ROS53Y's Progress Thread Vrs 891

Hi guys, Been thinking its about time for my progress thread so this is it. I welcome any suggestions and all oppinions about my car. I've had the car around 5 months now and heres the story.

I bought the Fabia Vrs SE891 from a old man up in yorkshire for just shy of £8000 with just 24000 miles on the clock and Full Skoda history. The car was completely standard and looked a little like this. (minus the private plates)

fab_1.png

My first mod's are a must on any Fabia Vrs in my opinion one is a Leon Cupra R splitter £28 and the other is 6000k HID's, Looks a little like that.

fab_3.png

Next mod was the wheels. The standard wheels look so small on the Vrs, especially how high the car sits so I went and purchased these Audi S3 wheels for £180 minus the tyres. Refurbed in dark bronze £100 + paint and wrapped in Goodyear's £190.

jbd.png

hbth.png

Whilst the wheels were being painted I bought and had this painted.

Strut brace

76018_10150306251365581_599275580_15710249_21415.jpg

For the ICE I got a cheapo subwoofer and amp and this JVC double din dvd head unit.

72086_10150331409155581_599275580_16108341_30919.jpg

I bought some reflective rim tape and the Vrs centers from ebay for silly money and this is how they look.

uhbv.png

My next mod was quite a big one. Coilovers! Weitec heicon GT bought from AwsomeGTI for around £450 and I was really impressed.

hvdlow.png

briskkk.png

My next mission was to make everything a little darker, so I went onto ebay.COM- america and bought some headlight tint for around £30 for a meter square.

This is what it looks like on.

tintyyy.png

And the fog lights.

looow.png

And the rear lights.

bhtng.png

Another silly mod - 36283_10150350787760581_599275580_16475916_66571.jpg

I know somebody with a R32 steeing wheel in his golf so I decided I had to get one but with a little twist. MK4 R32 DSG steering wheel one of 200 made in america $400- around £250 (never mind the carbon wrap)

jhbfs.png

Shortly after the steeing wheel I purchased a SeatSport Fmic and all appriopriate pipe work and Egr delete valve.

168035_150870878301968_130614396994283_239099_16.jpg

168580_10150383249635581_599275580_17061035_2887.jpg

I had this all fitted by Ali at unit 18 along with a remap. I was really pleased with the outcome. My favourite bit about the remap was that the power went all the way to 5000 revs where as before there was no 'gain' by taking it past 4000rpm.

A few days ago from today I had my roof and door pillars wrapped in black. Really pleased with how it looks. £120. 182289_10150401880815581_599275580_17337928_1685.jpg

As my car sits now it is on 35000 miles and the turbo has just poped its clogs :dull: and im awaiting my winning lottery ticket to fund the new hybrid turbo I have plans for. I also have a Jabba rear anti roll bar and complete straight through exhaust but have no pictures to show unfortunatly. I am currently waiting for my Forge rear strut brace too :smirk:

I plan to have my chrome grille colour coded and have a better exhaust system made up as the current one isnt making a great sound. I also plan on getting a uprated sachs clutch when I can afford it. I'm sure there is many more mod's Im planning on doing but I cant think of them off the top of my head. I hope you like what you see and I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

Ross.

Edited by ROS53Y

Nice mate :)

Like the tints, looks very mean!

Got to get a private plate for mine this summer.

Shame about the turbo - read it in another thread. You tried Skoda Good Will? Worth a shot.

Alloys look more grey than brozne? :p

You tried Skoda Good Will? Worth a shot.

Never herd of such a thing. Care to explain?

wasnt keen on the blue rim tape but its growing on me!

I was at first but now I want rid of it. If I peel it, the paint comes with it! :doh:

Pop into your local dealer, tell them the car is not long out of warranty and you'd like to appeal for a good will gesture (Skoda pay towards new turbo or fitting) as its 07 plate with 35k miles. Worked with my console bushes and clutch when it went at 29k due to previous female driver!

Either that or get hold of Watchdog or customer services.

Edited by Ad Lav

Good thread Ross :thumbup:

The first pic looks really odd - it's weird seeing your car standard :D

Black roof looks good too - unfortunately, i think that i'll be copying you on that one soon ;)

Hope that you sort out your turbo woes - it's defo worth a shot with Skoda....

Needs 312's!:thumbup:

Doubt very much Skoda will entertain you due to the remap!:thumbdown:

OOH that reminds me, I hope to get porsche breaks soon with 2 piece discs.

Always nice to see modifications by a fellow SE owner B)

Thanks pall B)

just dont tell em it was mapped lol, should get good will on it, looking good mate yet to see it in the flesh

Gonna go hybrid anyway! I just missed you at seatcupra.net's rolling road day! I can only dream of a exhaust note like yours :D

click multi quote on each post then fast reply

The car looks sweet! Great work. Shame about the turbo

Thanks dude! Its kind of a shame but creates room for improvement at the same time :thumbup:

Edited by ROS53Y

OOH that reminds me, I hope to get porsche breaks soon with 2 piece discs.

Thanks pall B)

Gonna go hybrid anyway! I just missed you at seatcupra.net's rolling road day! I can only dream of a exhaust note like yours :D

i dont think anyone else has my combination lol

Edited by TrevorB33

About time you started a thread, lol.

Looking really nice, and the black roof and door pillars I had planned before even knowing you had done it, so it looks like I'll be copying you soon as well :giggle:

Keep us updated with the turbo scenario :thumbup:

Go pink on the roof B)

May clash with the black fog surrounds :giggle:

Go all out pink! somebodys gotta do it. Although black will look better on the roof. What about the door pillars?

Go pink on the roof B)

I think that may be a little bit too much pink then, lol

Of course :smirk: You think when I get hybrid ill be able to keep quiet? No way!

I'll be the same if I ever upgrade my turbo!

May clash with the black fog surrounds :giggle:

Go all out pink! somebodys gotta do it. Although black will look better on the roof. What about the door pillars?

I'm liking the whole pink, black an blue theme though (just not too much pink, lol) :thumbup:

Looking good dude, i have my PD150 waiting ready to go on, just wondering if shes going on in original form or as a hybrid lol, still on original clutch at 103k though and i have no front mount so this is my dilema, anyway back to your car, looking great :thumbup:

Elliott