Superb needs a service

My 2009 Superb 1.8 TSi is on the variable service option.

As I do about 2500 miles a month of mostly motorway miles I had assumed that I would be looking at the longer service intervals. The first service was carried out at just under 18000 miles in September at my local dealer. Coming up to 26000 miles and today the MFD came up with 1100 miles to next service, which will be just 10000 miles after the last service.

Any body know how the car determines when it needs to be serviced?

Thanks

Justin.

it sounds like the last person who reset the service indicator has done it wrong and switched the car to a fixed 10k service regime. If your driving style has not changed, I would expect another 18K after the previous service.

it sounds like the last person who reset the service indicator has done it wrong and switched the car to a fixed 10k service regime. If your driving style has not changed, I would expect another 18K after the previous service.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC says "service due in 1100 miles or 230 days".....

My car is 10 1/2 months old. It had its first service at 18500miles. it's says it's second is due around the equivalent mileage. We'll see what changes after I tow 1.2tonnes for a thousand miles around Ireland this summer though.

Popped to the dealer today who confirmed it had been changed at the last service from variable to fixed. They changed it back to variable and I can now do another 6000 miles...

Is there any difference between oil for variable and fixed servicing? Sure my invoice last time suggested they used Longlife oil...

My 2009 Superb 1.8 TSi is on the variable service option.

As I do about 2500 miles a month of mostly motorway miles I had assumed that I would be looking at the longer service intervals. The first service was carried out at just under 18000 miles in September at my local dealer. Coming up to 26000 miles and today the MFD came up with 1100 miles to next service, which will be just 10000 miles after the last service.

Any body know how the car determines when it needs to be serviced?

Thanks

Justin.

I bought my 53 Superb Mk I at 18 months old with 23k miles and discovered it had also been serviced every 10k miles. When it asked for another service @ 30k miles I asked the dealer if this was correct and they confirmed that the car had been set to 10k mile services instead of variable. They stated that if the service reminder is reset by using the ignition key/trip button combination it would default to 10k servicing. They insisted I had a service at 30k but reset the service interval to variable. Next was after another 18K.

Edited by bigjohn

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my 53 Superb Mk I at 18 months old with 23k miles and discovered it had also been serviced every 10k miles. When it asked for another service @ 30k miles I asked the dealer if this was correct and they confirmed that the car had been set to 10k mile services instead of variable. They stated that if the service reminder is reset by using the ignition key/trip button combination it would default to 10k servicing. They insisted I had a service at 30k but reset the service interval to variable. Next was after another 18K.

I'm on my third Superb now and all of the previous ones had service intervals of 20,000 miles and seeing as the new one 60 plate, is essentially the same engine I can see no reason why the car should not be serviced at 20k intervals. I have not any engine problems at all with my earlier cars.