OEM Xenon headlight upgrade

I am thinking about replacing my standard headlights with OEM xenon lights I have seen a few sets of headlights on ebay the sets with the DRL (daylight led strip) but they look a bit cheap?!

Can anyone recomend what the best option would be baring in mind the price of OEM Xenon headlights!

Trade your car in for one that has xenons fitted from the factory. There are a surprisingly high number of 2006 and 2007 reg cars that have them and it'll probably cost as much to trade up as to retrofit them, and you'll probably get a nicer, lower mileage car into the bargain.

Alternatively contact vwcruise.co.uk and ask them for a quote to do it. I reckon £1200-£1500 is about what you'd need to spend using all new parts.

2 Headlamps with bulbs and ballasts (the bulbs and ballasts alone with be almost £350)

1 Front bumper with washers (painted to match your car)

1 rear axle sensor

1 wiring loom

4-6 hours labour to fit and code it up

Edited by wja96

here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.de/SKODA-FABIA-SCHEINWERFER-XENON-KLAR-RS-LOOK-AB-BJ-99-/320631152326?pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item4aa71b1ec6

i get these, after accident when i broke both OEM xenon lights. The quailty is prety good, and they look the same as OEM. I cant find diference betwee these and OEM.

Do they have a LHD/RHD adjustment? Most of these replacement projector headlamps are LHD only. So those of us with ouyr steering wheels on the correct side of the car can't use them :'(

I am thinking about replacing my standard headlights with OEM xenon lights I have seen a few sets of headlights on ebay the sets with the DRL (daylight led strip) but they look a bit cheap?!

Can anyone recomend what the best option would be baring in mind the price of OEM Xenon headlights!

Are you confused here? - do you want xenon lights for their higher light output, or xenon lights because of their appearance, or headlights with integrated LED running lights? The latter are always just ordinary headlights from what I've seen - and the other two options are much easier achieved by uprating the bulbs. Perhaps you could post a link for the ones you're referring to.

Do they have a LHD/RHD adjustment? Most of these replacement projector headlamps are LHD only. So those of us with ouyr steering wheels on the correct side of the car can't use them :'(

i think they have LHD/RHD adjustment. But in case that didnt have that option, you simply switch projectors.

i think they have LHD/RHD adjustment. But in case that didnt have that option, you simply switch projectors.

OK, I'm interested. Can you explain that a bit more please? If it involves butchering the headlamp I'm not interested, but if it's a few screws or bolts then yes, I'd do it. And the other problem is they'd not then be CE marked, so they'd be illegal.

OK, I'm interested. Can you explain that a bit more please? If it involves butchering the headlamp I'm not interested, but if it's a few screws or bolts then yes, I'd do it. And the other problem is they'd not then be CE marked, so they'd be illegal.

But "TUV" approved for in a few years time! :rofl:

I`m interested in these, let us know how much work is needed to swap them over

matt

His already said that, hence my question of how much work it is to swap them over

Matt

must of missed that ,

they wont adjust i think they will be 100% LHD , not changeable!

meaning you wont be able to swop them , i have tryed on the super skoda ones and the resting part for the projectors are different , and it makes the motor and the adjusters not work ,

then again i could be wrong

Edited by scottk18

Are you confused here? - do you want xenon lights for their higher light output, or xenon lights because of their appearance, or headlights with integrated LED running lights? The latter are always just ordinary headlights from what I've seen - and the other two options are much easier achieved by uprating the bulbs. Perhaps you could post a link for the ones you're referring to.

No not confused Just wasnt sure how much OEM Xenon lamps were, tbh I couldnt afford £1200- £1500 so I would prob like to go for some focused beam lamps with LED's I have seen some on ebay they say its for 99-2003 models but I have heard these fit later model mk1's not sure if this is the case though!? Its a shame there arnt any decent sets out there for less money than OEM sets really.

Thanks

Trade your car in for one that has xenons fitted from the factory. There are a surprisingly high number of 2006 and 2007 reg cars that have them and it'll probably cost as much to trade up as to retrofit them, and you'll probably get a nicer, lower mileage car into the bargain.

Alternatively contact vwcruise.co.uk and ask them for a quote to do it. I reckon £1200-£1500 is about what you'd need to spend using all new parts.

2 Headlamps with bulbs and ballasts (the bulbs and ballasts alone with be almost £350)

1 Front bumper with washers (painted to match your car)

1 rear axle sensor

1 wiring loom

4-6 hours labour to fit and code it up

Thanks for the breakdown there, Wow I didnt realise it would cost so much! :o I wouldnt want to trade mine in as I have done mod's that other skoda's wouldnt have so I would be back to square one in that respect!

I have seen some sets on ebay they are not Xenon but not sure what they are like I have heard mixed reports on them and some sets state they are for 99-03 models which is confusing as they list them to fit a Fabia VRS! Look Here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skoda-Fabia-DRL-ANGLE-EYE-HEADLAMPS-HEADLIGHT-LAMP-VRS_W0QQitemZ220653740875QQcategoryZ100919QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5854666934958692910

Edited by MonkeyNutts

On top of that, I'll expect you'll need to get (a set of each), bulbs (£50 for two ish), ballasts (£no idea) and wiring to adapt the normal connection to the ones needed for the ballasts, and maybe the caps to connect the ballasts to the bulbs.

So £600 for the lights, plus about £100 for the lighting side of things, and it's still technically illegal. :thumbdown:

While still illegal technically, there's always something like this - although it will involve cutting up the headlamp, but if you get a set of a scrapped/written off car. . . .

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=64

Edited by TriggerFish

On OEM ones, I think there is leaver that does it. However it only makes the beam totally flat. where normally it kick up to shine at road markings etc.

here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.de/SKODA-FABIA-SCHEINWERFER-XENON-KLAR-RS-LOOK-AB-BJ-99-/320631152326?pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item4aa71b1ec6

i get these, after accident when i broke both OEM xenon lights. The quailty is prety good, and they look the same as OEM. I cant find diference betwee these and OEM.

I think (according to Babelfish...) that advert states the bulbs and ballasts are not supplied. What about the projector itself? Is that supplied?

Could be a cheap way of achieving a proper HID retrofit. Personally, I'd want to use "proper" PhilipsD2S bulbs in them. Cheap bulbs tend to run much hotter and can melt plastic fittings.

J.

• 2 months later...

I think (according to Babelfish...) that advert states the bulbs and ballasts are not supplied. What about the projector itself? Is that supplied?

Could be a cheap way of achieving a proper HID retrofit. Personally, I'd want to use "proper" PhilipsD2S bulbs in them. Cheap bulbs tend to run much hotter and can melt plastic fittings.

J.

Have been looking at those ebay headlamps myself. Contacted the seller & he thinks that they wouldn't able to be used in a RHD model. Would this mean there is no adjustablity for UK use?

Just curious as I really like the look of the OEM Xenons, & not impressed with the angel/devil eye types. Are there any RHD aftermarket projector style headlamp units on the market?

Chers, Jim.

• 2 weeks later...

Good job I bagged mine soon from a member on here eh. One was totally smashed ie the lens and the outer but the inners was salvageable and fixable.

I've since got another standard light and have repair and transplanted everything from it to the other.

Tried one in yesterday and hey presto they work.

People go on about headlight washers but I'll just wash mine by hand :)

Can post pics up if interested in another thread