Fabia at the Geneva Motorshow

Skoda presented the Fabia Monte Carlo at the Geneva Motorshow. The black grille and headlights will now also be options on the Fabia RS.

They also announced "GreenTec" versions for petrol Fabia engines, same stuff as the greenline slashing CO2 emissions and fuel consumption. More below:

ESTABLISHED MODELS SHOW THEIR GREEN SIDE: THE GREEN TEC FABIA AND ROOMSTER

This neat little model exemplifies ŠKODA’s attention to detail, no matter how small the component, its eye for simple, clever solutions, and its talent for innovation. Following a partial makeover and the launch of the GreenLine version, an economical Green tec version of the Fabia, Fabia Combi and Roomster, with environmentally friendly technology, is entering the highly-charged compact car market. The Fabia Green tec and the Fabia Combi Green tec are available with 1.2 12V HTP/51 kW, 1.2 TSI/63 kW and 1.2 TSI/77 kW engines, while the Roomster Green tec can be ordered with a 1.2 TSI/63 kW or 1.2 TSI/77 kW engine. This is the first time that Start-Stop and energy regeneration systems will be associated with petrol engines.

Significantly reduced CO2 emissions

The main aim of the newly developed efficient technology was to reduce CO2 emissions. In the Fabia and Fabia Combi with the 1.2 12V HTP/51 kW engine, the difference between the normal version and the Green tec version is 9 g of CO2 per kilometre; with emissions of 119 g/km, both cars are among the most efficient cars in their class. These values were achieved not only by means of Start-Stop and brake energy regeneration systems, but also by fitting 15-inch tyres with reduced rolling resistance and a modified five-speed gearbox. The higher gears have been extended, allowing for lower revolutions at higher speeds and thus reduced fuel consumption.

The CO2 emissions of the 1.2 kW TSI/63 kW engine were reduced by 7 g/km to 114 g/km, or by 10 g/km to 124 g/km in the Roomster. The same values were achieved with the 1.2 TSI/77 kW engine thanks to the use of green technology.

Green tec models can be identified by:

 a green square after the sign indicating a 1.2 12V HTP/51 kW engine;

 a green “i” in the sign indicating a 1.2 TSI/63 kW engine;

 a green “i” in the sign indicating a 1.2 TSI/77 kW engine, accompanied by a green square after the engine sign.

Constantly refreshing: a meaningful improvement in the details

Externally, the innovated Fabia, Fabia Combi and Roomster of the 2012 model year can be recognized by their short roof whip aerial, which reduces air resistance while maintaining the same quality of radio reception. Earlier this year, Family models were introduced, offering practical and convenient equipment and a Crystal fabric interior. So far, the trim has been black, but as of the 2012 model year a combination with upholstery in blue will be available. A Black Package, picking up on the Fabia Sport design study presented two years ago, can optionally be fitted in the sporty RS models. The black headlights and fog lamps match the radiator grille, lending the RS models a visually more emphatic dynamism.

Starting in the 2012 model year, the round fog lamps in the stylishly attractive Scout versions of the Fabia, Fabia Combi and Roomster can be replaced by LED daytime running lights, which will make the dynamic look of the Scout all the more appealing.

The upgraded Amundsen+ navigation system will be available with pre-installed navigation data covering either Eastern and Central Europe or Western and Central Europe. Destinations can be entered using a postcode of up to seven digits (the coding used by several European countries). Not least, the range of body colours will be refreshed. For the Fabia and Fabia Combi, the new metallic Lava Blue paint and Platin Grey will be available, while the Roomster palette will include Lava Blue, Malachite Green and Mato Brown.

Hmmm does anyone know when the 2012 MY starts production. My vRS estate is being built mid May for an early June delivery; wondering if it might be a 2012 MY?

Hmmm does anyone know when the 2012 MY starts production. My vRS estate is being built mid May for an early June delivery; wondering if it might be a 2012 MY?

In relation to this have just e-mailed our dealer....i'll let you know what he says.

Looking at the calendar my car looks like it will be build week 20. I've heard elsewhere that the new model years are usually built from wk 22 onwards.

Cars going to be on a 3 year PCP so things like resale value dont bother me but i'll defo feel a bit hard done by if I've bought a brand new car and missed out on the latest build changes. I think I might insist that the car is delayed and built in the new model year though wonder if this is possible because of the VAT deal - if it applies to MY 11 cars only.

well if my usual luck follows form

any changes will be the next car built after mine

and mines being built week 21 supposedly

I wonder how much more the will charge above £500 for the improved sat nav...

Barely anything I doubt, the unit will just benefit from a firmware and mapping update. Maybe that the unit will now have built in memory for mapping or comes with a pre-loaded SD card, be interesting to know what the difference is, if any.

Hi

Does anyone know if stop-start can be combined with the tsi 105 with DSG?

Thanks

Dont see why not. Audi now offer Stop Start on DSG 1.4 TFSi's so its possible.

• 2 months later...