New car detail......

richie

Right!!

Next week we will become the proud owners of a new Fabia vRS Mk2 B) It has the race blue body and white roof and the half black and silver alloys :p Now, I've asked the dealers not to detail the car before we collect it, as I have a few ideas for it....... Follwing a snowfoam wash and clay bar, should I

1. Auto gylm SRP, either by hand or machine. Autoglym High Def wax and Zaino Z8 wipe down.

2. Complete Zaino treatment with a kit purchased from Elite car care.... cant decide between these 3

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/zaino-finishing-kit-with-z-2-pro.php?manufacturers_id=61

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/zaino-finishing-kit-with-z-5-pro.php?manufacturers_id=61

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/zaino-total-protection-show-car-kit.php?manufacturers_id=61

Please, any opinions, thoughts etc.. :yes:

Edited by richie

Sholud have made it clear, the car is sitting the show room as one of the "sit in and have a play" cars. Having closley inspected it, there are a few light scratches here and there, but otherwise, its pretty clean :thumbup:

Edited by richie

Very nice Richie, I've had a sit and play in that one!!

Is the Sport going or your vrs?

It's the Ferbi Sport thats going (sadly, frigging great car!!) the PCP contract still has 12 months to go, but Tracy was just interested as she likes the vRS. See review for the dealer concerned :smirk:

I can't justify getting rid of the Octi vRS, bugger all wrong with it :D

Edited by richie

It's the Ferbi Sport thats going (sadly, frigging great car!!) the PCP contract still has 12 months to go, but Tracy was just interested as she likes the vRS. See review for the dealer concerned :smirk:

I'm going slightly mad........................................but the vRs is great to drive and the one in the showroom is just the spec I wanted..........plus extras for no extra price...........................and NO VAT (well I know I still have to pay VAT but quite a large discount imho) :clap:

Edited by Mrs Stig

If your not going to machine polish it then the second link as Z5 has a slight filling abllity.

If on the other hand you are machine polishing then Z2 but use it without polishing and it will show how flawed your paint is as its sole aim is to show the paint at its best.

Ohh eck, getting confused now :S Baker 21, hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllpp!! :o

Very nice new motor to look forward to their Richie, very nice indeed, looks like another Briskoda Member has also been busy buying something similar so it might be worth a look here:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=200769

Taking into account a few comment's below I would offer the following advice:

Would depend on the state of paint work. What are you planning to use to remove the delivery film and glue?

This is key, you state the car has been a "sit in and have a play" showroom car, I would hazzard a guess it will be swirled as it will have been 'dusted' daily by showroom cleaners and I'd be shocked if there weren't any marks in the lacquer................. :S

Would suggest you use Snow Foam neat with some neat APC and ensure you careful with your claying or you will induce micro marring into the paintwork......... :thumbup:

If your not going to machine polish it then the second link as Z5 has a slight filling abllity.

If on the other hand you are machine polishing then Z2 but use it without polishing and it will show how flawed your paint is as its sole aim is to show the paint at its best.

Being a detailer himself, Grizzle knows what he is on about..................... B)

Z5 if you like acts like your AG SRP, it has micro abrasive's in it but also filler's to mask any swirling, Z2 is a pure sealant, it's job is to really look slick and shine on that lacquer so will show up anything that's underneath it very well............ :p

Any form of protection on the car is going to help but prepping the car from new is always a great time to get it right, machining isn't necessary on a brand new car all the time but I am yet to detail one that hasn't required it in one area or another, I guess it depends how 'perfect' you want the finish to be?

My head hurts now.... :@ lots to think about. Realy dont want to make a hash of it... :(

Think it will be a hand job ( :D ) but cant decide to use AG stuff or the Zaino kit.... I'm going for a lie down.... :smirk:

If I were you I'd get a pro in. For the sake of a couple of hundred notes surely its worth getting it done right? Unless of course you are confident of what you are doing.

Congrats on the purchase BTW, make sure you post up some pics when you get it :thumbup:

Ok, think I've got it sussed......... :wonder:

Body work :-

Snowfoam with some Megs APC

2 bucket method wash with AG shampoo

Micro fibre towel dry with Megs Speed detailer

2 coats of AG SRP by hand

(maybe 1 coat AG UDS :think: )

2 coats AG High Def Wax

AG tyre dressing

Seal alloys with AG alloy seal

Halfords glass cutting compound and rain repelant on wind screen

Zanio Z8 wipe down, gotta be done realy LOL :devil:

AG Bumper care for exteriour plastics

Cabin :-

Hoover

AG odour eliminator

AG glass polish

AG Vynal and rubber care for plastics, dash board etc

Futrure ideas......

Dress carpets, seats with Aerospace 303 fabric potector, 303 dressing for engine...... once order placed with elite car care this evening. Wait for weather to improve and then AG clay bar to remove crap from paint work (easter time maybe..) Full machine polish with AG machine polish / Menzerna (cant decide which at the moment) Some form of Zaino treatment :p

If all else fails, call Baker 21, LOL :giggle:

Edited by richie

No point in doing the SRP twice as it will remove previous coat. Also, you forgot the clay bar!!

Not required on a brand new car I'm informed by the resident detailing expert :yes:

Not required on a brand new car I'm informed by the resident detailing expert :yes:

I'd have to beg to differ, its not worth missing out that step in case you cause marring with the polish and other products. If your bothered with the cold just wax and do the prep in the spring. Golden rule is ITS ALL IN THE PREP!

I'd have to beg to differ, its not worth missing out that step in case you cause marring with the polish and other products. If your bothered with the cold just wax and do the prep in the spring. Golden rule is ITS ALL IN THE PREP!

I totaly agree. I'll see how the weather is tomorrow and Sunday as to how I get things going. It may be a sonwfoam, wash, wipe and wax depending on how things go..... :S

richie - Will you still be poking your nose up to amd on sunday then , if youre going to be car washing ?

btw- your sig says you have vRS cr TDi - did you offload the black petrol 1 ?

richie - Will you still be poking your nose up to amd on sunday then , if youre going to be car washing ?

btw- your sig says you have vRS cr TDi - did you offload the black petrol 1 ?

Maybe, like I say, see how things go. And yes, traded in the Mk1 about 2 years ago.... :smirk:

No point in doing the SRP twice as it will remove previous coat. Also, you forgot the clay bar!!

Just to be clear, not sure if this is referring to me but I never suggested missing out any of the highlighted stages................. :no:

Edited by Baker21

Opps, my mistake :yes:

Having collected the car yesterday, can't realy justify a detail just yet. By the time I do do it, it'll have a clay treatment anyway :smirk:

The temptation was toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great!!! Gave it a snow foam, wash ,wipe and some Zymol Z12 wax followed by a Zaino Z8 wipe down :rofl:

Had to realy, have driven 70 miles in the last 2 days......... 50 miles more than Mrs Stig :giggle:

Edited by richie