Checked this evening, Its almost on the cargo ship 28/03/11

w4rn3r

I think when it arrives at the german port it may hit a black hole, as it then depends how long to fill the ship and when the ship sails.Unless it give the ships name then can be tracked to the UK port .

http://www.marinetra...spx?port_id=175

Someone said on here that skoda use cargo ships with the word highway in thier name, ive been looking and theres a lot of ships with highway in the names but it does cut down the search dramatically

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said on here that skoda use cargo ships with the word highway in thier name, ive been looking and theres a lot of ships with highway in the names but it does cut down the search dramatically

look at the port list and see which ships are due in. when the ship has docked click on it and it will give the next port of call you need the name ------ highway (not a ship spotter honest well not until mine is on its way :giggle: )

look at the port list and see which ships are due in. when the ship has docked click on it and it will give the next port of call you need the name ------ highway (not a ship spotter honest well not until mine is on its way :giggle: )

Theres a seven seas highway which has been moored off the german coast since this morning, its now heading into EMDEN docks.

My car was in transit from 2/3/11 and by tracking ships in/out of Grimsby(yes I know its sad!) I think my car arrived on the Weser Highway on 19/2/11.Dealer today thinks it is at Grimsby along with many other Skodas.

I think your car will be shipped by Weser Highway or Main Highway.

My car was in transit from 2/3/11 and by tracking ships in/out of Grimsby(yes I know its sad!) I think my car arrived on the Weser Highway on 19/2/11.Dealer today thinks it is at Grimsby along with many other Skodas.

Mike,

out of curiosity, what build week were you given?

My 1.2 TSi S was ordered 23rd Dec 2010, and was supposedly a week 10 build. My dealer phoned me a week before and told me the system still said week 10. So I'm assuming that my car was built a couple of weeks ago. Just trying to figure out whether my car might be at Grimsby or still in transit if at all?

Mike,

out of curiosity, what build week were you given?

My 1.2 TSi S was ordered 23rd Dec 2010, and was supposedly a week 10 build. My dealer phoned me a week before and told me the system still said week 10. So I'm assuming that my car was built a couple of weeks ago. Just trying to figure out whether my car might be at Grimsby or still in transit if at all?

Mine was ordered 31st Dec 2010.Final config to dealer on 9/1/11 added park assist,silver rails,annapurnas and final paint colour,rosso brunello,given week 9 build.Car was built week 9.Moving on from build week is Car in transit.Then go ship watching,no need for binoculars!

I think your car will be shipped by Weser Highway or Main Highway.

weser highway is pulling into Emden docks now ;)

Just checked on track my skoda for the third time today, first two times no change still unconfirmed, third time checked at 10am, and its finally confirmed yay :)

TMSstage2_renamed_7578.jpg

Who's a lucky boy then :giggle:

stouff and mike 111, what build week were you both given?, im interested to know the time from the build week to grimby dockside.

My previous SM took just over two weeks to reach Grimsby and three weeks exactly to arrive at the dealer, with collection 2 days later. Whereas my wifes Fabia was on the drive within 2 weeks of build. Very much a lottery.

TP

stouff and mike 111, what build week were you both given?, im interested to know the time from the build week to grimby dockside.

Hey w4rn3r, I was build week 10. Aqua Blue 1.2 TSi S with no factory fitted options ordered on 23rd December 2010. The car is arriving at the dealership on Monday, and I'm picking it up on Wednesday afternoon. Can't wait!!!

Edited by Stouff

Hey w4rn3r, I was build week 9. Aqua Blue 1.2 TSi S with no factory fitted options ordered on 23rd December 2010. The car is arriving at the dealership on Monday, and I'm picking it up on Wednesday afternoon. Can't wait!!!

so on the info you've given me i still have around a 2 week wait for it to arrive at my dealers.

so on the info you've given me i still have around a 2 week wait for it to arrive at my dealers.

w4rn3r, I just re-read my post and realised I typed week 9 instead of week 10! I'm a lying hound, and I was clearly over excited! Sorry for misleading you. You were a week 12 build, weren't you? I thought this was week 12, so if your car is already in transit, then it's ahead of schedule is it not? You may find you get it quicker than you thought. My dealer told me mine wouldn't arrive before April from a week 10 build, so I'm pleasantly surprised, and pleased as my car hadn't depreciated a penny from it's December valuation!!

w4rn3r, I just re-read my post and realised I typed week 9 instead of week 10! I'm a lying hound, and I was clearly over excited! Sorry for misleading you. You were a week 12 build, weren't you? I thought this was week 12, so if your car is already in transit, then it's ahead of schedule is it not? You may find you get it quicker than you thought. My dealer told me mine wouldn't arrive before April from a week 10 build, so I'm pleasantly surprised, and pleased as my car hadn't depreciated a penny from it's December valuation!!

Nice thanks for that update, its knocked a week off my expectations hee hee. yes i got confirmed build week 12, then on tuesday of this week it said in transit to germany port. my dealer phoned me yesterday this is roughly how our conversation went

Dealer "hello is that Mr ****** "

me "yes"

D "Its bickerton skoda here, and i have some fabulous news for you"

Me " Really what?"

D "your cars been built and its currently in transit to emden , thats a port in germany"

Me "thanks for that but i already know this, i've been tracking my car on the website, aswell as tracking the cargo ships in and out of emden and grimsby"

D " Oh, your well clued up arnt you? "

Me "can i ask you a quick question? "

D "ofcourse"

Me " I've been in email contact with skoda uk asking them about the amount of waiting time I've had to endure, as you do, and they have told me about skoda's good will gestures that are triggered on weeks 18 and 25 of waiting for the car, do you know what they are and when i would get them?"

D " erm I'll have to ask for you because thats not something i deal with, but i will ask questions and get back to you on it"

Me " right ok, its just i've heard its a payment of £150 each time which can be used on accessories or in M&S vouchers "

D " oh ok i'll ask for you"

Me " am i able to choose my reg number from a pool of numbers the dealer has?"

D " no im afraid the reg numbers are pre assigned by skoda "

(im sure someone on here said they had been to the dealers to choose thier reg number last week.)

anyway i think he was pretty glad to put the phone down after chatting to me, lol i even told him the names of the cargo ships it should arrive on, OMG have i become a statto, lol

(im sure someone on here said they had been to the dealers to choose thier reg number last week.)

w4rn3r, I had been pre-assigned a reg no when I got to the dealership, and to be honest, I wasn't enamoured with it, so I asked if I could choose one, as this is the practice I'm accustomed to in other purchases I've made. The salesman disappeared and came back with a wee black book full of reg numbers. I chose one I was happier with and that was that. I would definately query that with them. It probably causes them hassle if they've pre-printed paperwork or whatever, but they shouldn't refuse to change it on that basis. That's just laziness!

Nice thanks for that update, its knocked a week off my expectations hee hee. yes i got confirmed build week 12, then on tuesday of this week it said in transit to germany port. my dealer phoned me yesterday this is roughly how our conversation went

Dealer "hello is that Mr ****** "

me "yes"

D "Its bickerton skoda here, and i have some fabulous news for you"

Me " Really what?"

D "your cars been built and its currently in transit to emden , thats a port in germany"

Me "thanks for that but i already know this, i've been tracking my car on the website, aswell as tracking the cargo ships in and out of emden and grimsby"

D " Oh, your well clued up arnt you? "

Me "can i ask you a quick question? "

D "ofcourse"

Me " I've been in email contact with skoda uk asking them about the amount of waiting time I've had to endure, as you do, and they have told me about skoda's good will gestures that are triggered on weeks 18 and 25 of waiting for the car, do you know what they are and when i would get them?"

D " erm I'll have to ask for you because thats not something i deal with, but i will ask questions and get back to you on it"

Me " right ok, its just i've heard its a payment of £150 each time which can be used on accessories or in M&S vouchers "

D " oh ok i'll ask for you"

anyway i think he was pretty glad to put the phone down after chatting to me, lol i even told him the names of the cargo ships it should arrive on, OMG have i become a statto, lol

Love it, although you should be done for cruelty to a 'sales executive' :giggle:

Mine was build week 9, collect car next wednesday- week 13.

w4rn3r, I had been pre-assigned a reg no when I got to the dealership, and to be honest, I wasn't enamoured with it, so I asked if I could choose one, as this is the practice I'm accustomed to in other purchases I've made. The salesman disappeared and came back with a wee black book full of reg numbers. I chose one I was happier with and that was that. I would definately query that with them. It probably causes them hassle if they've pre-printed paperwork or whatever, but they shouldn't refuse to change it on that basis. That's just laziness!

My dealer had a book with about 10 numbers to chose from,nothing special listed,but nice to be given a choice.

Yes it is up to the dealer to assign a reg number, not Skoda as the reg number is related to the area of registration, i.e. where the dealer is located. You should be able to ask the dealer to be able to choose which number from their book of pre assigned numbers.

Ian