Delivery Times (Ireland)

First Time poster here .... nearly first time Skoda owner.

I have bitten the bullet and decided to grow up, my beloved MV GTI is on the market and I have ordered a Superb Combi Elegance Greenline. With the onset of Kids and Dogs and moving to the countryside I needed a big frugal family car. Going from around 10,000 miles per annum to about 25k means the GTI isn't a runner anylonger.

To be fair, after knocking around dealership to dealership, VW, Audi, Opel, Ford etc ... I stumbled upon the new Skoda dealership in Ballymount and almost immediately decided on the Combi. I must admit I was never a lover of Skoda, I just didn't see the appeal. I did consider the VRs when I was looking at the GTI but it just didn't do it for me. But, the Superb has really caught my imagination, I love toy and gadgets etc.

Now my problem is delivery time!! I have been given an ETA of about week 12, how accurate are the dealers delivery dates? When I bought my GTI I was originally give a 10 week delivery time which eventually stretched out to over 20 weeks.

The only option I have ordered on top of the Elegance is the Hill Start and TPM.

I'm sure I will have plenty of more questions when it arrives.

First Time poster here .... nearly first time Skoda owner.

I have bitten the bullet and decided to grow up, my beloved MV GTI is on the market and I have ordered a Superb Combi Elegance Greenline. With the onset of Kids and Dogs and moving to the countryside I needed a big frugal family car. Going from around 10,000 miles per annum to about 25k means the GTI isn't a runner anylonger.

To be fair, after knocking around dealership to dealership, VW, Audi, Opel, Ford etc ... I stumbled upon the new Skoda dealership in Ballymount and almost immediately decided on the Combi. I must admit I was never a lover of Skoda, I just didn't see the appeal. I did consider the VRs when I was looking at the GTI but it just didn't do it for me. But, the Superb has really caught my imagination, I love toy and gadgets etc.

Now my problem is delivery time!! I have been given an ETA of about week 12, how accurate are the dealers delivery dates? When I bought my GTI I was originally give a 10 week delivery time which eventually stretched out to over 20 weeks.

The only option I have ordered on top of the Elegance is the Hill Start and TPM.

I'm sure I will have plenty of more questions when it arrives.

They seem to be pretty accurate in ireland, i had no real delays to speak of on mine

Delivery time of week 12 ( sometime after 20/03/2011), allows for an approx 8 week lead time, and is about the same timeframe as I had, when my order was placed this time last year, and my car was collected on 19/03/2010, having placed an order on 27/01/2010, and was given a build week of week 9, 28/02/2010,

so if you have placed an order now, you may even get an earlier delivery, as Skoda Irl, seem to have a number of build spots pre-booked, and nearly as soon as your order is placed, you will receive a build week, and then any time you are in contact with your dealer, you can track it's progress.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have researched several makes and delivery is a problem on quite a few. I feel I'm getting the run around with Skoda right now because when you order you are told a date (build week), but then they come back and say "oh but you want a such and such spec, that will take much longer"

Rather ****ed off right now.

I have Superb on order. It will be my first, and last, Skoda.

I ordered it 8th October and was given a stock date of 31st December. This has now been pushed back to 28th April.

AWFUL, terrible service from Skoda. 7 months for a car? I could build one myself in that time. Don't believe a word they say on delivery times. It's all lies, they're way, way behind schedule.

My Superb was delivered a little bit earlier than quoted. Car was shipped by train to Germany then onto a boat to Cork and then transporter to Annesley Williams in DUB.

Fecking took longer to get from Cork to DUB than Czech Republic to Cork and was delivered to dealer about 5pm the day before Paddy's Day.....aaaagh so I had to wait til the day after Paddys to pick it up.

Annesley Williams by the Airport were Superb to deal with if you parden the pun.

My Superb was delivered a little bit earlier than quoted. Car was shipped by train to Germany then onto a boat to Cork and then transporter to Annesley Williams in DUB.

Fecking took longer to get from Cork to DUB than Czech Republic to Cork and was delivered to dealer about 5pm the day before Paddy's Day.....aaaagh so I had to wait til the day after Paddys to pick it up.

Annesley Williams by the Airport were Superb to deal with if you parden the pun.

Ordered the 170bhp combi elegance on the 27th Jan 2011, I'm driving it since last Monday. Wouldn't tell me where they pulled it from. The DSGs are adding weeks to delivery times.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered the 170bhp combi elegance on the 27th Jan 2011, I'm driving it since last Monday. Wouldn't tell me where they pulled it from. The DSGs are adding weeks to delivery times.

Hi there, ordered three weeks ago. Which dealer did you order from?

Looking to see if anyone here might be able to shine some light on my delivery date.

I had my combi greenline with a build date of week 9. Which was confirmed by the dealer and what he is telling me now is that it will take 'about 2 weeks' for delivery .. I can't tie him down to anything specific. Would anyone here have an idea how accurate that is?

My problem is that I have managed to sell my GTI and to get me bye I have a lend of an Audi A5 (sweet motor re-mapped 2.7TDI auto .. don't want to give that back either) .. but unfortuantly it isn't the best for baby seat and the poor dog is barred from it !!!

To get the family back together I need my superb !!!

Is the 'two weeks' too vague or should I be looking at delivery in week 11 .. which is next week?

Looking to see if anyone here might be able to shine some light on my delivery date.

I had my combi greenline with a build date of week 9. Which was confirmed by the dealer and what he is telling me now is that it will take 'about 2 weeks' for delivery .. I can't tie him down to anything specific. Would anyone here have an idea how accurate that is?

My problem is that I have managed to sell my GTI and to get me bye I have a lend of an Audi A5 (sweet motor re-mapped 2.7TDI auto .. don't want to give that back either) .. but unfortuantly it isn't the best for baby seat and the poor dog is barred from it !!!

To get the family back together I need my superb !!!

Is the 'two weeks' too vague or should I be looking at delivery in week 11 .. which is next week?

Too vague,nail them to a date, don't forget next week is a short working week (17th)

At this stage, your dealer should be able to log onto the system, and find the exact current location of your car. it should also give a possible arrival date, in Ireland, and then allow 2 days from Dublin, or 3 days from Cork, to your dealer, and 1 other day for p.d.i.

However if this leads towards the end of next week, ( being St Patrick's day on thursday), car might not be ready for collection until the start of the following week.

Best of luck with your new car, it's well worth the wait.

Lads a question.

I have 2009 170bhp and road tax is €300 odd.

I see the new passat highline has 170bhp as well and road tax is €104. (actually all non DSG diesel passats are €104.

Are the 2011 170bhp Superbs cheaper tax and if not will it be something that appears in the next superb facelift.

D

Lads a question.

I have 2009 170bhp and road tax is €300 odd.

I see the new passat highline has 170bhp as well and road tax is €104. (actually all non DSG diesel passats are €104.

Are the 2011 170bhp Superbs cheaper tax and if not will it be something that appears in the next superb facelift.

D

Current 2011 170bhp model is the higher band €300ish, don't know about the facelift model which maybe due 2012,but I'm sure somebody will come on and have more info for you, my understanding is the DSG model is the next band up again at €600ish.

• 2 weeks later...

So .. it's the final countdown ... My Combi is due with the dealer on Thursday .... question is- will I realistically get it before the weekend, how long does it take to PDI a new motor?

If I do get it before the weekend the dealer would have been spot on with the delivery time when I ordered it.

I want to do a road trip with Doggie over the weekend if the sun stays out !!

I've just been told that my Superb, ordered 8TH OCTOBER 2010 and sat on the dealer's forecourt (up in Newcastle) since Thursday 17th, isn't going to be delivered to me until Monday 28th, a week today.

ELEVEN days to PDI and deliver a car? I'm sick of Skoda already, everything seems to happen at a snail's pace.

I've told LexAutolease to tell the dealer i'm not satisfied with that turnaround. I'm waiting to see if they'll go for my suggestion... that the dealer fills the Superb up with diesel for me and i'll drive up and get it.

Is it possible that SOMEONE in the supply chain actually has some common sense? If so they'll accept my idea.

picking mine up at 3pm tomorrow .. just got the call!! :rofl:

dealer's quoted delivery date of 10 weeks at time of order was bang on .. so looking forward to a nice family weekend again !!! but ...saying good bye to the A5 is going to be painful ... :S

Enjoy.

I ordered new superb combi greenline elegance. Great looking car. Was advised of lead time of 12 weeks which would have me driving away from the forecourt mid May 2011. Now advised that problems with production of greenline models will push delivery out to July 2011. Absolutely disgraceful. Luckily I ordered VW Passat Highline same day and looks like delivery will be on target. Can I really trust July delivery date? hard to say. Was always a VW owner but was lured by the extras in Skoda. Now I'm beginning to regret it . . . anyone hear of these delivery/production issues or is it a spin?

We ordered our greenline combi about 3 weeks ago, paid deposit and were told be in last week in may, first week in June. got a call yesterday to say it would be july which would mean not qualifing for scrappage and now today we are being told that there will be NO greenline combi's available until November 2011. Like who buys a 2011 car in novemeber. I am actually livid. we have a new baby on the way and really feel we are being given the run around but i have just seen the email from Skoda to the dealership which states NO Greenlines until November so I'd be advising you all to check on your orders. As it stands now we are being offered different cars but no choice in colour as they are simply the only ones left in stock. I think it is absolutely disgusting that a company is selling acrs that they can;t build and worse that dealerships are doing deals knowing that the cars arent available. At this stage we'll be taking our deposit back and never dealing with skoda or the dealership again. A real shame as looks like a super family car but obviously not

Enjoy.

I ordered new superb combi greenline elegance. Great looking car. Was advised of lead time of 12 weeks which would have me driving away from the forecourt mid May 2011. Now advised that problems with production of greenline models will push delivery out to July 2011. Absolutely disgraceful. Luckily I ordered VW Passat Highline same day and looks like delivery will be on target. Can I really trust July delivery date? hard to say. Was always a VW owner but was lured by the extras in Skoda. Now I'm beginning to regret it . . . anyone hear of these delivery/production issues or is it a spin?

I've added this to main post too but just so you know - We ordered our greenline combi about 3 weeks ago, paid depost and were told be in last week in may, first week in June. got a call yesterday to say it would be july which would mean not qualifing for scrappage and now today we are being told that there will be NO greenline combi's available until November 2011. Like who buys a 2011 car in novemeber. I am actually livid. we have a new baby on the way and really feel we are being given the run around but i have just seen the email from Skoda to the dealership which states NO Greenlines until November so I'd be advising you all to check on your orders. As it stands now we are being offered different cars but no choice in colour as they are simply the only ones left in stock. I think it is absolutely disgusting that a company is selling acrs that they can;t build and worse that dealerships are doing deals knowing that the cars arent available. At this stage we'll be taking our deposit back and never dealing with skoda or the dealership again. A real shame as looks like a super family car but obviously not