Waiting and waiting and then, waiting

tubalcain

hi all, this is my first post, but i've been lurking in here for a while :)

i've got an elegance 140bph 4x4 cr dsg on order since just before christmas, and the dealers are saying that it's bw13 and that i should receive him the middle of april. Does that sound right to you guys? I wasn't expecting it that quick to be fair & it's took me a bit by suprise..... Any replies gratefully received :rofl:

I think the only piece of information you can hang onto as being entirely credible is that build weeks are confirmed only 4 weeks in advance, so anyhting beyond build week 11 at the moment could shift.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Briskoda. :thumbup:

One point that seems strange to me is that your 'order' does not appear to have been allocated a build week.

From my experience I would have thought you should have a build week within 4-6 weeks of you having placed your order with your dealer and your dealer having put this into the Skoda system. It may well be that a build week is subject to change but there ought to be one there for you.

my skoda dealer said its had build weeks but niether were confirmed thus have both been pushed back, they are now awaiting another and hopefully final build week for me even though the 6 month wait does settle in march Edited by w4rn3r

my skoda dealer said its had build weeks but niether were confirmed thus have both been pushed back, they are now awaiting another and hopefully final build week for me even though the 6 month wait does settle in march

Precisely - see my post immediately above (#101). If your car is really going to be built in March, you should know before the end of this month - and it should actually happen. Good luck!

Edited by hmibennett

I finally heard earlier this week, that I can expect my 170 Elegance to be with the dealer around the begining of April, and that is worst case. :) It was ordered at the end of November 2010 with a quoted 12 -16 week delivery. Joke?

I finally heard earlier this week, that I can expect my 170 Elegance to be with the dealer around the begining of April, and that is worst case. :) It was ordered at the end of November 2010 with a quoted 12 -16 week delivery. Joke?

Like ive said above i cant work thier system out, i ordered mine on 17th sept last year and have had two build dates pushed back and at this moment in time dont even have a build week...

I'm glad it's not just me that's been taken by suprise with a date. I still can't work out whether to start panicking about selling my golf in time.... The dealer knows I was really expecting to see it in June - so dunno what he'd get out of making up an earlier date. :o

First time I've ever bought a brand new car - so I'm a bit slow in the protocols of it..... but hey ho, live and learn... :D

Hi

I ordered my Yeti 170 Elegance in mid November and was quoted build as week 13. When I phoned a few weeks ago they were still quoting week 13 but looking through this forum there are various timescales quoted from placing order to actual build so I'm not sure if mine will be ontime or not. I've noticed that some on here says they have spoken to SUK to see where they are within the queue, I presume you need some form of ID/order number from the dealer to be able to do that, can someone enlighten me.

Thanks

Hi

I ordered my Yeti 170 Elegance in mid November and was quoted build as week 13. When I phoned a few weeks ago they were still quoting week 13 but looking through this forum there are various timescales quoted from placing order to actual build so I'm not sure if mine will be ontime or not. I've noticed that some on here says they have spoken to SUK to see where they are within the queue, I presume you need some form of ID/order number from the dealer to be able to do that, can someone enlighten me.

Thanks

I got my order number direct from Skoda UK (just quoting my name and the dealer) who have been more competent (amazingly!) at keeping me updated on the progress of my SM than the dealer - or, to be exact, the salesman - who seems strangely reluctant to pick up a telephone.

Your build week will be confirmed only 4 weeks in advance so if they still say week 13 next week (which by my reckoning is week 9) then you should be OK (and will have had a pretty quick delivery: I ordered my 170 Elegance mid-August and it arrived at the dealer this week - but I'm deferring collection until 1 March).

hi all, this is my first post, but i've been lurking in here for a while :)

i've got an elegance 140bph 4x4 cr dsg on order since just before christmas, and the dealers are saying that it's bw13 and that i should receive him the middle of april. Does that sound right to you guys? I wasn't expecting it that quick to be fair & it's took me a bit by suprise..... Any replies gratefully received :rofl:

I ordered a 170 elegence 4x4 just before Christmas. My (provisional ?) build week last time I checked was week 21. I would expect delivery mid June. My dealer initially said - like you - mid April but I told them that was optimistic after reading this forum. But if yours has bw13 against it then that is as good info as bw21 against mine