Decisions!Decisions!

Hi All

Looking at a new Diesel Superb Elegance 170bhp, have I think convinced the rest of the familly, but we're at loggerheads on Combi or Hatch and colours.

Candy white is an option in both shapes, but have seen none in the flesh.

Black I think is now ruled out in the combi shape.

The Steel Grey was very nice in the combi.

Local dealer has a combi in Amethyst Purple metallic coming in this week so he will ring when it's in, he's pushing that as it's in stock.

Can anyone advise on extras,the MDI I thought was great, not sure about tinting the windows further, will order the detachable hitch for definite.

Any ideas or photos.

+1 for the SD card, I wanted USB as per previous car but SD works OK for me now and with the HDD in Columbus you can wave goodbye to all those CD's in the glovebox & door pockets

Edited by Tankdave

Hi All

Looking at a new Diesel Superb Elegance 170bhp, have I think convinced the rest of the familly, but we're at loggerheads on Combi or Hatch and colours.

Candy white is an option in both shapes, but have seen none in the flesh.

Black I think is now ruled out in the combi shape.

The Steel Grey was very nice in the combi.

Local dealer has a combi in Amethyst Purple metallic coming in this week so he will ring when it's in, he's pushing that as it's in stock.

Can anyone advise on extras,the MDI I thought was great, not sure about tinting the windows further, will order the detachable hitch for definite.

Any ideas or photos.

I used to have a blue Diesel Superb Elegance DSG 170bhp hatch with park assist, heated rear seats, sound, - traded in for 140 diesel Yeti elegance and now have taken delivery of 1.8TSI Elegance DSG combi

hope my comments help:

Decided on petrol rather than Diesel - I am doing less miles as I am now retired, at least 4p/litre difference in fuel costs and 1.8 engine is powerful and very quiet - mpg after 2 months - around town 35 longer journey 45

Steel grey with black leather was my combination - and really pleased with the result.

options after much consideration were:

Steel grey paint, raised boot floor ( easy for dog to jump in) - DSG super 7 speed and smooth, - full size spare wheel, - MDI for IPOD works very well with full control - sunset glass, - dealer fitted mud flaps

This is the best value for money car that you can buy - and even better with the new VAT deal on petrol Superbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I invested in a set of 16" wheels and winter tyres - they have been fantastic and I would not be without them during the winter.

Two months down the line my superb continues to impress just like my previous diesel version - buy the combi if you need lots of boot space as its large and flexible

On buying experience:

Found best price on Drive the Deal - my local Reading dealer then matched and improved on the price + gave me a great price for the YETI

Placed order - 18 weeks for delivery and Skoda UK gave me £150 M&S voucher for waiting so long

As usual dealer handover and support has been first class

Hope this helps

derfmac

Rosso Brunello is worth considering- twindoor looks classy as per front of Jan 11 Brochure, I also think colours like this tend to resist showing dirt.

Twindoor vs combi is personal choice as both have huge luggage capacity. In effect with Combi you pay £1000 for the space enclosed by the two rear side windows. Depending on engine choise their may also be a road tax and fuel penalty for combi

Whatever you order I am sure you will love it

Hi!

If you haven't seen this before: http://www.skoda-auto.cz/cze/model/superbcombi/gallery/colours_fleet/Pages/colours_fleet.aspx

For me, the best extras are:

* Xenon lights!

* DSG gearbox. It has it's downsides as well, but I don't regret this option.

* Webasto heater (not sure if its available for you in Ireland), but good in harsh Nordic winters.

* The parking sensors front and back, very useful for me. Park assist... well, watch out, it can put you in places where you don't really wanna be.

* Electric opening/closing of the boot door on my estate. No need to get dirty hands from touching the boot door. Really good. Only drawback:lorry-beeps when opening by the remote.

* I'm still not regret ordering felicity interior (with black boot)

/Superbjoser

Had mine since end of November & now at 6000 miles , a Mocca combi with Ivory leather, I didnt go for the sunset glass as I have had a full Limo tint on the rear windows, the car looks stunning but would go with the black interior if you have kids or dogs etc.

Extras I think are worth having, spare wheel, DSG box, heated washers, heated front screen and front sensors (it is a much longer car than the

mini emoticon-0100-smile.gif )

Its one hell of a car and what ever you go for I dont think you will regret it

In my opinion, white doesn't seem to suit the Superbs all that well. Seems such a big car and despite being very modern looking, the ones I've seen in white look rather Taxi-esque.

It would be black or grey for me. But each to their own!

Hi

Thanks to all for ideas, called to another dealer today and went with the

Skoda Superb Combi Elegance 170bhp Platin Grey with Beige Interior.

The SD comes as standard, so didn't go with the MDI.

Xenons, Sat Nav, parking assist, parking sensors all there as standard.

Hi

Only the rear sensors are standard and you only get a tempory inflation kit (Bottle of gunge) as standard spare wheel is an extra

I have a fitted Westfalia detachable tow bar with hidden electrics for half the money Skoda ask.

Phil

on the subject of tow bars, the dealer has quoted $2000 New Zealand Dollars (about 800 quid) for a genuine tow bar on mine. This appears to be extortionate to me. Of course they trot out the old "you risk voiding your warranty" line in relation to getting one fitted aftermarket.

The only question I have is what happens with the rear parking sensors when you're towing. Does the electric connection have to tell the system to deactivate the sensors?

Will probably get an aftermarket towbar fitted at around one quarter the cost.

Hi

Park Assist aint standard on elegance - rear parking sensors are tho.

Good choice for the Estate - it's a good looking car compared to the hatch (IMHO)

I like my MDI - but the money saving for just using the SD card is a real +

You'll Love the Xenon's - not so much that they bend, but the great quality of light that comes from them! - would be great if you could point them up slightly tho - seem to low for me...

Al.

Just had mine lowered Al.

I was blinding the owls in the tree tops!

Phil

I was getting contnually flashed, one trip 27 times in 10 miles, even though the lights seemed plenty low enough on the dip, mentioned it to dealer when car in for another add on. The tech must have adjusted them possibly right/left they are certainly not any lower, and they have also improved illumination on dip, on main they are now fantastic, better than the same lights on my last MkII. I have not been flashed once since, 90% of my driving is night time.

They are still perfect to see owls in the trees.

Changed the colour to Amethyst Purple,

Skoda Superb Combi Elegance 170bhp with Beige Interior.

Delivery in 9 days I'm told.

Hmm, thats sounds like a very tasteful combination. Like it! B) Do you intend to keep your current car? I do think that the Superb, no matter how much I like it, will be a step or two down when it comes to the driving experience.

/Superbjoser

Hmm, thats sounds like a very tasteful combination. Like it! B) Do you intend to keep your current car? I do think that the Superb, no matter how much I like it, will be a step or two down when it comes to the driving experience.

/Superbjoser

Trading in a BMW 530d which was Auto for the Superb manual. BMW was beautiful car but the road conditions with the bad Winter didn't do it any favours, buying Winter tyres with 135 k miles on the clock! I decided time to move it on.

Holding onto the BMW Mini Cooper S Works.

Trading in a BMW 530d which was Auto for the Superb manual. BMW was beautiful car but the road conditions with the bad Winter didn't do it any favours, buying Winter tyres with 135 k miles on the clock! I decided time to move it on.

Holding onto the BMW Mini Cooper S Works.

Then you have the best of two worlds, the comfy Superb during... bad weather and then the fast and fun Mini for good weather. Nice work! :thumbup:

Beige interior = leather interior?

/Superbjoser

Then you have the best of two worlds, the comfy Superb during... bad weather and then the fast and fun Mini for good weather. Nice work! :thumbup:

Beige interior = leather interior?

/Superbjoser

Beige interior = leather interior. YEP.

Collected the new machine today after only ordering on the 28th Jan.

Delighted so far, will be interested in the mpg.

Car came with the sunset tint which I didn't order but met the dealer half way with the cost, delighted it was on the car to be honest. Tried the park assist very good, will probably never use again though.Space in the back is frightening.

Elegance package is unreal, leather with heated seats front and back,biXeons (unreal), park assist, parking sensors front and back,satnav,DVD,Bluetooth,memoery seats.

Very impressive.