The competition

The Plumber

According to a news item I've just read then the Qashqai was the 10th best selling car in the UK this year. Total sales are stated at 36,207 :o while the Golf came in at number 5 with 54,849 The first 4 were the usual Ford and Vauxhall suspects :giggle:.

My link

In many ways I'm glad Skoda cannot even dream of building that many Monsters for the UK market; even though this means a long wait for a new one :)

TP

Interesting - I like the exclusivity too. I know of only one Yeti I see arounnd my home area - and have seen only a very few on the road. You tend to see all models in areas close to Skoda dealers - on a trip down to Allams yesterday I had a rare sighting of a Yeti coming on to the M25 as I left it.

Talking of competition, like many folk I have had occasion to look at the met office site a lot recently, and I think it was a stroke of genius for Toyota to put an ad for the Rav4 on the forecast page - and emphasising its ability to cope with all conditions. Just for interest, I clicked on the ad and on the Toyota site did a quick 'build' - trying to emulate my Yeti spec. Both the XT-R and SR in TDI Auto spec came out around £28.5K. There's nothing about the Rav that makes me wish I had one - the ones I looked at had some features my Yeti doesn't - and vice versa. It doesn't seem to have option of Xenons which would be a big downer for me. It does, however, have 5year/100,000 mile warranty - and I think Skoda might be falling behind on that score. I looked at at test drove the Qashqai and suffice to say, it was not for me.

In many ways I'm glad Skoda cannot even dream of building that many Monsters for the UK market; even though this means a long wait for a new one :)

TP

TP, I looked into getting a Qashqai as my car is soon to be 3 years old and although the Yeti was by a long chalk my first choice, when the Skoda dealers told me how long I would have to wait, I went to see the Nissan as I didn't want to wait and have to put out loads of money taxing, MOTing my old car, and losing loads of money in depreciation. Despite the fact that every second car you see on the road is a Qashqai and they're made in Sunderland, there is still a wait till April to get a petrol one. The lead time on a petrol snow monster seems to be less than a Qashqai at the moment, even at this time of peak demand. I haven't seen a snow monster on the road in the Glasgow area yet. I'm hoping mine will be the first!

Exclusivity.......emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

I love it.

Mike

+1.

I loved it with my A2 and I sure love it now. I LOVE it when I do a long trip and perhaps see one other Yeti. Over 4000 miles of driving now in my Yeti and with seven months of waiting for it before that I have passed only ONE Yeti. All the others were going the opposite way. Now that is being exclusive! I LOVE it! Long may it last.

TP, I looked into getting a Qashqai as my car is soon to be 3 years old and although the Yeti was by a long chalk my first choice, when the Skoda dealers told me how long I would have to wait, I went to see the Nissan as I didn't want to wait and have to put out loads of money taxing, MOTing my old car, and losing loads of money in depreciation. Despite the fact that every second car you see on the road is a Qashqai and they're made in Sunderland, there is still a wait till April to get a petrol one. The lead time on a petrol snow monster seems to be less than a Qashqai at the moment, even at this time of peak demand. I haven't seen a snow monster on the road in the Glasgow area yet. I'm hoping mine will be the first!

Have you sat in the back of a Qashqai ? We decided to wait to get a Yeti as the leg room for my two growing boys is just so much better

TP, I looked into getting a Qashqai as my car is soon to be 3 years old and although the Yeti was by a long chalk my first choice, when the Skoda dealers told me how long I would have to wait, I went to see the Nissan as I didn't want to wait and have to put out loads of money taxing, MOTing my old car, and losing loads of money in depreciation.

Huh? Your car has already cost you more in depreciation than it ever will, you'll have to buy tax on a new car and unless you've driven over ever speedbump in the country at 50mph the chances of it not passing an MOT at three years are practically nil. Bizarre.

Huh? Your car has already cost you more in depreciation than it ever will, you'll have to buy tax on a new car and unless you've driven over ever speedbump in the country at 50mph the chances of it not passing an MOT at three years are practically nil. Bizarre.

Frank, I need 2 new tires which I will now have to get to pass my MOT, my tax was due on the 31st of Jan which cost me £110 (I get a year's road tax thrown in with the deal), and my car needs serviced to keep the Full service history of the vehicle required by the dealership I'm part exing with. They valued my car at £6000 as of 23rd December and told me it will depreciate at the rate of £200 every month till my Yeti arrives. So had the car been ready end of December I'd have got £6000 as a part ex, and not had to pay a penny for tax, servicing, MOT or tires, but instead I reckon I'll be £400 out of pocket in outgoings and I'm going to lose at least £600 on my part ex. That's why I was interested in the Qashqai, as initially, they told me they could get me a car on Jan 7th. Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly.