Sitting At Work, But...

... all I really want to do is be outside in my Yeti driving it! Wonder if anyone has visited a sofa and discussed such a "problem" with a wise one that knows things about a man's mind! :giggle:

I've never felt like this about any other car! Oh dear.

Johann - I trust that since your post, you have returned home and scratched that itch (itched that scratch?)... I must say that I felt the need to sit in the SM after work today. Sad? Nah - just part of being a Yeti owner! :D

:)

I'm a bit obsessed about keeping my SM gleaming clean (sad!) Can't say that I've had the 'must sit in it feeling for a while' but then I had an almost new Seat Ibiza as a courtesy car last week. Oh, how wonderful it was to get back in the Yeti at the end of the day!!!! It reawakened the many reasons why I chose the Monster in the first place - particularly as last Thursday marked the first time I had a pretty near-perfect SM after 3 months of hassle with SkodaFR from new.

Edited by allena

I must say I'm not obsessed with keeping my SM clean - see some of the photos of Elsie for evidence of thatemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

It is great though that I get paid for driving her - by that I mean I have to drive her to go and see clients all over south London and occasionally outside the M25.

I had a Roomster 1.2Tsi 85bhp for one night. Couldn't wait to get Elsie back.....It just feels right...everything where it should be...comfortable...able to land my non existent helicopter on the roof whilst eating an ice cream driving through a burring building....emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Elsie is the best vehicle I have ever owned.....no.....driven.

Mike

@ rockhopper: Ever had any firemen use it in your client's car parks, by any chance? :giggle:

Not yet, but there is always a first time emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

PS I'm just as sad, My desktop is a pic of Elsie in the snow at dusk, and the screensaver are more pictures.....of Elsie

Mike

I know what you mean. I want to go and play with the maxidot, now somebody on another thread has told me about some adjustments I didn't realise I could make. Unfortunately I'm working at home today, and my wife has taken the Yeti to work with her! I'm counting the days to a ski holiday in a few weeks, and I'm as excited about driving the Yeti from home via the Hull-Rotterdam ferry and down to the Alps as I am about the skiing itself! How sad am I? :S

Cripes.. I get stirrings about my Caterham(especially after 3 months overwintering) but the last cars that did that were my Clan Crusader, 2CV6, 1300Ti Alfasud and Uno Turbo.And those were a looong time ago. Hope my Yeti can do the same but err ..not holding my breath.

Cripes.. I get stirrings about my Caterham(especially after 3 months overwintering) but the last cars that did that were my Clan Crusader, 2CV6, 1300Ti Alfasud and Uno Turbo.And those were a looong time ago. Hope my Yeti can do the same but err ..not holding my breath.

Hey I had a couple of Uno Turbos; over 20 years ago now. Much underrated ... wickedly quick. I've also had two Golf GTI (one a 16V) and a Golf VR6. I've got a V8 MGB in the garage (summer toy). The Yeti gives me just as much of a buzz as any of those!

so it seems i'm not alone then??

after a hard day at work it's soooo nice to press that button on the remote, open the door and climb into the yeti.

close the door with that reassuring 'clunk' a n d r e l a x.............

peace and quiet at last.

turn the key and enjoy a calm, smooth drive home.

i may be going a bit too far here, but it's almost, i say almost, as good as sex!

so it seems i'm not alone then??

after a hard day at work it's soooo nice to press that button on the remote, open the door and climb into the yeti.

close the door with that reassuring 'clunk' a n d r e l a x.............

peace and quiet at last.

turn the key and enjoy a calm, smooth drive home.

i may be going a bit too far here, but it's almost, i say almost, as good as sex!

I am reminded of a days skiing some years ago with a French mountain guide. One of his female clients set off down a steep and deep powder field and shouted back 'It's better than sex.' The guide responded 'Pah, she az never slept with a Frenchman!'.