How do you clean your Green panel filter?

SimonJ

Bought a cleaning kit for the Green panel air filter in my car but having seen someone post not to oil it after cleaning was wondering what others do. So should I just use the cleaning fuild and not use the oil or just oil lightly?

Bought a cleaning kit for the Green panel air filter in my car but having seen someone post not to oil it after cleaning was wondering what others do. So should I just use the cleaning fuild and not use the oil or just oil lightly?

I've got a K&N and oil it lightlyemoticon-0148-yes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

thing is, if you don't bother oiling the filter you may as well not bother putting the filter in, the paper/cotton/whatever element is just there to hold the oil, it's the actual oil that traps the dirt and dust onto the element :yes:

I always washed ours every 6 months in warm water with some oxy action style household spray cleaner and then dried them before lightly oiling with Green's filter oil.

As said above if you don't add a little oil the filter won't trap anything as it's designed to do..... And if as others have said adding oil makes things worse how come you buy them brand new pre oiled??? ;)

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by WaveyDavey