looking to buy fabia vrs

im looking to buy a fabia vrs 1.9 tdi....... and most models i look at are around 50,000 and 60,000 miles at around £6,000 i guess obviously i know that they hold their price

shud i be stayin away from models around this sort of mileage?? or are they fine?? do they last a long time?? what problems shud i look for??

theres prob a thread already for this but i cant find it lol

thanks

chris

Generally the Fabia vRS engine wise is solid, provided its been properly serviced, & had the cambelt changed @ the 4 yr service or 60k miles ( whichever comes 1st)

If you do a search or even browse the Fabia 1 section, there are plenty of posts asking what to look for, provided you follow the simple advice , you generally cant go wrong.

thanks for the help already guys! yh i will do a bit of research!....... went to look at one yesterday just to reli see if i wanted one......... sat in it and thought this is me so im 100% getting one just research into price and info about them :)

Being Kent based myself I see you are, where in Kent?

Caffyns Tonbridge have a yella one :)

It's gone :( dunno if its sold or not was in there today ...but they wanted just shy of £8000 for that :o

Was looking on there sheet inside and they have a 56 silver vrs under 40k miles for £7950 or something if your looking at stealers... don't have any other mk1's in there though... A mk2 vrs was outside... I was so tempted to sign my life away on finance and trade mine in haha...

Andrew

Bought mine on 49k.

Now on 72k... Nothing Engine wise gone pop yet.. and hopefully nothing will for at least another 20.

I had the front console bushes replaced as almost all Fabia's get through these in 40k flat.. but the parts been revised and you can fit an uprated part that's even stronger if you like.

Yeah, I'd say at 50k you'll be fine.... the only trouble you'll have if any will be suspension related and not stupid money... Depends how the previous drove over speed bumps.

Edited by Rob.

Like this......

Brummmmm....... bump......... Brummmm!

Only 1 axle?.... or so quick it becomes one noise? :giggle:

Makes me giggle.. in winter it's more of a

Brummmmm....... bump..Creak....... Brummmm!

Gotta love those creaky rear bushes! It's how I know Christmas is coming! :thumbup:

From Sevenoaks! Good lad! So am I! I have a black with cc'd grill lcr splitter n pressed plates. I brought mine on 88k, now on 98 and only problem I had was when it shat out it's turbo. Currently 190bhp with pd150 turbo, give me a pm if u wanna go for a spin in a nodded fab :D

From Sevenoaks! Good lad! So am I! I have a black with cc'd grill lcr splitter n pressed plates. I brought mine on 88k, now on 98 and only problem I had was when it shat out it's turbo. Currently 190bhp with pd150 turbo, give me a pm if u wanna go for a spin in a nodded fab :D

noice where bouts u get urs from?? and yh mate i spin wud be gd lol!

I doubt it. Not trying to put you off but the standard KKK turbo is ****. You will be fine but 90k+ I would budget for a new one. Oh I also have the superpro dogbone engine mount, **** easy fitting and massive difference, the standard engine mount is probably good for about 30k. Made of blu tak.

I am in riverhead, I am being completly honest though, they are fantastic cars. The amount you get out of them is unreal, so much fun, although it seems like alot going wrong I have basically had everything likely to go wrong, go. All of which are easy fixes. Good to have local ppl

The yellow one at tonbridge has gone btw!

The price was replaced with 'sold' last Tuesday!

I am very tempted to go n ask what they got for it. I am shocked at what they had it up for!

It was diabolically priced and it was there for a fair few weeks, im picking up a facia adaptor from then tomorrow (today) so ill be cheeky and ask haha ill let you know :thumbup:

Andrew

I'm from croydon so not far at all. Got mine on 58k and done 13k in 20 months and all I've spent on fixing it is bulbs and door clips. Still on original bushes.

But I am having gear seletor problems with first and some times second. Think the oil needs changing.

I'm from croydon so not far at all. Got mine on 58k and done 13k in 20 months and all I've spent on fixing it is bulbs and door clips. Still on original bushes.

But I am having gear seletor problems with first and some times second. Think the oil needs changing.

Thats probably due in the next service?

I asked the tonbridge guys how much they sold that yellow vrs.... 8 grand... god knows how that happened it was only an 07 with 40k on the clock... i would maybe just about pay that for an SE if it was mint.

8 ******* grand?! No way! I was really tempted to p/x mine for that one and get a massive discount as my bodyshop Is there approved repairer, and a few of my estimators are good friends with the sales man. There was one on auto trader (I think) for £6500 07 plate 24k yellow.

I paid £4500 for mine, its black magic, one previous owner, 12 months ticket with full service history, plus it has the summer pack with e sun roof and added factory parking sensors! its done 52,000 - Got it as a trade sale from citroen!

It does need the bonnet re painting/replacing due to the previous owner painting it with rattle cans! and a new windscreen - but i'll have those sorted in a jiffy!