problems help please

just fitted a baileys dv30 as per instruction no probs. also fitted a ram air induction air filter inside my filter box. took out old filter first though. for 2 weeks everything was great. then when i started car it coughed and spluttered. and did same when i tried to set off. what is problem#? PLEASE HELP

TOOK RAM AIR FILTER OFF THINGS A LITTLE BETTER BUT NOT SORTED. WOULD CLEANING THROTTLE BODY HELP?

Edited by leanne88vrs

Try unplugging the MAFand see if it makes a difference, if not you know it's the MAF that's mullered. Code reader will answer the question though!

Steve

DO I DO THIS WITH ENGINE RUNNING OR NOT? GIVE MORE INFO PLEASE

WHO IS CODE READER? PLEASE HELP OR ELSE L88 VRS IS GETTING A SLOW AND PAINFULL DEATH

This is a code reader, lol.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-AUDI-Diagnostic-Fault-Code-CAN-Reader-VAG-OBD2-U281-/300403718678?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item45f174fa16

It plugs into your ECU are reads fault codes logged, the codes stored on the ECU will tell you the likely faults with the car.

Worth purchasing, especially for that price. If not there are lots of users on here with VAG-COM which will also read the fault codes.

I doubt a panel filter will cause the engine to run rough. A throttle body clean will certainly do good, even if it doesn't solve your issue. A good place to start though.

Jon

Edited by Jon.etheridge

ITS NOT A PANEL FILTER ITS A MUSHROOM STYLE THAT I FITTED INSIDE PANEL FILTER CASING. THEN AFTER PROBS OCCURED I FITTED IT AS A STAND ALONE FILTER WITH NO CASING. STILL PROBS OCCURRED. NOW BACK TO STANDARD FILTER ITS NOT BRILL BUT BETTER. DOES THIS MEEN ITS THE DV?

Edited by leanne88vrs

Keep engine running and disconnect the MAF sensor plug, if nothing happens you know it's that at fault!

Standard or K&N panel filter element is best, plus the DV won't cause running problems like you're describing!!

Steve

Edited by Steevie Wonder

Sounds like you've a boost leak or too much air going in? putting a crappy induction filter on will not help at all best bet put standard airbox back on with a performance panel(or standard one for now) filter make sure all the hose conection are tight take your battery off for half an hour let the ecu re-set it's self then see what happens.....i'm sure one of us on here could sort you out with vag com....... as you don't say where in the country you are..... :wonder:

Sounds like you've a boost leak or too much air going in? putting a crappy induction filter on will not help at all best bet put standard airbox back on with a performance panel(or standard one for now) filter make sure all the hose conection are tight take your battery off for half an hour let the ecu re-set it's self then see what happens.....i'm sure one of us on here could sort you out with vag com....... as you don't say where in the country you are..... :wonder:

from chesterfield. tried disconnecting maf and car changed tone and brought up a warning light, but still engine runs. does this mean the maf is ok? thanks for everyones help so far.

from chesterfield. tried disconnecting maf and car changed tone and brought up a warning light, but still engine runs. does this mean the maf is ok? thanks for everyones help so far.

yeah that means maf is working fine try what i said in my previous post :thumbup:

Guest westallc

like i said before run a diagnostics check and then we can give a btter answer

p.s if the maf was fecked when you unplug the car should then drive fine just no as powerful if you had it mapped as it falls to a default setting, so if you unplug it and it runs like a bag of nails would indicate that something else is the issue maybe a vac leak etc etc

could still be a maf issue also but you really need to scan the car or you will just start chasing your tail

yeah that means maf is working fine try what i said in my previous post :thumbup:

disconnected battery and so far so good. think it was the induction kit then. any 1 want a ram air induction kit, it might be ok for someone who knows what to do. sounded mint too when it was on. not the normal growl, more a whistle. that building up to the dv kicking in was awsome.

You say it coughs and splutters... Is it only through a certain rev range?

Because I thought it was the MAF that went on mine and it turned out to be the coilpack.

You say it coughs and splutters... Is it only through a certain rev range?

Because I thought it was the MAF that went on mine and it turned out to be the coilpack.

yes only low revs but seems better for now