Insurance on a vRS for a young driver....

Neo_Vrs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
This thread doesnt make sense, you already have a fabia vrs? And your not 19 are you???? AR! your not neo vr!

I'm his twin so I've been told :D Separated at birth I presume :rofl:

Sounds like a nice bloke tho....

Admiral is looking the best bet, with as many sensible drivers as possible added. Is it correct that you save money if you pay it all in a lump sum instead of paying it per month?

Mine is 310 with egg insurance, was 250 on the Fabia Tdi i had before, full NCD, with NCD protected and legal cover.....44 at the moment.....but have had quotes up to 600!!!!!!!!! may be some insurance companies are starting to know about the Furby vRS :)

• 2 weeks later...
Its the cheapest I can find to get insured on it. Hopefully if all goes well I get a years ncb at the end of it and it should go down about 60%.

I'd be surprised if it goes down by 60% with 1 year's NCB! Ususally that sort of discount is associated with 5 years NCB or more, you'll be looking more like 10-20% AFAIK...

rob.

• 1 year later...

I pay just shy of 1600 at 19 with no no-claims and 2 years driving. But its garaged and a reasonable postcode i think. Now got 2 accidents under my belt so next year could be fun (neither my fault which should act in my favour) This is through work (major high street bank) so i get a slight discount and can pay it over 12 months interest free :D

However i got a quote of £1800ish from bell.co.uk just before i took up the work policy. Shop around there are some deals to be had.

I'm 25 and had just passed my test (first go :D ) and i got a quote of £630 TPFT from quinn-direct.co.uk in November 05 for a saxo VTR.. needed something cheap to get me on the road and get some experience while i took my time looking for something better.

Then in March i bought a brand new fabia vRS and they quoted me an extra £400 for the rest of the year that's up-rated to fully comp with a £135 excess...

I did shop around online just to see what other companies where quoting for a full yr with 0yrs driving and 0ncb and the cheapest i came across was £1400

I'm a 23 year old, standard fabia vRS driving resident of a village in Essex having 3 years of NCB envolved in 1 non fault accident carrying 8 points for speeding (SP30's) and fully comp insurance with £300 excess costs me a shade under £800.

Chris