New VRS Owner

Hi,

Another new member.

Picked up a 56 Plate 5 door VRS TDi at the weekend in race blue, the smile hasn't left my face yet, very impressed. I do have a couple of questions that I don't seem to be able to get answers for though so wondered if you guys had any thoughts on them.

1) My daily journey to work is 44 miles, 16 of those are on A roads with about 4 major roundabouts so a bit of stop start, the remaining 28 are motorway and are usually pretty good. I used to have a Mondeo CR 130 diesel which would average about 47mpg on that journey, but with the VRS I'm struggling to get above 41mpg even when I'm being good. Does that sound about right for these engines?

2) I read before I brought it that the driveability of the 2.0 PD TDI was rough at low speeds, would remapping it help with that or is it likely to make it worse?

Thanks.

Hi bubblec,

I'd like to know this as well. I'm also the new owner of a 56 plate 2.0 TDi PD Vrs (and new member here!). I drove 400 miles in it last saturday (mainly motorway) and was only averaging about 40 mpg. My previous car (Golf 1.9 GT TDi 130) used to average mid 50's on the motorway.

I'm also interested in how a re-map would affect the mpg and the performance/running of the engine.

I have also recently bought a 56 plate VRS TDi.

I've so far done 2,500 miles, living in the New Forest it's mosly B roads, with the odd run into Bournemouth or Southampton. Most of those miles have been 2x trips to Cornwall and 2x trips up to London so a good mix of driving types. My iPhone fuel consumption data reads as follows:

These are the brim to brim refill calculations my phone gives me. I was expecting a little more MPG as my dads 140 in his A3 averages in the 50's, but it's still a hell of a lot better than my S4! I seem to get between 465 and 485 miles to a tank.

Dan

I'm also considering a remap but not sure where to go and what to have done. Have considered having the DPF removed adn fitting a Miltek, but not sure if it's worth it as I probably won't have the car long knowing me!

Do you guys mind me asking what you paid for the cars and with how many miles? Purely out of interest to know if I paid the right amount?! PM me if you like.

Edited by dan yeates