3 windows open when unlocking car

Yesterday I experienced a weird problem with my new Superb II: I parked the car on the crowdy street, get out, locked the car and jumped for a parking ticket to the corner. I came back, pressed unlock button on the key in order to put the parking ticket inside - car unlocked as usually, BUT all windows dropped down cca 5 cm (except window at driver!). I pressed lock button shortly, car locked (and windows stayed open). I closed them by holding down the lock button for few seconds. Tried again to unlock the car - and 3 windows opened again 5cm down.

I called to the Skoda car service and they told me that there is apparently problem with the remote key unit ("sticky" unlock button on the key). I could not believe that, because if they were true, the windows were opened completely and not 5cm only. Nevertheless, I went home and did the test with my second spare key. Same behavior - 3 windows dropped down 5 cm always when pressing shortly unlock button.

I tried to start up and turn off the engine, lock-unlock the car 2-3 times, still same problem. Next I tried to ignite-turn off engine and then immediately pressed unlock button on the key. Did the test - and everything was back in normal, including folding rear mirrors when holding lock button down.

Did somebody else experienced this behaviour? Is this something wrong or (I could imagine) is it some "extra" feature enabled by some combination of lock/unlock buttons on the key? I have heard some cars have similar function to protect children locked in the car at sunny days by opening windows to ventilation position.

Thanks for any advise or tips.

Edited by Martin Couf

That is strange it sounds like the anti-trap feature is coming on , a gremlin somewhere. When my car was new the rear nearside speaker would make a huge noise when I turned the engine on, it did it about 3 times and now is fine :thumbup:

Try unlocking the car and go round all the windows one by one and open/close them a couple of times. Then see what happens on the remote.

Over Christmas my car wouldn't fold the mirrors in on the remote, but it was fine on the mirror switch and if I tried to drop the windows using the open butto on the remote, only the passenger side would open. Doing the above seems to have reset the system and it has been working finr for the past 3 weeks.

I was sure it wasn't a remote issue on my car as I have three remotes, my wife and father each have a remote in addition to myself, so what are the chances of all thre remotes having the same problem?

• Like 1

Please keep focus on the thread topic and not on my bad English. I assume everybody understand that I meant to ignite the engine, not myself :-) It was certainly not that bad :-)

Welcome to the forum, please take the above comments with the humour they are given with. If the problem happens with different keys then it does sound like the problem is with the car controller. Pressing and holding the open button on the key is supposed to make all the windows open as long as you are holding the button. If only 3 are opening it could be a problem with the controller. Like a poster above said try opening and closing the windows fully using the door buttons to see if that resets the system.

Ian

I have noticed this to. I thought it was because I kept holding the lock button for to long after the windows closed/mirrors folded. Maybe there is some kind of software failure in the system when this happends?

/P

• 6 months later...

Try unlocking the car and go round all the windows one by one and open/close them a couple of times. Then see what happens on the remote.

Over Christmas my car wouldn't fold the mirrors in on the remote, but it was fine on the mirror switch and if I tried to drop the windows using the open butto on the remote, only the passenger side would open. Doing the above seems to have reset the system and it has been working finr for the past 3 weeks.

I was sure it wasn't a remote issue on my car as I have three remotes, my wife and father each have a remote in addition to myself, so what are the chances of all thre remotes having the same problem?

I have EXCACTLY the same issue. Locking the car (with either of two remotes) and keeping the lock button pressed does not fold in the mirrors, as it should do. Unlocking the car (again, with either of the two remotes) causes the driver's window to drop down about 4-5 cms. Weird... Brand new car, only drove 15kkm. Also Superb Combi 1.8TSI.

I have EXCACTLY the same issue. Locking the car (with either of two remotes) and keeping the lock button pressed does not fold in the mirrors, as it should do. Unlocking the car (again, with either of the two remotes) causes the driver's window to drop down about 4-5 cms. Weird... Brand new car, only drove 15kkm. Also Superb Combi 1.8TSI.

AND the above solution worked. I only had to "trigger" each window with ignition on, and mirrors started to fold nicely when I'm keeping the lock button pushed. Thnx a milliony

I had this issue when I had a broken led lense in my wing mirror, as though there was a short somewhere. I fixed the led and everything started working correctly again, ie mirrors folded in when locking the car.

So what exactly was the solution? Easy step by step please, excuse my stupidness.. Having the same problem, and the mirrors won't fold as before when holding lock button. Dont remember doing anything to make it this way.

So what exactly was the solution? Easy step by step please, excuse my stupidness.. Having the same problem, and the mirrors won't fold as before when holding lock button. Dont remember doing anything to make it this way.

I think it's a computer fluke. BTW - did you notice a reset of the values "route", "average consumption" and "driving time" at the same time this problem started? I did.

Ok, my problem was this:

When locking and keeping the lock-button pressed, the mirrors didn't fold.

When unlocking and keeping the unlock button pressed for just a fraction of a second longer than it takes to unlock, the driver's window (left side - Euro model) would drop about 5 cm.

What I did was this:

Unlock - get into the car

Ignition on

Close all windows, one by one (in fact, I just lifted the window control button to close the already closed windows. It seems that's enough).

Ignition off - get out of the car

Lock car, keep lock button pressed. The mirrors should now fold in nicely.

Unlock - the driver's window should not drop.

Keep unlock button pressed - all windows should open.

Hope it works for you too!

Your method worked :) everything back to normal. Didnt lose any information regarding average, time in the MDF.

Excellent! Credit goes to RS3100 for solving this.

I have the same problem.If I open the car and all four windows open for about 5 cm.It does this rarely..once in 100 unlocks,so it doesn't bother me.Recently I turned off the rain-closing feature and now it seems the issue is solved.