VRS springs in an Elegance

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't see anything.

Do the springs from a TDi VRS fit in a TDi Elegance? Are the VRS 10/15mm lower?

I'm imagining that the sport pack springs are impossible to find. Are they 30mm or just the same?

I'm imagining that the sport pack springs are impossible to find. Are they 30mm or just the same?

The Sport pack on the non vrs models consists of lowered springs only and at some point were supplied by eibach. I believe the dampers on the vrs are also different so your probably best of getting some eibach springs and enjoy a better stance than the vrs :)

I see Eibach springs are only £140 odd anyway and lower by 30mm, so I'll probably just go down that route.

It seems to be the same fitment for 1.6, 2.0, 1.9TDi and 2.0TDi too.

The sports suspension option drops the Elegance by 13mm

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not convinced my suspension is much lower than standard- no details in brchure AFAIK. Interested in the definitive answer.

If you find someone with a vrs who's upgrading the suspension they you may get a set of springs+dampers for a very good price.

I sold my OE vrs springs and dampers with only 400 miles on them - only got 200 quid IIRC.. I hindsight i probably should have kept them ..

:D

Is that a typo or is it really 13mm? Octavia's with the Sports pack look lower than equivalent VRS's.

No typo, definitely 13mm for the sports suspension but can't remember where I saw it.

If you look in the Octavia brochure Measurements and Weights, Ground clearance (mm)

Standard - 140mm

vRS - 127mm

GreenLine 125mm

So the vRS is also just 13mm lower than standard

Edit:

Just looked at ground clearance in the users manual! I was wrong with the 13mm.

Standard is 140mm

Sports pack is 125mm same as the GreenLine

vRS - 127mm

So an Elegance with Sports pack is in fact 15mm lowered = 2mm lower than a standard vRS

EDit again:

A look at the overall height makes the picture confusing!

Standard - 1462mm

Sports pack - 1449mm

vRS - 1447mm

My original 13mm difference and making the vRS 2mm lower than the Sports pack

Must be extra dangly bit reducing ground clearance under the sports pack that the vRS doesn't have.

So Sports pack is 13mm lower than standard

vRS is 15mm lower than standard

Any advance....

Edited by eccleshill

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, 55mm isn't unique to the vRS. Mine are the same strut diameter. You need to check your build sticker, there is a way of telling from that. But I think it goes that the 2.0 TDI/petrol cars got 55s, and the lower-powered 1.4/1.6/1.9TDI got the 50mm.

On the original question, first thing to check is the axle load weight. This is on a sticker on the passenger door slam panel. Both vRS 2.0T and TDI are 1100Kg per axle IIRC. So check this against your car. You don't say which engine your Elegance has, and your car profile info certainly isn't any help ;)

I have a set of the sport springs from my 2.0 TDI Elegance with sport pack. Id be prepared to sell for a good price, let me know if you are interested.

I have a set of the sport springs from my 2.0 TDI Elegance with sport pack. Id be prepared to sell for a good price, let me know if you are interested.

It a 1.9 sadly so by the sounds of it they won't fit.

if you have a TDi elegance, then you must get TDi vRS springs, the petrol engined vRS is much lighter at the front so if you fitted vRS petrol springs to a diesel the ride height at the front will be all wrong as will the handling.

If you find someone with a vrs who's upgrading the suspension they you may get a set of springs+dampers for a very good price.

I sold my OE vrs springs and dampers with only 400 miles on them - only got 200 quid IIRC.. I hindsight i probably should have kept them ..

No, no, I'm glad you sold them to me! I've put these dampers on a 08 plate L & K estate with the Skoda sports suspension kit and the top of the rear wheel is almost into the wheel arch. It looks proper slammed!

I'll post up a pick when I get a mo.

Definitley worth doing, I'd recommend it to anyone as it gets rid of the floaty feel on the motorway.

Now, all I need is a set of 18inch rims..............

Anyone!?

Im curently half way through changing my 09 plate vRS estate petrol springs (done only 10k) for Eibach ones so will be getting rid of mine. Have to check the strut diameter though.

Edited by dainott

No, no, I'm glad you sold them to me! I've put these dampers on a 08 plate L & K estate with the Skoda sports suspension kit and the top of the rear wheel is almost into the wheel arch. It looks proper slammed!

I'll post up a pick when I get a mo.

Definitley worth doing, I'd recommend it to anyone as it gets rid of the floaty feel on the motorway.

Ha ha..! Good to see you on the forum, and I'm glad to hear my old dampers are on your car working well :thumbup:

Yes, we need pics.

As the VRS shocks won't fit I'm going to opt for a set of Bilsteins as I had them many moons ago in a Bora.

I'm not keen on going as low as 30mm due to the roads I drive on with work, so am I right in thinking the tdi VRS springs will fit in a 50mm shock ok, it's just obviously the 55mm shock itself that won't fit?