HDMI Digital Handshakes

Royston

I had my BluRay player HDMI out connected to my AV amp HDMI in, then another HDMI from the amp to the TV.

I borrowed the HDMI cable that was betwixt the amp and the TV to check the PS3 was working OK upstairs on the new TV.

I've now plugged the Same HDMI cable back into the slots that it was originally plugged into on the TV and the Amp, but can't get a signal.

I've tried unplugging it, switching everything off then plugging it back in and switching the three appliances on in various sequences but to no avail. I know that HDMI works from these digital handshake efforts, but do you know of the correct sequence to get the AV equipment to work again?

sounds like a dodgy cable/bad connection or at a push a firmware issue.

i know my (onkyo) amp has issues with the hdmi on my eggbox.. have to make sure the amp is turned on before the eggbox, otherwise it defaults to PCM instead of DD5.1