12V Accessory Socket

LGM & Gumby, you blokes are the best....... I did it! I like the little tweezer tool in the fuse box cover......If I had known that was there I would have used it to get the usb part out of the socket in the first place. New fuse is in and working. It was number 47 and blue which is a 15 amp. I also consulted the owners manual after I read your post, which mentioned that little tweezer tool and provides a list of the fuses and what they correpond to. Relieved and happy, many thanks :-)

• Like 2

I've got a small USB socket in my 12v socket, no LED. Never unplug it, you won't even trouble a car battery with that, even with the LED.

They won't have a transformer in them, that only works with AC. It will just be a simple voltage step circuit (a couple of resistors basically). So it shouldn't consume any power when nothing is plugged into it emoticon-0100-smile.gif

It will not be 'a couple of resistors'it will be a purpose built voltage regulator integrated circuit,12v in 5v out. Using resistors the output voltage will vary according to the load. The regulator circuit will take a very small amount of current,even when there is no load.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick question, is there only the one 12v socket in the Fabia? I've had a quick look around the boot area and can't see a second one?

I thought I'd seen one before but maybe I'm thinking of a previous car . . .

Thank you