Waiting and waiting and then, waiting

tubalcain

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gent's, my Yeti was ordered 19th september and it on its way to my dealer. Will be on site early next week. :-) 17 Weeks so not all that bad.

Also sold my VRS for a good price so looking forward to my new car.

There are some positives out there for the few.... Pot luck I guess.

2.0 TDI CR 170bhp 4x4 DPF Elegance

Gobi Sand Leather

Options

Black Magic Pearl Effect

Park assist, park distance control (front and rear sensors)

Heated windscreen

Rough road package

Silver roof rails

12 speaker sound system

Tyre pressure monitoring

17" 'Annapurna' alloys 7Jx17" 225/50 R17 94W

Temporary space-saver spare wheel with car jack and false boot floor

Premium floor mats

Memory Seats & Mirrors

Accessories

Decorative protective cover of the rear bumper – ALU look

Decorative slats of the front bumper – ALU look

Side sill covers – ALU look

Rear mud flaps

Front mud flaps

Regarding communication between SUK and the dealers - I was advised by my dealer to contact Skoda customer service. They set up a case file/number and kept me informed of the (slow) progress of my car exactly when they said they would. Made it a hell of a lot less stressful even if the wait was no less agonising!

What would be reasonable to ask in compensation for a major delay ?

Not much, standard compensation for a delay over 18 weeks is a measly £150 now. I waited SEVEN MONTHS for my car and got £300 under the old rules.

So if ordered a TDI 140 Elegance in early November , dealer suggesting Marchish delivery when does the collective wisdom on here think I might be saddling up my Yeti?

I ordered mine mid August and was told it had been built & shipped 2 weeks ago so I am hoping (praying?) for delivery next week.

22 weeks in all.

For what it is worth I ordered Kevin, a CR140 Elegance DSG Yeti, on 26th June 2010 and took delivery last weekend.

That's six months and a bit (Christmas Hols got in the way of delivery).

Seems like its the CR140 engine, and perhaps it being aligned to the DSG gearbox, that is the delaying issue.

To all those who have ordered and are waiting for delivery sometime in the spring may I suggest that you be patient and remember that good things will come in the end ....................

........ The Yeti is a damn fine car! :yes: :thumbup:

For what it is worth I ordered Kevin, a CR140 Elegance DSG Yeti, on 26th June 2010 and took delivery last weekend.

That's six months and a bit (Christmas Hols got in the way of delivery).

Seems like its the CR140 engine, and perhaps it being aligned to the DSG gearbox, that is the delaying issue.

To all those who have ordered and are waiting for delivery sometime in the spring may I suggest that you be patient and remember that good things will come in the end ....................

........ The Yeti is a damn fine car! :yes: :thumbup:

The Yeti is a brilliant caremoticon-0148-yes.gif

I ordered my CR140DSG on 29th July and took delivery on 8th December.....

Maybe it was the colour choice emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Mike

PS lets see some photos......

Edited by rockhopper

Gent's, my Yeti was ordered 19th september and it on its way to my dealer. Will be on site early next week. :-) 17 Weeks so not all that bad.

Also sold my VRS for a good price so looking forward to my new car.

There are some positives out there for the few.... Pot luck I guess.

2.0 TDI CR 170bhp 4x4 DPF Elegance

Gobi Sand Leather

Options

Black Magic Pearl Effect

Park assist, park distance control (front and rear sensors)

Heated windscreen

Pot luck indeed! My spec could be the twin brother of yours, practically identical except for the dealer fit bits and bobs. Mine ordered 24th September, no sign of it being built yet although in fairness I am waiting on a call back from the dealer who may have more positive news (always look on the bright side etc). If I am facing a longer wait, despite the similarlity between our cars and order date, then I guess all our musings over why this car is delayed over another car is for nowt - it really is pot luck as you say!

Just got the call from my dealer, car is confirmed as being built in week 4 (2-3 weeks before anticipated), expected delivery to the dealer 2nd or 3rd week in Feb ready for a March 1st registration. Oh Yes :rofl: 11plate here I come (probably famous last words!)

He did say that those cars with confirmed build weeks were not affected by the shortage but those that did not have a confirmed build week were. Not really sure that tells us anything new but in the event that you have been notified of a confirmed build week then it looks like you're safe.

Not much, standard compensation for a delay over 18 weeks is a measly £150 now. I waited SEVEN MONTHS for my car and got £300 under the old rules.

The compensation here is 0,02% of the advance payment per day after 90 days are passed.

I do remember why I ordered the thing in the first place but, honestly............

i ask myself this every day - i ordered mine MARCH 2010 and im still waiting.....granted the 1st one after a 4 month wait was smashed up in the dealership by some TW*T picking up spare parts ad their parts dept...fuming was not the word....then the new one having JUST TODAY arrived at the dealer is waitnig its PDI and get this - a piece of decor trim i wanted on - they've only had like 5 months to make sure they had all the bits ready for its arrival. So Monday 17th Jan I should finally get my butt in my own Yeti - and it had better be completely perfect otherwise I'll be somewhat unimpressed to say the least !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Skodas are available on our works car scheme. My Octavia Scout Order was raised & confirmed in September.

Early this month I was told it was at risk due to a DSL engine issue, I since found out my car was subject to a twelve week delay, it was due start of Feb.

I was offered and accepted a DSL from another group brand to free up my order for normal retail. The info is the engine shortage is due to the exhaust, but why no one knows why and that's just a Chinese whisper.

All Diesel orders have now been removed from the scheme list and Skoda are offering only petrol models to scheme users.

Skodas are available on our works car scheme. My Octavia Scout Order was raised & confirmed in September.

Early this month I was told it was at risk due to a DSL engine issue, I since found out my car was subject to a twelve week delay, it was due start of Feb.

I was offered and accepted a DSL from another group brand to free up my order for normal retail. The info is the engine shortage is due to the exhaust, but why no one knows why and that's just a Chinese whisper.

All Diesel orders have now been removed from the scheme list and Skoda are offering only petrol models to scheme users.

When I called in at a local dealer at xmas time,the manager mentioned problems with the exhaust supply for the diesels.That being the cause of the 6 month wait.

I thought at the time it was just the latest excuse rather than use the shortage of engines excuse.

Ordered my Yeti 170 Elegance from an online broker 5th November 2010, they told me delivery would be in Feb - March. Rang them today for an update and was informed that delivery would now be 17th April 2011. When I asked them why the date had slipped back they informed me that at a meeting with Skoda they were told that some "Silly Bonehead" had forgot to order a specific batch of pipes making up the exhaust/Turbocharger assembly at the engine manufacturing plant, this effectively stopped production for 10 Weeks!! He went on to say that I was lucky because if I ordered one now it would be a 7 month delivery time (minimum) and if I wanted a DSG gearbox slap another 10 weeks on that!!!

I was obviously a bit "Miffed" at this news and told him so, he then quite happily offered to refund my deposit immediately (I wonder why?), which I politely declined.

Another factor that might or might not have any bearing on the engine availability, I understand that there are a new range of engines that are going into the new 2011 Passat, they are more fuel efficient and produce considerably less CO2 emmisions.

Ordered my Yeti 170 Elegance from an online broker 5th November 2010, they told me delivery would be in Feb - March. Rang them today for an update and was informed that delivery would now be 17th April 2011. When I asked them why the date had slipped back they informed me that at a meeting with Skoda they were told that some "Silly Bonehead" had forgot to order a specific batch of pipes making up the exhaust/Turbocharger assembly at the engine manufacturing plant, this effectively stopped production for 10 Weeks!! He went on to say that I was lucky because if I ordered one now it would be a 7 month delivery time (minimum) and if I wanted a DSG gearbox slap another 10 weeks on that!!!

I was obviously a bit "Miffed" at this news and told him so, he then quite happily offered to refund my deposit immediately (I wonder why?), which I politely declined.

Another factor that might or might not have any bearing on the engine availability, I understand that there are a new range of engines that are going into the new 2011 Passat, they are more fuel efficient and produce considerably less CO2 emmisions.

Also ordered my 110 4x4 on the 5th November and likewise originally looking at a early March delivery, however mine been pushed back to a May.

TP

Deep sighs all round. But being british, stiff upper lip and all that, just shrug shoulders and tut loudly. Likewise after just phoning Skoda UK am now informed that SM 170 4x4 originally due build wk 6 now pulled from system. Nice of the dealer to inform me, not. Bit miffed with dealer, third Skoda from same dealer etc.

Trading from Audi to SM and selling car end Feb and therefore bit of a shortfall in the "wheels department" for anything between 8 and 12 weeks. Anyone any feedback on dealers providing loan cars etc

Deep sighs all round. But being british, stiff upper lip and all that, just shrug shoulders and tut loudly. Likewise after just phoning Skoda UK am now informed that SM 170 4x4 originally due build wk 6 now pulled from system. Nice of the dealer to inform me, not. Bit miffed with dealer, third Skoda from same dealer etc.

Trading from Audi to SM and selling car end Feb and therefore bit of a shortfall in the "wheels department" for anything between 8 and 12 weeks. Anyone any feedback on dealers providing loan cars etc

Grrr. Sorry hear that!

As to a loan car: no chance I'm afraid. Audi has in their small print in the back of all their brochures (even for the A1!) that you will be kept informed of your order progress and should there be any delay you will be given a loan car for the difference in time. Škoda alas has no such small print - to keep costs down I suspect, as the money to pay for of all those loan cars has to come from somewhere...

That had crossed my mind. If you are doing a p/x deal with the supplying dealer and they had a buyer lined up and waiting for your old car, guess it could possibly be traded in early and a loan car (probably a basic Fabia) be provided until the SM's arrival. Bet this scenario has happened somewhere before - no doubt our dealer friend Mr R at Allams could confirm.

I ordered my 1.2 TSI DSG last august. I was told that by november it should have been ready. Then the dealer called me to let me know it was moved to week 1 of 2011 because of the DSG (shortage?) and I would get it on 24 of january. On 24 of january I was told that it had moved to week 8, so it was not yet built, when I was waiting for it to be shipped. I don't understand why there is so little communication between the dealer and the factory (in England there is SUK but here we have direct link with the factory or so they say). I see in this forum that only diesels had slipped build dates or cars with sunroofs but I have only ordered DSG and none of the other options I have selected, seem to have caused this delay. I have selected TPM, climatronic, cruise control, bolero with 12 speakers and soundsystem, bluetooth. I am starting to think that the dealer has given my car to someone else and ordered a new one. Anyway I will wait even though the dealer seems ready to give me my deposit back.

I am now thinking that the name of the car is apt. My Yeti isn't built YET. And like for the snow monster: you have to wait somewhere for 6 months just to see its footprints (build dates ;-)) ...

No - repeating a previous 'joke' I ventured on another thread, which was so appalling no-one commented on it at the time - the car should be called the NOT YETi.

It seems to me that there are actually very few points of commonality in all these tales of delayed cars and I begin to suspect that it's not so much a matter of shortages of particular components as just random - ie poor - management of build schedules. The only thing that does appear to be certain is that communication between the three prongs of SCZ, SUK and the dealers - and from there onwards to the poor customer, more often than not left completely in the dark about the progress of her/his expensive order - is dreadful, and something that really should be addressed.

No - repeating a previous 'joke' I ventured on another thread, which was so appalling no-one commented on it at the time - the car should be called the NOT YETi.

Oh I had forgotten about that one. NOT YETi it is!

Loud, yet appreciative, groan!!

It seems to me that there are actually very few points of commonality in all these tales of delayed cars and I begin to suspect that it's not so much a matter of shortages of particular components as just random - ie poor - management of build schedules. The only thing that does appear to be certain is that communication between the three prongs of SCZ, SUK and the dealers - and from there onwards to the poor customer, more often than not left completely in the dark about the progress of her/his expensive order - is dreadful, and something that really should be addressed.

This has occurred to me too in the last couple of days. It seems that given that there are 130 dealers in Uk, there are also 130 differing excuses as to why there are delays.

What is probably the case is that nobody really knows for sure, and having listened to the rumours and half-truths that exist, the dealer then spouts whatever would - er - pacify/mollify/least enrage his customer.

In the motor industry there appears to be deliberate moves towards the obfuscation of "the truth". Everything is cloaked in secrecy, presumably in case market share is lost.

Edited by Freshacre

Having started this thread some time ago and looking at the responses, the only conclusion I can draw is that there seems to be no discernible pattern in the relationship between order date and delivery. Surely, at the point of ordering, barring disasters, Skoda know what their commitments are and should be able to predict within a week or two when your car will be built. VAG is one of the major manufacturers worldwide and should know the volume of vehicles on order at any given moment and for each of their marques and models together with options. I am inclined to the view, expressed earlier, that VAG are juggling orders against economic factors beyond customers' control and that priority is being given to markets that bring in the biggest profits. That was certainly Honest John's view a while back and seems to me the only viable explanation. As a frequent visitor to France, I know that VAG products there are more expensive since my local VW dealer there has several times offered to supply me with a replacement for my Touran and on each occasion I have found the quoted price, even with discount, to be substantially higher than that in the UK. The UK is, therefore paying for lower prices with extended delivery times. I wonder how delivery times in mainland Europe compare with those we are seeing. Can anyone comment?