Spare wheel AND internal bike carrier

rockhopper

I many ways I prefer the upright position, If I could find a way of covering the boot. But saying that, it does have sunset glass, so people can't peek too much...

Mike

Now, if Skoda put in a second set of parcel shelf fittings so that you could secure it higher up, like some other SUV's, then............. !! Sorry just wishful thinking.

Now, if Skoda put in a second set of parcel shelf fittings so that you could secure it higher up, like some other SUV's, then............. !! Sorry just wishful thinking.

Ah yes. The first Renault Megane and the Chrysler PT Cruiser have the opposite in that the parcel shelf can also be mounted half way down which is also a pretty useful feature. If you make the shelf a hard one instead of a roller one Skoda why not give more positions to fix it at?! Or a way off putting it on the floor and out of the way.

Ah yes. The first Renault Megane and the Chrysler PT Cruiser have the opposite in that the parcel shelf can also be mounted half way down which is also a pretty useful feature. If you make the shelf a hard one instead of a roller one Skoda why not give more positions to fix it at?! Or a way off putting it on the floor and out of the way.

Bizarrely the Fabia II has a mid position for the parcel shelf; not found a use for it yet :wonder:

Regards,

TP

I rather like the idea of a non-rigid roller blind type of shelf, though I believe there are some issues with the cargo retention requirements of TUV vehicle tests.

They can also set up some weird resonances whilst travelling at speed. (eg early Astra Estates).

The Yeti shelf isn't the best engineered device ever is it? It is not the easiest thing to manoevre in or out of the car, the flap that is supposed to close the gap behind the seats isn't really the right size, the tailgate cord "balls" knock annoyingly against the tailgate if you don't hook them onto the tailgate studs, and the whole thing could do with sitting slightly higher above the load space - particularly is you have a raised floor & spare wheel.

Other than that it's fine!

• 1 year later...

Not exactly on topic I know but... Thanks for posting your experience with the bike carrier.

I hope to take delivery of a Yeti at the end of the week and, with the help of a very obliging salesman, tried out a few different configurations to fit our track bikes.

With one seat and middle section out I could load 2x sets of rollers, 2x track bikes, 4x spare race wheels and still have space for kit bags, food bags etc. See below.

post-95904-0-34179900-1349597910_thumb.jpg

post-95904-0-50763600-1349597923_thumb.jpg

SOLD!

I have a few fittings for restraining forks so I may create my own platform but good to know how Skoda approach it.

Might yet try for 3x everything!

Edited by Chris Blount