'Moaning' brakes in reverse - cured!

rsbspt

Had the 'Anti Squeal Kit' (part No 6X0698998) fitted to the rear brakes of my Furby vRS. Early days, but seems to have completely cured the groaning from the rear discs when in reverse. Nothing obvious from a cursory inspection to show exactly what the 'kit' consists of (I'm sure Ross will know).

A side effect is that handbrake travel has about halved (hope the brakes aren't binding!). Dealer said he 'hopes' to claim it under warranty - so do I, as the kit costs a staggering

Odd how i tried to order that part number today from Skoda and it come up with a brand inhibit and wouldnt let me get it.

Don't know why, when I tried out my motor at the dealers in between fixes (and robberies :mad: ) weekend before last they'd fitted this kit and it had cured the problem - I asked for the part numbers and this is the one they gave me - as posted here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/t20369-this-might-be-useful-to-some-of-you.html

Ross - would you be able to verify if these parts are being fitted to new deliveries? I'm thinking the March 05 drop in particular due to a large self-interest for me :rofl:

Generally do these improvements get incorporated in 'the next build series', or do these things get batched up to the next 'revamp' version?

:)

Generally do these improvements get incorporated in 'the next build series', or do these things get batched up to the next 'revamp' version?

From what i've noticed (Especially on New Octavia's) the cars are always being tweaked and modified. You've gotta keep a check on these things. One touch indicators on the fabia is a good example, they just came out of no-where, which is no bad thing.

Matt

I had mine 'clean/remove brake dust build up' (their notes on the job sheet) by the dealer about 6 months ago and it only did it once or twice in the time after that but recently nothing...

Interesting to see others say theirs have shut up as well...