no maxidot

needin help i have a basic octy2 ambiente and cant do anythin with setting im wanting my lights to come on for a short period of time when i lock and unlock the car as its pitch black when i leave for work and when i get in and was wondering if theres anyway to do it? i found this would it help me?

http://www.obd2-tool.com/bluetooth-obd2-elm-code-reader-scanner-can-327-wireless-p-1.html?zenid=226a91ed3qqpbhf4k6s9bp62f4

No, that's a fault code scanner and reader only. You need to have a word with a member who has VCDS, who can switch the coming home and leaving home lights on.

You can find someone local to you from hee:

http://briskoda.net/...em-vcds-owners/

Mike

Mike, does the Octavia MK II vrs have the function Coming home lights but it's just turned off or am I thinking that the function has to be there in the first place??

Any thing else that can be turned On/Off ??

Thanks

Auric

I was under the impression that you had to have the Auto Lights fitted to the Octy for the Coming Home function to work, is that not the case? I have a new vRS and would like the coming home function activated if at all possible but I only have standard lights.

Rich

No, not the case at all.

As mentioned, once the setting is activated in VCDS, it'll appear in Maxidot. Then you have control over whether it's on or off, and the time the lights illuminate for. The only difference I've found is without a light/rain sensor fitted to the car, LH/CH will activate whether it's dark outside or not.

Weird - I don't have synchronised mirror adjustment in my Maxidot menu on a L&K - just Coming/Leaving Home and Comfort Indicators emoticon-0106-crying.gif

I have it on mine so I would have thought you should have had it too Andy. It is under the convenience menu, labelled mirror adjust IIRC.

Ian

Ah right, cheers guys. Thought it was the case and my best guess was that it works for Mike because of the later build of his retrofit cluster emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I remember looking for the option before, but just wanted to check that it wasn't something that has now become available due to a later revision of VCDS.

Cheers,

Steve