ROS53Y's Progress Thread Vrs 891

The FMIC looks mint if i ever get one i think i might have to do the wide mouth mod?

Love the black roof too!

i wonder if my black car could pull a white roof off.... :smirk:

I think the intercooler sits too far in from the bumper to pull it off. About the roof... Try it? if you dont like it, rip it off.

I think the intercooler sits too far in from the bumper to pull it off. About the roof... Try it? if you dont like it, rip it off.

thats a very good point not sure if i dare do it though

The FMIC looks mint if i ever get one i think i might have to do the wide mouth mod?

Love the black roof too!

i wonder if my black car could pull a white roof off.... :smirk:

I Reckon with white wheels you could be onto a winner :yes:

Any plans for the flappy paddles yet.. What you going to link them up to??

Marc

To be honest mark I think its going to be more hastle than its worth to do anything with.

The dark wheels suit it really well but the blue rim doesn't look right IMO

Thats cool, beein thinking of having them re done without the tape.

really nice looking fabia you have there :thumbup:

how many bhp's are you aiming for?

As many as I can get. When I get the new turbo i'd expect around 200hp with just under 300ft/lb torque. When I get a better clutch then im hoping to run 240 with 300 or more. (around the same as xaosx)

Looking at this again I'm not quite understanding the DSG paddles on the steering wheel ? looks a bit stupid IMHO andthe steering wheel doesn't look all that different to the standard one :wonder:

Looking at this again I'm not quite understanding the DSG paddles on the steering wheel ? looks a bit stupid IMHO andthe steering wheel doesn't look all that different to the standard one :wonder:

Doesnt look much different to the standard one? for a start its so much thicker, softer and with more handle parts. theres a R at the bottom and its a different material. also has some paddels. I can connect them to accelerate and slow down from the cruise controll.

Doesnt look much different to the standard one? for a start its so much thicker, softer and with more handle parts. theres a R at the bottom and its a different material. also has some paddels. I can connect them to accelerate and slow down from the cruise controll.

A switchable map on the paddles would be immense, 100bhp for fuel saving->150bhp standard ->1??bhp full power.

• 2 weeks later...

New update on my Fabia. I have just purchased some Brembo brakes from a Seat Leon Cupra R, all 4 calipers discs and pads so I hope to get them fitted some time in apri. My forge rear strut brace arrived finally so I wacked that on and here's how it looks finished.

199077_10150438699560581_599275580_17757514_3265.jpg

My black roof and door pillars are not doing so good with lots of peeling around the edges, I have rang the people who stuck that on and they are busy this week and my car should go in for the new turbo at the end of the week. I have no idea when ill get it back and im going away from april 8th so my guess is that the roof will be left for ages :( I think ill be having the cambelt changed when it goes in to unit 18 as this is pretty much due now. Im also going to get a better clutch but want to keep the DMF as im not so fond of the SMF rattle. What do you lot know about the differences between the two?

Ross

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while, Small update. These turned up this morning and I cant wait to get them behind the wheels :D

197041_10150478156980581_599275580_17946800_7541.jpg

Bit untidy but what can you expect for second hand brakes, also have all the disc's and new Ferodo ds2500 pads!

Got off the phone to Ali from Unit 18 Automotive with some interesting news. He's decided after some small issues with the current turbo supplier he would like to try Turbo Technics for the same spec turbo. The cost is a little more and they offer a year warrenty like the other company. Should have my car back on wednesday afternoon/evening and im really looking forward to seeing how it goes.

you keeping the brembos red? i so regret selling the set i had

Yeah, as expected the lacquer is bubbled really badly, Im going to ask a bodyshop if they could paint them up like new for me. If that fails im just going to re lacquer them and stick them on the car. Its a bit of a awkward time for me as I dissapear to most of Europe in a few days for 2 weeks so the car will be left alone for a while. Did you fit the set you had?

Yeah, as expected the lacquer is bubbled really badly, Im going to ask a bodyshop if they could paint them up like new for me. If that fails im just going to re lacquer them and stick them on the car. Its a bit of a awkward time for me as I dissapear to most of Europe in a few days for 2 weeks so the car will be left alone for a while. Did you fit the set you had?

nah but they were off a crashed leon cupra r i brought when i did a BAM engine into my old octy, thats where my wheels come from too, had the brakes too but sold them in the end never fitted them