Difference between Eibach Pro Kit Springs and official Skoda Lowering Springs?

Thanks again for the info, looks like I could be back to my original preferred choice Koni FSDs and Eibachs :)

This coupled with the Revo remap and possibly a decent CAI will make the vRS the car it should be....

All Coilovers are harder than the FSD / Eibach setup, Contact Ben at Shark ( Shark_90) on here, he was running AP's on his MK2 Demonstrator among other tweaks, he's sold it now but it was a mighty fine car!

• 1 year later...

i think there are far better quality driving with the eibach springs on, the traction is better and the cornering more better than the original springs on , and they work very good with the original dampers,

i have my vrs with eibach pro kit and it's fantastic , the look the performance.

How much would the ride be affected on a normal octavia ambient with standard Skoda wheels if it was on eibach lowering springs ?

Any ideas ?

Can anyone tell me if what I'm thinking could work ?

I've got a hatch 1.8tsi in India. The standard ride height we have here is about 165mm as compared to the standard 145mm in uk and elsewhere.

Am I right in thinking that there is a possibility that skoda could have increased the ride height of the car just by adding a coil or two to the existing springs ? And not changing the dampers at all ... This is because the octavia here is soft but it still holds well when cornered hard !

So now assuming that the dampers are same ... If I source (from somewhere) UK skoda springs (standard ones and not lowering ones) It will not affect the ride quality that much + will have a nice low stance as compared to the off reader stance right now !

The other possibility could be that the entire suspension set up is different ... Springs dampers etc ... And I get a set of eibach springs for my car ! And I get a lowered height but my dampers remain compressed by about 20mm or something ... (I don't think that would be too good for the longetivity of the dampers) considering roads in India are (how can I put this) not say evenly flat ! ;)

I'm no expert at suspensions or a mechanical expert so I could be speaking **** .. !

Bump .!

Anyone

On my other car, I had during a few years lowered the front end 30mm on original shocks.

As the ride was somewhat harsh at times I put the original springs back.

Conclusion, had it lowered for about 70k now the car has 165k and is from 2001 and still using original shocks witha value of 80-83% when tested last month during the goverment inspection.

Sorry i didn't quite get you there !

Do you have the car lowered or you changed the springs back to the original ones ?

Also is there a chance that the ride height is only increased with the springs and the dampers in India and EU are the same ?

Sorry i didn't quite get you there !

Do you have the car lowered or you changed the springs back to the original ones ?

Also is there a chance that the ride height is only increased with the springs and the dampers in India and EU are the same ?

Sorry:)

Lowered the front using only springs. It lowered 30mm.

What I tried to say is that you can lower the Octavia using only springs, donnot worry about the dampers, they will be good for long time.

Thats why I made reference that I still have the same original dampers and that the car has 165k

Thanks.!

How was the ride on before and aftr the springs ... As you would probably figured out that since we have the 165 ride height our roads wouldn't be that good, so don't really want to loose out on the ride quality, that's the only reason I've still got my 15" Skoda oem wheels