Mornington Crescent

alannfrost

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FellyMagic, are you at Kew Bridge or Kew Gardens? If it's Kew Gardens, I can't help you because I can't go Sarf of the river after 1Pm on a Thursday! If it's Kew Bridge, then I can play Green Park, which should flip your signal.

It's all gone horribly wrong here, I seem to be in Manchester??????????

Can I play the Wothington Gambit and rejoin at Cockfosters? Or would I be also in Nid?

Sorry to hijack this post ... but Amanda I need your support in the chat room

Are there any conditions barring people from Playing this? Like if you are the grand negus of Theydon Bois, or the super tramp of Bond St or if you work for the owners of said station that this game takes its name from?

Also if Whitefriars is allowed, under the **** Van Dyke imaginary cockney side rule I claim....

Walford East

Under the premise that if it has been on telly then it must be real

Well, from Manchester, I'd have played a reverse Stovold gambit, and come in at Piccadilly. Still, I'm not in Manchester, so that's academic.

Given what everyone else seems to be up to, I actually want to make a cover drive to Colindale, which will put Dina in Nid I'm afraid, even though I'm not sure she's actually playing!

Well, from Manchester, I'd have played a reverse Stovold gambit, and come in at Piccadilly. Still, I'm not in Manchester, so that's academic.

Given what everyone else seems to be up to, I actually want to make a cover drive to Colindale, which will put Dina in Nid I'm afraid, even though I'm not sure she's actually playing!

Not to worry, my Gambit payed off, although I over shot Cockfosters slightly and am at Heathrow 5. I therefore invoke the Kasperov defence and shuttle diagonally to Wapping. I think the more advanced players will appreciate this classic move and it has the benefit of releasing Dina from Nid if she throws a double 6.

That is very sneaky & underhand of you Amanda...But if Dina is in the Nidd, that means she is stuck somewhere near Harrogate up to her ankles in water...:) (River Nidd). Not only will she need at least 2 double sixes in a row, she will need a get out of jail free card, and a triple word score!

I'm going to use a rare move here..The Lyttelton Tribute Gambit, where I get totally lost and confused, and end up shooting out of Cockfosters, and end coming out of The Arsenal...

It's Friday afternoon, so I can go Sarf of the river, and I need to open my minor diagonals or leave myself vulnerable to being Tunnelled from behind, so I'll play a Petrossian reverse, which will let me go to Bank by way of Green Park and Stockwell, and will get Dina back out of Nid, even it it does leave her Dagenham East, .

Waterloo..Argh..You've set Colin Sell off playing that song (badly) on the piano. Miss 2 turns whilst you pin Colin to the floor and fasten his wrists together with duct tape.

And thanks to that novice move I'm now on the Northern line, which means I'm on my way to...You've guessed it...Muahahahaha

:devil:

Mornington Crescent..

2-0!!!

Waterloo..Argh..You've set Colin Sell off playing that song (badly) on the piano. Miss 2 turns whilst you pin Colin to the floor and fasten his wrists together with duct tape.

And thanks to that novice move I'm now on the Northern line, which means I'm on my way to...You've guessed it...Muahahahaha

:devil:

Mornington Crescent..

2-0!!!

I think we might need a recount, as you performed a triple Hufflinger move in conjunction with a double salko. I think this breaks with the Bank Holiday referendum of '54. Any adjudicators?

I don't see how you can play Grange Hill to Mornington Crescent in one turn.

1) You're away out in Zone 6.

2) The only connection between the Central and Northern lines that you could use is at TCR, and any move that requires you to change trains at TCR is deemed to end there due to the size of the station.

3) I'm not even certain that Grange Hill is open on Sundays! For sure there isn't a 2-way service on the Hainault loop on Sundays.

On that basis, since FellyMagic has attempted to win with an illegal move, he should have to miss 3.7 turns, is in both Nip and Nid, and will be Tunnelled between Farrington and Barbican until after the Morning rush hour on Tuesday, unless he can come up with something radical.

All of which leaves me free to perform a bump draft to Queen's Park.

I don't see how you can play Grange Hill to Mornington Crescent in one turn.

1) You're away out in Zone 6.

2) The only connection between the Central and Northern lines that you could use is at TCR, and any move that requires you to change trains at TCR is deemed to end there due to the size of the station.

3) I'm not even certain that Grange Hill is open on Sundays! For sure there isn't a 2-way service on the Hainault loop on Sundays.

On that basis, since FellyMagic has attempted to win with an illegal move, he should have to miss 3.7 turns, is in both Nip and Nid, and will be Tunnelled between Farrington and Barbican until after the Morning rush hour on Tuesday, unless he can come up with something radical.

All of which leaves me free to perform a bump draft to Queen's Park.

Nice move :thumbup:

I therefore play my Oyster Card and jump 8 hours of platform waiting to use Marble Arch. This also has the benifit of giving me 75% of a 'Get out of Nid' card