What sort of Octavia was this?

Was overtaken nr Harewood, north of Leeds by an Ambulance/Emergency response car yesterday. It was a 60 reg Octavia Estate.

What surprised me was that it had 2 twin exhausts - 1 at each side. Never seen that before.

Anybody know what it was? The acceleration as he pulled out and passed me was pretty hot! No blue lights on - I think he was having fun in his new car :D

Was overtaken nr Harewood, north of Leeds by an Ambulance/Emergency response car yesterday. It was a 60 reg Octavia Estate.

What surprised me was that it had 2 twin exhausts - 1 at each side. Never seen that before.

Anybody know what it was? The acceleration as he pulled out and passed me was pretty hot! No blue lights on - I think he was having fun in his new car :D

Scouts are favoured by Paramedics.

Although they don't have twin exhausts on both sides they do have a black blanking plate against the silver trim so from a distance it can look as though they are on both sides.

Although they don't have twin exhausts on both sides they do have a black blanking plate against the silver trim so from a distance it can look as though they are on both sides.

I think it is a top of the range superb estate it was at the rear of D M Keiths showroom a couple of months ago.

There was definitely a twin exhaust at each side. It wasn't a Scout - no aluminium plates.

I'm beginning to wonder if it was an Octavia after all - at the time I was pretty sure but I've been Googling for pics and found that the V6 Superb has the double twin exhausts. Do they do a V6 Octavia as an emergency services special?

The only current Skoda I know that has twin exhausts is the 3.6 V6 4x4 Superb as per GPR's suggestion.

Maybe is was a bit blurred if it was going fast!?

Yes! Looks like that is it! Only got the front view from my mirror and the rear view as he disappeared. He shot past so quickly I got very little side view :D .

I was behaving myself through 30 to 40 to NSL while he was behind as when you look in the mirror and see a bright yellow and white car with a "roof rack" ... ;)

It was only as he closed to pass that I saw "AMBULANCE" across the front.

My brother now has a Superb estate - very Octavia looking, so I can understand the mistake... The V6 Superb, as already stated, has twin exhausts on both sides. Police and Ambulance both use them.

Beautiful car it is too...

So what is it? Looks like an Octy but with twin exhaust?

Skoda Superb Elegance Wagon 3.6 V6 TSI FSI 191kW DSG 4x4

tis a very very nice car.

wolf in sheep's clothing it is.

I worked out the numbers on the 3.2 superb:

My octy costs me £307 per month in tax (car and fuel) where a 3.2 dsg superb would cost £544 PLUS I'd have to top-up from my salary as the list price is higher so overall it'd cost me £573 per month. Yes, you read that right - an ADDITIONAL £266 per month!

The superb is nice, but you have to ask yourself, do you really need the extra boot space and is it worth the extra dosh? The Octy already has 605 litres and a remap gets you very close to the superb's power.

Having said that 4wd would be nice in this weather and I can see why the emergency service like them..

:yes:

I reckon the only 3.2 Superbs in the UK will be run by Emergency Services, no-one else can afford to run 'em :)

I was very tempted by 170CR Superb Estate but none in my price range, that will be different in 3 years or so though...

I reckon the only 3.2 Superbs in the UK will be run by Emergency Services, no-one else can afford to run 'em :)

I was very tempted by 170CR Superb Estate but none in my price range, that will be different in 3 years or so though...

as was I tempted to wait for it but again out of my price range, its alot of car for your moment and a really really nice car to drive! (massive though)

Saw an unmarked police superb on the A14 near Cambridge the other week, that had twin exhausts so I'm assuming it was a V6. Wasn't moving as the police had stopped to attend to someone who had an excursion off into a nearby field.

Saw an unmarked police superb on the A14 near Cambridge the other week, that had twin exhausts so I'm assuming it was a V6. Wasn't moving as the police had stopped to attend to someone who had an excursion off into a nearby field.

Twin exhausts isn't the V6, that has 4 exhausts... Two on each side of the car