Grill surround

RSIT

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,

Here in Paddyland we get 17" Zeniths as standard..18's are an extra 400 or thereabouts

I didn't even consider the size, it was more the fact that there aren't Neptunes on the FL? :S

In that honeycomb grille design - how do they open the bonnet?

Seems the folks down under have sussed it.....................

skoda_octavia_rs-p_03_L_700.jpg

I didn't even consider the size, it was more the fact that there aren't Neptunes on the FL? :S

Seems the folks down under have sussed it.....................

skoda_octavia_rs-p_03_L_700.jpg

Terrible looking thing that not even the same honeycomb as the bottom Skoda bumper grill.

Sorry bud, I'm just Jo Public, prices aren't too bad as they're euros. Not uk based by the looks of it.

you clearly haven't seen the postage charges or the state of our economy and the pound conversion! Lol

Edited by Moley RUFC

I like the smoked lense cover. Any idea where that's from?

If you look on the Lamin-x website you can get various coloured films for DIY application, I got a small piece of smoke film to cover my DRL's. :thumbup:

Also I agree that the actual grille on the RS-P isn't good, my point was they have added a cut out to access the bonnet lever. :p :p

Same way AFAIK

That's confused me.

On the normal grille, there is a slot for the release handle to pop through. With a honeycomb grille, there is no slot so the handle cannot pop through to be released.

Unless of course you remove the handle

Prolfe,

Did the Skoda badge come off and on again easy when the grill was sprayed?

If it's anything like the pre-FL, the badge has locating lugs that Skoda, in the infinite wisdom have decided to hot melt after installation, they can be cut, but they must be sacrificed to get the badge off. This just means refitting by eye to get the badge on straight. Other than this it's got an adhesive backing, so number plate fixings will work. Personally for the sake of a tenner, I would get a nice new one or..................

DSC012321.jpg

something a little more custom. :thumbup:

If it's anything like the pre-FL, the badge has locating lugs that Skoda, in the infinite wisdom have decided to hot melt after installation, they can be cut, but they must be sacrificed to get the badge off. This just means refitting by eye to get the badge on straight. Other than this it's got an adhesive backing, so number plate fixings will work. Personally for the sake of a tenner, I would get a nice new one or..................

DSC012321.jpg

something a little more custom. :thumbup:

More pics please :)

was a new badge, new grille, new grille surround, new wings, new cross member, new bumper, new lights, new bonnet................. and the list goes on.

Had a silly accident that meant a whole new front end was needed. £6k in total.

I asked the bodyshop to spray the surround when it was in.