Yellow vrs owners . . Pictures!

javi20xe

As I now work for the vag group I am debating on chopping in my black vrs for an 07 yellow one. Mainly because it's done 29k while mine is on 96k, I can get a very good price on it!

Anyone with yellow vrs's or just pictures they have, please post up :)

Guest BigJase88

(Waits for Big Jase to post some pics...) :D

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

02august2010004.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

intercoolerclean007.jpg

6b9808c0.jpg

07e70565.jpg

2cd387c7.jpg

tbh it is a pretty pish colour....

rear end needs polished every week as it stains with the soot as the paint isnt laquered....

after a polish looks the same (dull)

plus driving a yellow car does wear off after a while... after all 80% of male yellow car drivers are gay?

C'mon chaps they are not that rare are they!

I have a cupra splitter and decat waiting here. I did really want an SE but main attraction was leather seats, so would also have to budget to get that done.

Matt I think it comes with xenons but unlike my current has traction control instead of ESP :(

I think the must do's if I got a yellow would be coilovers-tints-lcr splitter- Standard wheels in graphite

Paint isn't laquered? Where did you get that from!

I am well aware the colour loves to fade, but not really much of an issues. I am more concerned the near impossible colour matching.

Hmm, I prefer to think different, not gay, your yellow is stunning big jase, dunno how you can bad mouth your own car so much :o

I know I would get a proper earful from my non car mates!

Yellow seats frs seem to be all the rave!

Edited by javi20xe

Guest BigJase88

nah its a flat paint... the early one is (Lemon Yellow)

there is no laquer on the paint.... well i don't think there is... if you polish it too much the yellow comes off and shows the primer underneath... i did this on 2 of my 4 door handles :o

tbh i bought the car for the mods and coped with the colour.

i've also had a black magic vrs, lovely colour although it only stays nice for 5 mins

Really?! Are you sure you didn't just polish so hard you burnt through the laquer?

No vag car is 2k paint anymore except commercial vehicles. Vag cars do have a very soft laquer?

I find black abit boring now. Unless I had some sort of s-variation Audi ;)

Anyone have any other pics? They are really not too common are they :(

Guest BigJase88

pretty sure it doesn't have laquer could be wrong though

btw theres two yellows the early lemon yellow and the sprint yellow... mines was the duller lemon yellow

I personally only wanted the yellow when buying.

Simply because it stands out. Only seen 1 other yellow vrs in my city!

Dealerships said they hadnt had any for 2 years.

So i was happy :)

My front and back bumper are quite faded i must say, however it will be machine polished during summer to see what it comes out like.

I have the 54 plate, IIRC that is still lemon yellow.

I do find the back gets crazily dirty mind!

Heres one:

Can see the paint fade on front bumper :(

bonnetopen.png

Edited by Craig Lovelock

As jase said, there are two yellows. The early one like his, which is "lemon yellow" and the one your looking at which will be "sprint yellow", much brighter. I really like the yellow`s and not seen any looking too bad.

if you polish it too much the yellow comes off and shows the primer underneath... i did this on 2 of my 4 door handles :o

The older cars didnt have colour coded handles so was prob a issue with the pain job on them more than the paint job on the car.

C'mon chaps they are not that rare are they!

I have a cupra splitter and decat waiting here. I did really want an SE but main attraction was leather seats, so would also have to budget to get that done.

Matt I think it comes with xenons but unlike my current has traction control instead of ESP :(

I think the must do's if I got a yellow would be coilovers-tints-lcr splitter- Standard wheels in graphite

I`m pretty sure i read ages as, the newer yellow colour was more rare than the SE. And just going by how many i see, i`d say that was true tbh. I personally would rather the xenons over esp :thumbup:

matt

Guest BigJase88

The older cars didnt have colour coded handles so was prob a issue with the pain job on them more than the paint job on the car.

matt

wasnt the handles was beside the handles :) my handles were black just went a bit ott with the rotary

I bought a standard yellow vrs back in august... wasn't really a choice, I wasn't all to bothered about the colour just wanted the car and it was the only one i could find!!!!

Got some pics after I gave it a quick wash from back then, sadly its now looking mucky due to the amount of crap being chucked onto the road at the mo and weekly washing lasts literally one journey till its covered again... It's a very late 56 registered (almost 07) , so one of the last few and the later sprint yellow paint on it.

In summary - summer time means lots of dead insects all over, winter time it gets caked in muck everytime you venture out. It needs loads of TLC but i wouldn't have it any other way!!!

vrs1.png

vrs2.png

vrs3.png

vrsl.png

And yes I have removed the door guard protector it was on when i picked up the car... :)

Andrew

If you're gunna go Yellow go LEMON Yellow NOT Sprint as it just a bit :o if you get me?

I disagree.

I think if your going to go yellow in the first place, go all out.

I couldnt find a sprint one when looking.

But found the lemons still rather nice :)

Anyone have a picture of the 2 next to eache other?

Edited by Craig Lovelock