Stream music via Bluetooth on the Bolero?

Nolhott

Had to ask here about this, as it's not in the manual. Press and hold the > or < buttons and it starts skipping through the current track. Doesn't do anything for a second or two, so I had assumed it didn't work.

ah, i seee.

so here's a question for the all knowing...

if you set up a bluetooth connection, as said above, with your phone, can you then use bolero for calls?

i'm guessing not.

or would you need to get the bluetooth phone enabling kit?

yes you can the calls come through and the music restarts when the call is terminated , same if you select phone and make a call .

the key is as several have said make sure you start the track before looking to select BT audio

I have a 2010 yeti and bolero

I still have a problem that if I receive a text while listening to the radio (Bolero) , I get the tone of a text receipt and then instead of the radio coming back on it starts playing music from iPhone - all rather bizarre and a bit of a shock to the driver and passengers because the iPhone music was twice as loud as the radio until I realised I can adjust the volume via the iPhone screen (not the through the Music App) when the iPhone is in lock mode!

Hi

Did some more research...and found this on a VW forum regarding that there is different generations of the Bolero / RCD510....and it seems like the latest Version 3 came out started to be implemented August 2011 ( anyway for VW)

u can still stream music using a2dp, the issue here is that u can't see the track info (album & artist) unless u have a specific model.

older models just say "BT Audio". u can't change (<< , >>) tracks. this needs to b done on the device (iPhone) itself.

newer models display the track info, plus enable you to change tracks.

from this forum http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f78/summary-bluetooth-options-rns510-rcd510-31461-47.html

so sadly it looks like I have the older Version 2, Bolero ( my car Mfgr May 2011) ,

OK, now I know the facts, still the questions is there, is it a simple software up-date or do I need a complete new Head Unit Version 3 ( don't think that will be economical) or maybe the BT box from Carsystems will make track change AVCRP possible http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-bluetooth-module-7p6035730f-upgrade,id206.html

I still have a problem that if I receive a text while listening to the radio (Bolero) , I get the tone of a text receipt and then instead of the radio coming back on it starts playing music from iPhone - all rather bizarre and a bit of a shock to the driver and passengers because the iPhone music was twice as loud as the radio until I realised I can adjust the volume via the iPhone screen (not the through the Music App) when the iPhone is in lock mode!

Sad to say...All Apple products ( have a few myself) act differently form "normal" products, we should ask if this happen on Andriod devices as well or just iOS related.

Had to ask here about this, as it's not in the manual. Press and hold the > or < buttons and it starts skipping through the current track. Doesn't do anything for a second or two, so I had assumed it didn't work.

Hallelujah, it works on mine! No more having to listen to a half hour podcast through from the beginning if I inadvertently knock the ">" button and it skips to the next track. Thanks for suggesting this, I think I owe you a beer!!

• Like 1

we should ask if this happen on Andriod devices as well or just iOS related.

I have had problems in the past with an Android phone when I left BT Audio enabled all the time. Every so often the phone would decide to start streaming music (usually some random and embarrassingly cheesy track!) simply because it suddenly realised that it had a BT Audio connection. The Bolero would switch to BT Audio automatically as soon as the phone started streaming. There are things you can do on the phone to stop it doing that but you can't set it through the normal menus, it involves tweaking settings using an app, and it requires the phone to be rooted. So I don't think the issue is confined to iOS.

I find the simplest solution is to leave BT Audio disabled unless I actually want to use it.

Right now I've got almost the opposite problem, in that I can't get voice directions from a sat nav app on the phone to stream via bluetooth unless I am already streaming audio from the phone. So I can't listen to the normal radio, or a CD or SD card, and just have the voice directions interrupting every so often. IIRC it's to do with the way that the Bolero won't actually switch to BT Audio unless something is already being streamed.

• Like 1

Hallelujah, it works on mine! No more having to listen to a half hour podcast through from the beginning if I inadvertently knock the ">" button and it skips to the next track. Thanks for suggesting this, I think I owe you a beer!!

That's exactly the reason why I asked on here originally - very frustrating with long tracks like podcasts and not being able to go back a bit for sections you miss while concentrating on driving!

Makes me wonder what else it can do that doesn't get mentioned in the manual. I don't suppose anyone knows how to get it to do gapless playback...

Right now I've got almost the opposite problem, in that I can't get voice directions from a sat nav app on the phone to stream via bluetooth unless I am already streaming audio from the phone. So I can't listen to the normal radio, or a CD or SD card, and just have the voice directions interrupting every so often. IIRC it's to do with the way that the Bolero won't actually switch to BT Audio unless something is already being streamed.

I doubt that will ever work as you are trying to get 2 audio sources to work at the same time. Neither the Bolero or the Columbus are multi tasking in that way.

I doubt that will ever work as you are trying to get 2 audio sources to work at the same time

True. When it comes down to it, though, I can't get voice directions from a sat nav app via bluetooth at all. The Bolero won't enable the BT Audio button unless there is audio being streamed, which most of the time with sat nav apps it's not.

I use Navfree (offline maps, no need for data connection) on my Galaxy SII phone, a couple of days ago I expreminted with the streaming and Nav on the Bolero (car is MY12). Decide what you want to play then launch the satnav app and speach muted the music for directions. It worked a treat. I need to try it with Google Maps next and see what happens.

Edit: Reduce the volume before pairing or you'll get speech from the phone as well as the car.

Edited by Hairball

Decide what you want to play then launch the satnav app and speach muted the music for directions.

That's no good if I don't want to play anything that's on the phone, just get the sat nav directions.

That's OK. This thread prompted me to have another fiddle around on my way home from work this afternoon. I discovered that if you once get the Bolero to switch to BT Audio, eg by playing some music on the phone so that the button lights up, if you then stop the streaming, the Bolero stays on BT Audio even through there's nothing being streamed. The sat nav voice directions then come through the Bolero even through there's nothing else being streamed. The Bolero does take a fraction of a second to latch on to the BT Audio when the voice starts, so you sometimes lose the first syllable of the directions. Still not ideal, then, but better than I previously thought.

I suppose if I put some decent audio tracks on my phone then I could be happier still...

True. When it comes down to it, though, I can't get voice directions from a sat nav app via bluetooth at all. The Bolero won't enable the BT Audio button unless there is audio being streamed, which most of the time with sat nav apps it's not.

Currently I use an Apple iPhone 4 running TomTom

The latest version of TomTom has a Audio Output switch whcih allows youo to quickly direct the voice commands either to the Yeti, or through the phone itself.

You are correct that the voice commands won't play through BT unless the button is enabled on the Bolero, which only happens if music is playing, so in the past I've had to play music, enable the BT, stop the music, open TomTom, then everything is fine.

If I need to listen to the radio, I can have TomTom stream its voice directions inot a bluetooth earpiece (so my passenger isn't disturbed) or I can just play it through the phone, which is normally loud enough to at least attract my attention to the screen so I can see what direction I need to go in.

All a bit of a work-around, but I've grown to live with it.

• 5 years later...

Reply to old topic....

I retrofitted 9w7 bluetooth to my 2011 Yeti with radio Swing.

ddress 77: Telephone (J412)       Labels: 7P6-035-730.clb
   Part No SW: 7P6 035 730 M    HW: 7P6 035 730 M
   Component: TELEFON       H16 4217  
   Revision: 1B001001    Serial number: 00007666972907
   Coding: 0201030000010110
   Shop #: WSC 12345 123 12345
   ASAM Dataset: EV_UHVNA 002720
   ROD: EV_UHVNA_002.rod
   VCID: 3C7CC200B790A1A1F5-8068

Streaming works well...

I need to stream music and see track info and skip spotify tracks with steering wheel.

The problem is the radio.

So I must retrofit Bolero.

Columbus is too expensive.

But which is the new working version of Bolero?

So I can skip tracks and see track info.

Is this OK ?

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/skoda/oem-3t0035156b-rcd510-eu-rds-version/?tpl=product_detail

The product description says:

Part number: 3T0035156B

HW:009

SW:0054

FD 4913

Thanks!

btw.

Bluetooth microphone voice is very bad... is there way to stop noise when calling?

What are these parameters in longcoding: 

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3807.0;a

Edited by kollikoukku