Screwing Amp Direct To Back Seat?

Hi,

Ok, well apart from my ignition barrel problems which will be gone on Wednesday I am halfway through an ICE install, got a new head unit fitted, RCA, Power and Remote cables wired, sub ready to go.

So the Amp, I was thinking of attaching it directly to the back of the Octavia Mk1 rear seats. Wasn't going to bother with wood or anything else, was just going to screw it in there, has anyone done this before? And if so, what type of screws did you use, and any problems with it, ie does it actually attach ok to the reat seats.

The 2nd question I have is the earth wire, where is a good earth point in the boot?

Thanks & Regards

Jon

Mounted an amp in my old Omega. worked fine but don't earth to the seat as it may not be adequate. Just drilled holes and used self tapping screws.

Makes it a doddle to fit and service as you just drop the seat down.

Edited by goonybird

Beneath near side tail light cluster. There's a bolt welded to the chassis. All the boot electrics are earthed to that already so will be obvious when you see it.

Edit: I'm sure you're already aware but pick the shortest screws you can for doing what you're doing on the back of the seats. Should you need to make an emergency stop, any rear passengers might fly back onto their seat and get a nice load of srew in their back.

For this reason, I attatched my amp to the sub box instead.

Edited by Jcb.

Cheers mate, yeah I did see that bolt, ideal point, but i was told that the earth lead needs to be short as possible, like less than 10" or something, with the amp on the back seat it would be longer than that. But might see if I can move the amp nearer that light cluster?

And yeah can see what your saying about screws going into someones back.

Cheers

Jon

Haven't heard about the earth lead needing to be short? But i'm not an ICE expert by any means! I'm sure there is some logic behind it. :thumbup:

It's a tricky one, the Octavia boot is so big, but when you want to make things neat and tidy there never seems to be the right space to mount something! Depending on the size, would it fit where the multi changer is? (providing you're not using it)

Close to the earthing point too!