phone and would have gone for the desire but due to the lack of rsap support I can't :dull:

if its the GSM III as far as I know it uses RSAP, which is not supported by Android phones such as the Desire......I'm due to change my company phone and would have gone for the desire but due to the lack of rsap support I can't :dull:

Hi The Skud,

You are correct but the new GSM III+ from build week 22 this year also uses HFP profile so is should be compatible with almost every phone.

A wild guess, did you install any application or anything is running at same time in last few days so you can backtrack any potential conflicting apps?

Hmmm this is a good suggestion and the answer is I don't think so but of course Android 2.2 now has the ability to auto update apps.

I am considering a factory reset of the phone and trying it again but this is a major job with potential for lots of data loss :S

Is your phone rooted? If it is there are apps to backup. Contacts and such are sent to your google contacts. Also all apps you have installed are linked to your gmail account.

MyBackPro 4.99$ is pretty good, and Titanium Backup for rooted phones, or search for other tools.

Is your phone rooted? If it is there are apps to backup. Contacts and such are sent to your google contacts. Also all apps you have installed are linked to your gmail account.

MyBackPro 4.99$ is pretty good, and Titanium Backup for rooted phones, or search for other tools.

No my phone isn't rooted, I have changed the ROM from Virgin to stock HTC to get the 2.2 update. (Virgin were taking forever to release Froyo!)

Update: It seems to work if I allow access to the phonebook only once. I.e not check the Always box and manually authorise access to the phonebook everytime the car connects. A bit of a pain but a reasonable workaround for now. I'll see how this goes over the next few days.

No my phone isn't rooted, I have changed the ROM from Virgin to stock HTC to get the 2.2 update. (Virgin were taking forever to release Froyo!)

How did you update the ROM if the phone isn't rooted? There was an issue in the initial 2.2 ROM with bluetooth disconnects which have been fixed with the 2.2.1 update...

How did you update the ROM if the phone isn't rooted? There was an issue in the initial 2.2 ROM with bluetooth disconnects which have been fixed with the 2.2.1 update...

Hi, That is very interesting, I followed a set of instructions to update my firmware, I'm not all that up on the specifics, I have checked though and my phone isn't rooted but also I have 2.2 not 2.2.1 so you may have helped there, thank you :thumbup: I will see if I can find a 2.2.1 ROM to load, the phone says no updates are available when checking.

http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/blog/20100822-how-debrand-htc-desire-update-froyo

I used the new simpler method from here.

I don't suppose you know the software number of 2.2.1 do you?

I currently have 2.10.405.2 any further advice would be very much appreciated :thumbup:

Hi, That is very interesting, I followed a set of instructions to update my firmware, I'm not all that up on the specifics, I have checked though and my phone isn't rooted but also I have 2.2 not 2.2.1 so you may have helped there, thank you :thumbup: I will see if I can find a 2.2.1 ROM to load, the phone says no updates are available when checking.

http://www.broadband...re-update-froyo

I used the new simpler method from here.

I don't suppose you know the software number of 2.2.1 do you?

I currently have 2.10.405.2 any further advice would be very much appreciated :thumbup:

That's the same version as I have, but my phone is rooted, has s-off and a custom ROM.... Android version still says 2.2, the Build Number is 2.10.405.2 CL226611 release-keys

Out of interest, what is our baseband version? This is the radio (Phone, bluetooth, wireless etc). Mine is 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27 which as far as I am aware is the latest so maybe it was this that solved my bluetooth disconnects...

I've just checked out the link you gave, and I now remember doing that when I first got the phone... Not long after that I got into rooting etc...

If you have patience, there is loads of information on xda-developers but be prepared to do a lot of reading as there is a shed load of info on there (as well as custom ROMs etc)

Edited by Raglits

My Baseband Version is 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2

It sounds to me (with optimism and limited knowledge) like that may be the problem then :yes:

My build no and release keys matches yours.

I will have to see if I can update once again. I guess I will have to follow the same method but try and find the updated ROM to download and install.

Thank you for your time and the useful information. :thumbup:

This forum rocks :rofl:

My Baseband Version is 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2

It sounds to me (with optimism and limited knowledge) like that may be the problem then :yes:

My build no and release keys matches yours.

I will have to see if I can update once again. I guess I will have to follow the same method but try and find the updated ROM to download and install.

Thank you for your time and the useful information. :thumbup:

This forum rocks :rofl:

You should be able to update the baseband by itself and not have to update the ROM again

Here's the link to the latest radio Clicky

Use the RUU tool or if you have the clockwork recovery on your phone, copy the zip onto the SD card and then boot into recovery mode (Power on while holding the back key down, volume down to select bootloader and hit the power key, then volume down to recovery and hit the power key)

You can then go through the menus to apply an update from the sdcard...

Edited by Raglits

You should be able to update the baseband by itself and not have to update the ROM again

Here's the link to the latest radio Clicky

Use the RUU tool or if you have the clockwork recovery on your phone, copy the zip onto the SD card and then boot into recovery mode (Power on while holding the back key down, volume down to select bootloader and hit the power key, then volume down to recovery and hit the power key)

You can then go through the menus to apply an update from the sdcard...

Hey Raglits you know your stuff!

I am a little confused though. I have a recovery option but not Clockwork recovery. If I go into recovery and wait for the triangle symbol with exclamation mark to show on the screen and when it does press power and volume up at the same time. A menu loads but the only option to do with sd card is 'Apply sdcard:update.zip'.

I am not sure what you mean by use the RUU tool, please can you expand on this? I am hoping with your help I can sort it this afternoon.

I am very grateful for your help. :thumbup:

Hey Raglits you know your stuff!

I am a little confused though. I have a recovery option but not Clockwork recovery. If I go into recovery and wait for the triangle symbol with exclamation mark to show on the screen and when it does press power and volume up at the same time. A menu loads but the only option to do with sd card is 'Apply sdcard:update.zip'.

I am not sure what you mean by use the RUU tool, please can you expand on this? I am hoping with your help I can sort it this afternoon.

I am very grateful for your help. :thumbup:

Rename the radio file to update.zip (in the root of the SD card) and that should work fine.

If not, the RUU tool is the wizard you use to upgrade the ROM on the phone, you can replace the ROM file with the radio file and start the tool...

Good luck

Rename the radio file to update.zip (in the root of the SD card) and that should work fine.

If not, the RUU tool is the wizard you use to upgrade the ROM on the phone, you can replace the ROM file with the radio file and start the tool...

Good luck

After renaming the file and selecting update.zip in recovery it fails signature verification so I think I will have to wait until I get home and try the RUU tool unless you know any way of getting the update.zip file signed?

After renaming the file and selecting update.zip in recovery it fails signature verification so I think I will have to wait until I get home and try the RUU tool unless you know any way of getting the update.zip file signed?

Sorry, I have the clockwork recovery and told it to not worry about signatures. You may have the same problem with the RUU tool.

Run the unrevoked tool, this will root the phone and put clockwork recovery on emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Sorry, I have the clockwork recovery and told it to not worry about signatures. You may have the same problem with the RUU tool.

Run the unrevoked tool, this will root the phone and put clockwork recovery on emoticon-0148-yes.gif

My friend you are a genius!! ;)

The Unrevoked tool installed the Clockwork Recovery which then allowed my to install the radio update.zip from the sd card as you suggested. My Baseline version is now 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27 and the I can Allow the car access to phone including checking the always option and it works EVERYTIME!! I am so pleased to have it sorted. Thank you so much for your advice. :thumbup:

My friend you are a genius!! ;)

Well, if you say so... I'm far to modest to agree to that emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

The Unrevoked tool installed the Clockwork Recovery which then allowed my to install the radio update.zip from the sd card as you suggested. My Baseline version is now 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27 and the I can Allow the car access to phone including checking the always option and it works EVERYTIME!! I am so pleased to have it sorted. Thank you so much for your advice. :thumbup:

Thank the guys that wrote the tools, I just pointed them out to you...

Glad it's sorted, you're phone is also rooted now...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Have just received my new Octavia with GSM iii.

The car was build week 44

I have the same problem with mobile connection in that using RSAP when stopped all OK calls can be made and received etc. but as soon as the car is in motion the GSM signal drops out and after a time the GSMiii disconnects the bluetooth and starts to reconnect.

My reckoning is that the GSMiii car aerial is faulty or dis. or that the GSMiii unit under drivers seat is "deaf".

All works well ok if I switch off remote sim on my phone but no SMS etc. and of course the mob. is using it's own aerial and workings.

This proves that the bluetooth car system is OK as no trouble when moving etc.

Have tried 2 phones Nokia 6025 (which you can't stop Rsap on) and my LG Arena which has facility to select remote or not.

Any Ideas? Car goes into dealer tomorrow to try and sort.

Rehards

I am still having major connectivity issues with mine. I have thought on several occasions that it was behaving but after a few days (just enough to make you think it's ok) it suddenly drops the connection. I have made backups of the phone and restore it to a point where it worked when it plays up but even this isn't 100% effective :(

At one point I surmised that the problem might be speed dials on the Columbus but that makes no difference. I am losing my faith in Android as a phone OS which is a shame as otherwise it's a really great phone. This is a known and very common problem with Android.

Sorry ladurande I can offer no advice on your problem but thought I would share my experience for the benefit of others.