Stream music via Bluetooth on the Bolero?

Nolhott

Hi all!

I saw somewhere that the ability of streaming music to the Bolero was implemented only on the newer versions of it. When I checked mine I found that there is a checkbox named "Activate Bluetooth audio" under the Setup Media-menu, which I can tick. Also, in the Media-menu there is a box among the ones for selecting different music sources, named "BT-Audio". That box remains gray-coloured even if I tick the "Activate Bluetooth audio"-box. My phone has support for streaming music via Bluetooth A2DP but I can't get it to work together with the Bolero. The Bluetooth hands free works flawlessly however.

Could it be that, even though this is in the menus, the function is actually not implemented in my Bolero?

The car is manufactured in April 2010 and was delivered in June.

Regards.

Stephan

stephan,

i believe you need the bluetooth preparation kit to get it to work with your phone.

still not sure if that would allow you to stream music from your phone though.

simple answer is to put all your music on a sd card and plug it into bolero directly.

you have control via the touch screen and steering wheel controls that way too.

Hi all!

I saw somewhere that the ability of streaming music to the Bolero was implemented only on the newer versions of it. When I checked mine I found that there is a checkbox named "Activate Bluetooth audio" under the Setup Media-menu, which I can tick. Also, in the Media-menu there is a box among the ones for selecting different music sources, named "BT-Audio". That box remains gray-coloured even if I tick the "Activate Bluetooth audio"-box. My phone has support for streaming music via Bluetooth A2DP but I can't get it to work together with the Bolero. The Bluetooth hands free works flawlessly however.

Could it be that, even though this is in the menus, the function is actually not implemented in my Bolero?

The car is manufactured in April 2010 and was delivered in June.

Regards.

Stephan

Mine streams quite happily, as long as I start the music first and then select the BT-Audio from the Bolero menu.

Until I play music, the button is greyed out.

Once music is playing from the phone and the Skoda_BT is selected on the phone as the output, the button on the Bolero lights up green and is selectable.

Click it and the music comes through straight away.

Sound quality is excellent

That's right. You need to make sure it is connected in the BT audio setup section then press play on the phone. On the Columbus I have the option of auto starting if it recognises a BT audio stream, which is fine. But if I listen to the radio and an email comes in on the iPhone it switches to BT audio, so I have disabled that, so when I wish to connect just press the now active BT button.

Mike

simple answer is to put all your music on a sd card and plug it into bolero directly.

you have control via the touch screen and steering wheel controls that way too.

+ 1. A much simpler and easier to operate solution.

I've not used a CD and doubt that I will or will bother with the bluetooth connection or even the AUX in socket.

I just have a 4GB SD card, Bolero will take a 32GB card if you wish, and load what I fancy onto that. No messing around with phone/mp3 player.

Simples; eek! ;)

+ 1. A much simpler and easier to operate solution.

I've not used a CD and doubt that I will or will bother with the bluetooth connection or even the AUX in socket.

I just have a 4GB SD card, Bolero will take a 32GB card if you wish, and load what I fancy onto that. No messing around with phone/mp3 player.

Simples; eek! ;)

But, if you use TomTom for your journey and want music as well, the SD Card solution won't work.

Ideal scenario is for all music, TomTom voice and phone calls to come from the same, single device.

Edited by davehutch

But, if you use TomTom for your journey and want music as well, the SD Card solution won't work.

Ideal scenario is for all music, TomTom voice and phone calls to come from the same, single device.

Why not; I thought a Tom Tom satnav is a 'stand alone' gadget. What effect does it have on the Bolero?

That's why I have a Columbus. Head unit......

(okay, one of the reasons)

Mike

Thanks everyone for the quick answers.

I haven’t tried starting the music first on the phone and then see if it's possible to select BT-Audio on the Bolero. I'll try that the next time I'm using the car :)

YetiClive: I am already using the SD card so being able to stream music from my phone or not isn't really an issue for me. I'm just curious to find out if the function is there or not and if not, why is it then in the menus? Also, I think that the Bluetooth A2DP could be useful if you for instance want to listen to streamed music from the internet like Spotify, while driving.

/Stephan

ah, i seee.

so here's a question for the all knowing...

if you set up a bluetooth connection, as said above, with your phone, can you then use bolero for calls?

i'm guessing not.

or would you need to get the bluetooth phone enabling kit?

ah, i seee.

so here's a question for the all knowing...

if you set up a bluetooth connection, as said above, with your phone, can you then use bolero for calls?

i'm guessing not.

or would you need to get the bluetooth phone enabling kit?

That's right. If you can pair the phone in the maxidot it would sound Like you have BT installed. Do you have the MFSW with the telephone button? You can use the phone on the Bolero/Columbus if you can pair the phone via the setup in the maxidot.

If you can't find the BT setup in the maxidot, then you 'ain't got BT installed.

Mike

Edited by rockhopper

Bluetooth audio streaming is only posable with year11 model cars which were built after 25 may 2010, when they started fitting gsm2 Bluetooth kit. Cars built before this have the option on the belaro but it it not wired up.

Bluetooth audio streaming is only posable with year11 model cars which were built after 25 may 2010, when they started fitting gsm2 Bluetooth kit. Cars built before this have the option on the belaro but it it not wired up.

Ah yes, thanks for that. Forgot as mine is MY2011.

Mike

Is it possible to get it 'wired up' retrospectively in a car built before that? Mine was built at the end of March 2010. Can dealers do this? It would be useful.

OK

So most probably I don't have the Bluetooth music streaming possibility since mine was built in April 2010.

Normal Bluetooth handsfree works fine, but I assume you don't need GSM2 for that then.

Stephan.

OK

So most probably I don't have the Bluetooth music streaming possibility since mine was built in April 2010.

Normal Bluetooth handsfree works fine, but I assume you don't need GSM2 for that then.

Stephan.

GSM2 is fitted to your car. It is the wiring between the 2 you don't have.emoticon-0149-no.gif

Mike

That's right. If you can pair the phone in the maxidot it would sound Like you have BT installed. Do you have the MFSW with the telephone button? You can use the phone on the Bolero/Columbus if you can pair the phone via the setup in the maxidot.

If you can't find the BT setup in the maxidot, then you 'ain't got BT installed.

Mike

mike, i don't have phone buttons on the mfsw so looks like i ain't got bt.

dan, it appears i might have just missed the year 11 model build.

mine must have been built just before as i took delivery 2nd week of july.

never mind, i'm very happy with what i've got

thanx both

mike, i don't have phone buttons on the mfsw so looks like i ain't got bt.

dan, it appears i might have just missed the year 11 model build.

mine must have been built just before as i took delivery 2nd week of july.

never mind, i'm very happy with what i've got

thanx both

That's Ok

I can't always see what cars people have. Just noticed you have an SE. You would have had to pay in the region £350 to have BT preparation when you ordered your SM. BT is standard on Elegance models, with the BT audio streaming available as danbarnes said.

Mike

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have a MY2011 with Bolero, and DO HAVE the possibility of streaming BT Audio = GREAT

however I cannot change track on the steering wheel, I know that the Skoda sound systems can do that as I test drove a MY2012.

does anybody know if this AVRCP ( Audio Video Remote ) or sometimes mistaken for A2DP http://www.mobilebur...n.jsp?term=A2DP

do I lack hardware or software to make the remote function ( change track) on the steering wheel.?

appreciate all feed-back and suggestions....THANKS

Hi,

I have a MY2011 with Bolero, and DO HAVE the possibility of streaming BT Audio = GREAT

however I cannot change track on the steering wheel, I know that the Skoda sound systems can do that as I test drove a MY2012.

does anybody know if this AVRCP ( Audio Video Remote ) or sometimes mistaken for A2DP http://www.mobilebur...n.jsp?term=A2DP

do I lack hardware or software to make the remote function ( change track) on the steering wheel.?

appreciate all feed-back and suggestions....THANKS

I think it depends more on the phone. For example, no iPhone will do what you want but some other phones will.

I think it depends more on the phone. For example, no iPhone will do what you want but some other phones will.

YES, it may be phone depending...

BUT I have used the same phone my HTC One X on both occasions, in the MY2012 (test Drive) the steering wheel controls do work but not on my MY2011 not so.

I read somewhere that the Bolero / RCD510 have been updated to a version-3

I can check my situation at the weekend.

My Sony W995 would not connect on Bluetooth but my new Sony Xperia S does. 'BT AUDIO'

However I have so far just set music playing and not bothered about changing tracks. I'll test this at the weekend.

Just also to mention that whilst playing through BT from my Xperia S I have no Track ID display on the Bolero.

Just tried at lunchtime and my MY12 (build week 20) Yeti can change tracks on BT Audio (Nokia N900 phone). No fast forward/reverse, and no track display on the Bolero screen, but at least it pauses and skips back & forward between tracks. I'd assumed it wouldn't be able to do that much, so it's good to know the feature is there. I looked to see if there was an option to see what firmware version was present, but couldn't find anything. For general use I'll stick to the SD card, as having fast forward/reverse is essential for the longer radio broadcast tracks I tend to listen to.

Edit - got confused on build years again, mine was built beginning of May 2012, so a MY12. For some reason I was thinking they were half a year behind rather than six months ahead with the MY switchover.

Edited by dbg400

Thks Freedom for your info, good to know,

Also read someplace that there was a build change on the Yeti on May 25th 2011, mine is made in May 2011, so there is a chance I do not have the latest up-grade

For general use I'll stick to the SD card, as having fast forward/reverse is essential for the longer radio broadcast tracks I tend to listen to.

Is this another MY12 feature? It doesn't work on my Bolero, all I can do is go back and forward between tracks. (Although I'd rather assumed that was because my tracks were recorded at variable bit rate which AIUI is difficult to FFWD/REW.)