Fabia vRS 1.4 TSI's modifications

vRSy

Going to have to ask a noob question as well! How much does this sort of remap affect mpg? I'm assuming a drop but by how much?

on the octavia it was unchanged in normal driving, on a motorway it was improved by a few mpg. but when on the loud pedal it did use that fuel. i only noticed the mpg drop after fitting the uprated fuel pump, which would make sense since thats the whole purpose of it

alot of the seat ibiza guys have actually said they have had quite substantially improved mpg.

The 1.4 TSI is known for having a weak head gasket. I've heard this off a mare who works at Seat. I'd possible upgrade that if remapping

The 1.4 TSI is known for having a weak head gasket. I've heard this off a mare who works at Seat. I'd possible upgrade that if remapping

this was onthe lesser models like the 1.4TSI(160) in the golfs and scirrocco. id be pretty cvertainif it was weak in them that they would have either developed a new one for the newer TSI(180) engines or uprated it. id highly doubt that they would continue to use a head gasket that wasnt up to the job, especially if it was a common problem.

It is an option for the future though, something id like to think would come out eventually

• 2 weeks later...

just for guys interested. Both shark performance and REVO have said that all Fabias from Dec 2010 onwards have new updated/uprated encryptions on their ECUs so at the moment none of them can remap the car via tehe OBD port or by removing the ECU and piggybacking it.

From what i gather they will be working on bypassing the encryptuion codes as very soon :'(

just for guys interested. Both shark performance and REVO have said that all Fabias from Dec 2010 onwards have new updated/uprated encryptions on their ECUs so at the moment none of them can remap the car via tehe OBD port or by removing the ECU and piggybacking it.

From what i gather they will be working on bypassing the encryptuion codes as very soon :'(

hope this isn't manufacturers falling inline to new proposed MOT changes,,, :(

Janner_Sy seems you have been reading through all my research etc on SCN from back in the day RE the DSG :D

The Fabia VRS forums are about 8 months behind the SCN mk5 forums with regards to "Oh my God DSG is weak" etc. Give it time. People will man up and modding will start.

Were only weeks away from Stage 2 (As you know Janner) which will be (At a Guess) 320Nm and 245BHP. Weak DSG my left nut :giggle:

Edited by mardon

id not expect 245hp personally i think 230hp is more realistic tbh. NO oone will be remapping on here for a while anyway, thats not a bad thing though, il just do the suspension, brakes and anti roll bars instead. At least the car will able to handle the extra power then with zero issue

Too true. This is what I did. Coilovers and Whiteline ARB (Do this mod is awesome) and already had the Seat Sport 4-pots.

They really are seriously quick remapped and the standard brakes will be lacking. Trust me.

Edited by mardon

Good question and one I can answer ish..

I went up against Jason off here.

0-60

Me 5.17 (Both me using differnet slips as my mate had a go S14DOC & S14BOC)

Best Skoda 0-60 of the day = 6.64

The quarter miles times are on there as well. I think Jason was slightly faster on the 1/4 but only by 10th of a second. He's putting out more power as well. Would kill me in gear I imagine.

All found here. I raced Sunday BTW

http://www.theresults.co.uk/gti_international_results.html

Good question and one I can answer ish..

I went up against Jason off here.

0-60

Me 5.17 (Both me using differnet slips as my mate had a go S14DOC & S14BOC)

Best Skoda 0-60 of the day = 6.64

The quarter miles times are on there as well. I think Jason was slightly faster on the 1/4 but only by 10th of a second. He's putting out more power as well. Would kill me in gear I imagine.

All found here. I raced Sunday BTW

http://www.theresults.co.uk/gti_international_results.html

well that says alot, as you have a £45o remap and he has done literally everything to his furby(prob into the thousands), and about 260hp iirc, all of that and only a 10th faster. get yourself stage 2 then wave goods bye :giggle:

Edited by janner_Sy

We (P-Torque) are able to tune these ECU's.

• Like 1

Back to piggy back's?

this is the thing, REVO and shark said they couldnt even map them with the ECU removed and piggybacked. Just need to have a look at what Will can do, when he puts his dyno graph up, then my custom will be coming through his front door, along with the DSG remap

Edited by janner_Sy

Stage 2 will be out in the next couple of weeks.

To get it from scratch (i.e. no Revo Stage 1) around £2500. This will get you.

Milltek Turbo Back exhaust and Sports Cat

Forge Twintercooler (i.e. standard + 2nd FMIC)

Induction Kit (ITG or Forge are the only options at the moment)

Revo Stage 2 Software

The only bit that would alter is the exhaust for the fabia. They are working on an FR one next which I assume will fit the Polo Gti, Ibiza FR and Fabia VRS.

Come on who has the balls to step up. You've saved your VAT and paid peanuts now spend it on powaaah! B)

Ibiza Version below

75.original.jpg

48.lg.jpg

46.lg.jpg

Edited by mardon

Stage 2 will be out in the next couple of weeks.

To get it from scratch (i.e. no Revo Stage 1) around £2500. This will get you.

Milltek Turbo Back exhaust and Sports Cat

Forge Twintercooler (i.e. standard + 2nd FMIC)

Induction Kit (ITG or Forge are the only options at the moment)

Revo Stage 2 Software

The only bit that would alter is the exhaust for the fabia. They are working on an FR one next which I assume will fit the Polo Gti, Ibiza FR and Fabia VRS.

Come on who has the balls to step up. You've saved your VAT and paid peanuts now spend it on powaaah! B)

What kind of power and 0-60mph is that going to give you?