Winter Wheels Removed

Too early,

Winter tyres help in cold weather not just snow, so with temps expected to drop again next week with chances of overnight ice/frost expect to be sliding everywhere again.

Jan and Feb are typically the coldest months of the year, in previous years late march has been the time to remove winter tyres.

Its only Feb! More snow to come i reckon.

Car only gets used twice a week (with a total milage of 50 miles a week) and it stays in garage if we get anymore snow as we use wifes fabia vrs which has still got winters fitted. :thumbup:

Edited by sherlocks VRS

Too early,

Winter tyres help in cold weather not just snow, so with temps expected to drop again next week with chances of overnight ice/frost expect to be sliding everywhere again.

Jan and Feb are typically the coldest months of the year, in previous years late march has been the time to remove winter tyres.

Yeah i'm leaving it as long as possible - saves wear on my 18inch Conti's then!!

If you only use twice a week then fair enough!

Still snow on the hills here. Will prolly wait 'til mid-March when average temp >+7° and further snow is highly unlikely.

Just watched the Countryfile forcast and it would seem a little early to be taking winter tyres off just yet. More snow this week and next week looks like a possability of a Scandanavian high pushing its way in. Half term skiing in Scotland here we come. :thumbup: More Scout action! Love it.

• 4 weeks later...

Took off the winter wheels on Monday, because it's been relatively tropical for a while :D, but this week I've noticed a big difference in the car.

Apart from the firmer ride (back on 18" wheels) and the holes feeling deeper, there is a noticable lack of grip fom the tyres.

I should have known changing back would make the weather turn worse! This morning the winter wheels are back on (snow is starting to lie), and they'll be staying on until April.