160,000miles

Si Vxr

just thought i would share that my car has just rolled over the 160,000 mile mark and is still going very strong :thumbup: same turbo, gearbox, clutch (slips once in a blue moon in high gears but not offten) and DMF good times long live the fabia

ive owned my vrs for about 15 months and done the below mods since owning it but it was on 138k when i bought it. It had a fully service history and invoices for every thing only thing that stood out above wear and tear was a new rad and the last lady owner had it from new 53 plate. I think it shows how good these cars are as long as you keep up to serviceing and oil changes every 5k miles for me and always allow warm up and cool down time they will last for a very long time. My car does have a hard time so far its had 2 rolling road days, a trip to the nurburgring and gets driven fairly hard day to day awsome car i wounder if the new vrs will last as well :giggle:

ive owned my vrs for about 15 months and done the below mods since owning it but it was on 138k when i bought it. It had a fully service history and invoices for every thing only thing that stood out above wear and tear was a new rad and the last lady owner had it from new 53 plate. I think it shows how good these cars are as long as you keep up to serviceing and oil changes every 5k miles for me and always allow warm up and cool down time they will last for a very long time. My car does have a hard time so far its had 2 rolling road days, a trip to the nurburgring and gets driven fairly hard day to day awsome car i wounder if the new vrs will last as well :giggle:

Stay tuned on that one, 'cus I personally have my doubts tbh. :D

Skoda techy friend of mine doesn't rate the new one that highly either, and reckons petrol and that auto box nonsense are a backward step considering the 'mission statement' that SUK came out with at the launch of the Mk1.

I'm going to drag mine out for the first time in 2 weeks and go for a play in it now I think.

Might give it a bubble bath and polish too, just 'cus I luv it. :thumbup:

Edited by Mr Ree

I have test driven the new vrs and i feel that 180bhp from a 1.4 is just asking for trouble you have to drive it hard to get the performance it should have had a 1.6 at least lots of nice toys but more to go bang crackle and pop lol not for me i will stick to the old school

I have test driven the new vrs and i feel that 180bhp from a 1.4 is just asking for trouble you have to drive it hard to get the performance it should have had a 1.6 at least lots of nice toys but more to go bang crackle and pop lol not for me i will stick to the old school

My sentiments entirely, only new owners will no doubt defend it vhemenently.

It's not just that though, it actually looks such a munter too ....IMO, whereas, I actually do like the look of the Mk1, AND after 4 years, it still puts a smile on my face that no other car has EVER done. :thumbup:

Just my opinions of course, and only time will tell if the Mk2 can last the course as the Mk1 has generally done.

No car is ever going to be perfect though,

totaly agree are rear doors like to leak :'( both cars have there good and bad points some more than others but time will indeed tell i wounder how much things like the supercharger turbo and DSG will cost if they go wrong :dull:

Another reason the new vrs is crap-it's not a diesel! The fabia vrs is the original hot hatch diesel and no one really has a bad word to say about it. I also agree the new fabias seem very highly strung. Also means poor mpg. Another famous mk1 point was the 45mpg when giving it death!

Vrs 1.4tsi-major backwards step. Really let the side down

Mine's a 1.4-16v and done 177k and I appear to have won the ''jackpot'' -

Because of its previous owner's carelessness (I just drove it for 4 years and did not change a thing: her comment) Its in a need to renovate everything on it... :S

both front bearings went after a week having it, outer Cv joint, front wishbone rear bushes, track rod end, brakes witch upgraded to EBC ultimax brakes with standard discs, rear shock bump stops, exhaust, CEL light on (fixed by cleaning EGR pipe end), Oil+filters(upgraded air filter to k&n), leaking rear doors (fixed by sealing with a roof&gutter sealant),

squeeking dash(fixed by "stuffing'' the central fixing point) not to mention bulbs and small other thingys...Jobs still to do- heating blower can not be adjusted, it only blows on windows, not on foot or ''face'', starter does not release the flywheel when cold starting, CEL on AGAIN, this time diagnostic fault -running too rich...,and the alternator belt needs changing,only reason I still keep it,is- I already threw too much cash at it and if i sell it for peanuts, i will be on my foot(very tight budget) .Many thanks to this forum, I have fixed many of those faults by following the advice given here!

Tony Blair said - education, education, education. I say oil change, oil change, oil change. Forget what the book says, CHANGE THE OIL at not more than 6k intervals and it will repay handsomely. I have always used Millers and they're very good with technical help if you want it. 2 Essex Ford V6's to 120k +: Volvo 245 estate (Iknow!) to 200k+; BMW5 to 130k+; Volkswagen VR6 to 100k+ (but disintigrated autobox!). If there is only one thing you want to do on your car, CHANGE THE OIL REGULARLY.

Tony Blair said - education, education, education. I say oil change, oil change, oil change. Forget what the book says, CHANGE THE OIL at not more than 6k intervals and it will repay handsomely. I have always used Millers and they're very good with technical help if you want it. 2 Essex Ford V6's to 120k +: Volvo 245 estate (Iknow!) to 200k+; BMW5 to 130k+; Volkswagen VR6 to 100k+ (but disintigrated autobox!). If there is only one thing you want to do on your car, CHANGE THE OIL REGULARLY.

:thumbup: Top advice

matt