Few Piccies of My Fabia

I though I would share some piccies of my Fabia vRS, the stereo has been installed by Sonic Frontiers near Swansea South Wales. The sound is amazing and betters most home hifi setups (propper hifi by the likes of naim, cyrus etc). I am looking to get some subtle mods done to make it look a little more poised and refined. Anyway heres some pictures,

P1120025.jpg

P1120026.jpg

P1120028.jpg

Audiowave amplifiers: These are hand built in the UK to high end home hifi standards and run a 2.1 upfront system

P1120024.jpg

London Motor Museum - Sonic Frontiers Stand

71645_147741165269887_100001020122587_223953_6455314_n.jpg

38502_415121979557_99385529557_4320082_5937421_n.jpg

Stealth usable covers make the install practible also:

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

Access to a spare wheel too.

IMG_0708.jpg

Hope to get some mods done once my insurance is sorted, hopefully I will get to some shows this year.

Edited by pstar2002

that's awesome!

i am considering upgrading the sound system in mine and would also have to go down the stealth route.

is it a long and expensive job?

The kit chosen and the install methods increased the price of my install, however 2-3k will get you a build to the same standard, thats with all the equipment, installation, cables, soundproofing and setup, it also takes around 5 days. If interested drop me a PM, or phone Lee (www.sonicfrontiers.co.uk) top guy and knows his stuff.

Wow. I was expecting to see the usual (Have a look at my new cd player) thread.

Wasn't expecting that. Excellent mate, very neat. :thumbup:

Same here! That's quite something :) I was going to say I wouldn't want to lose my door pockets, but I never have anything in them anyway :D

That looks good, and I'm sure it will sound good as well. :thumbup:

I love the stealth look of your boot. However I'm not keen on those large speakers in the door piller, I'm sure it will block some of your vision, that's unless of course the pics show them larger than they really are. I am also surprised that you've only got speakers in the front, I would have expected some in a stealthy made parcel shelf as well.

Very nice but it will never be up to the standards of a home hifi system, especially the brands that you mention.

Sounds like a challenge ;) and your more than welcome to do so:

Review here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonic-Systems-The-Ultimate-Car-Hi-Fi-Experience/165578940138206?v=app_2373072738#!/topic.php?uid=165578940138206&topic=320

Test Rig:

166302_180580725304694_165578940138206_568507_7097892_n.jpg

As with all audio you need to hear it, but believe me it beats home kit (majority)

Also haven't you got a sub?

The sub is tucked up behind the dash, so the soundstage is right in front of you and on the dash of the car. Through the use of selcted crossover points on the speakers and time delay between drivers the experience is magical. Each speaker driver has its own amplification chanel.

When i saw ice in the title sub heading i thought oh no and imediatley thought of the recent thread about the car becoming a chav car

but i have to say it looks pretty decent love the stealth covers.

You'll need a remap now to pull all that extra weight though lol :giggle:

If you get a chance to take any better shots of where/how the sub is fitted I'd appreciate it. I was going to fabricate a round box which would sit in the large recess inside my spare wheel and take the jack etc out then put them in a bag. I want to get a sub in but not have it visible. Thought about the front but was of the opinion there wouldn't be room.

• Like 1

I love the stealth look of your boot. However I'm not keen on those large speakers in the door piller, I'm sure it will block some of your vision, that's unless of course the pics show them larger than they really are. I am also surprised that you've only got speakers in the front, I would have expected some in a stealthy made parcel shelf as well.

Parcel shelf is a poor place for speakers for sound quality. Plus if you sit in the front thats where the good speakers need to be. With a quality set of components up front adding speakers to the parcel shelf will just ruin the soundstage.

Lovely looking install, nice job.

The speakers in the A-pillars are tweeters, to be honest when driving you dont notice them so much as the picture sugests. With regards to speakers only in the front, ask yourself how you listen to music at a concert or on you home hifi? Also with speakers on / in the parcel shelf (and normally a subwoofer in the boot) consider the pressures and shared air volumes, of the drivers. I have been there before so can plead guilty but will never go back that way.

If you get a chance to take any better shots of where/how the sub is fitted I'd appreciate it. I was going to fabricate a round box which would sit in the large recess inside my spare wheel and take the jack etc out then put them in a bag. I want to get a sub in but not have it visible. Thought about the front but was of the opinion there wouldn't be room.

I have a picture of the internal of the box and thats about it. The box is mounted on the center column, and supported on blocks (secured). There is quite alot of space behind the dash and a 10" should fit in there at a squeeze.

That's a seriously impressive job, any pics of the fabrication/installation??

I will dig some out, the install itself is pretty simple, but the time spent on the finish has made it.

I will try and do some Briskoda meets as I doubt I will make many of the shows this year by the looks of things.

• 3 years later...