Snow Foaming

vRS Joe

Have you seen the new Maxifoam from Autobrite? Nice test of the stuff done by the Autobrite team in Stoke On Trent. I'm getting an Autobrite Lance and some Magifoam tomorrow and I'll post up some results and maybe a few shots. But I need to find some really dirty lanes to drive up first.

Rich

Interesting. Would be good to see a review once you've tried it :thumbup:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Would be good to see a review once you've tried it :thumbup:

+1 !

I'm nearly out of BH Autofoam, so looking to try something else, although i've been perfectly happy with the Autofoam so far.

Lasted me just over a year, and thats with 2 cars to do :)

Tried it yesterday - worked well on my Octy, but that was reasonably clean and has only just been sealed with Opti-Seal - So I guess that water would have done just as well. I tried it on the wifes Fiesta which was filthy with no paint protection/wax left on. It seemed to lift much of the dirt and after I'd washed BOTH cars with the two bucket method the rinse water was pretty clean - much cleaner than I'd expect from just one car never mind two.

Now, I didn't leave it to dwell much as there was a breeze that seemed to start drying the foam on the car - and I hadn't got the mix right on the lance as It's new, it came out a bit watery (got it better on my car as that was done 2nd). I only left it for about 5 mins and it seemed to do a good job. I'll be interested to see just how well it works when I leave it to dwell for 20 to 30 mins.

All in all I'm pleased with this, very pleased - but this is the first Snow Foam product I've ever used so I have nothing to compare it with.

The Autobrite Test on Mark's 535 (link above) produced excellent results and is what swayed me.

Rich

You don't want to leave it for 20-30 mins.

5mins is about right, after that it will start to dry, and I'd suggest that if it is still dwelling on the paint after 10 mins or so then it's far too thick. It' needs to move across the paint to remove the dirt so it shouldn't dwell for too long.

You don't want to leave it for 20-30 mins.

5mins is about right, after that it will start to dry, and I'd suggest that if it is still dwelling on the paint after 10 mins or so then it's far too thick. It' needs to move across the paint to remove the dirt so it shouldn't dwell for too long.

This is Autobrite Magifoam I'm talking about - it's designed to dwell for ages and the recommended time is anything upto 30mins. And yes, it's thick and designed to be that way.