Which FMIC for Fabia vRS

Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which FMIC should I use

• Seat Sport FMIC with Forge Pipework
    • Forge FMIC
    • Other - Please state

Forge FMIC kit is £623.70 from Awesome, Forge themselves will probably match this if you ask.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=5267&xSec=283

SS FMIC is about £320 presently.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=302258

The fitting kit is from about £200.

http://fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1724

Heres a good bit of info regarding how much crash bar cutting is needed

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/159529-fmic-finally-fitted/page__p__1963285__hl__seat%20sport%20intercooler__fromsearch__1entry1963285

Would have always thought forge as that is a performance item while the seat sport one isn't.

It doesn't seem to make much difference. Although haven't a few of the seat owners running big power blown holes in the seat ibtercoolers?

Javi raises a good point here.

There are a few owners on cupranet who have blown the core from the S/S intercooler.

Perhaps there's a limit to how much the S/S can handle....

As always its down to how much power you want to run. If your going massive power, then you`ll be best off getting a pro alloy one surely?

Matt

That's what was reccomended to me.

I've got the forge on mine seems to work fine, the seat sport didnt appeal to me as most people seem to have to chop bits up to fit it.

Also although the SS is bigger its made out of a different material to the forge,the forge one might disperse heat just as quick although being smaller so they prob work the same.

• 3 years later...

Is it not possible to Cut off the filler for a radiator braise a patch and get a cooler for peanuts

A cooler that works as well as peanuts would possibly.... But no, massively different flow/resistance requirements for inlet air and (relatively) slow circulating water.

Hello Briskodians,

Basically I'm hoping to get a Turbo Dynamics hybrid PD150 (MD376) for my Fabia and will therefore need a FMIC as well as the other modifications.

The Turbo

I am wondering which FMIC to go for and would appreciate users thoughts on which system is better?

The SS FMIC will work out about £150 cheaper than the Forge system but will require more work (labour charges) to make it fit. I won't be fitting either system myself.

I believe Jabbasport do a Pro Alloy FMIC, which I know very little about.

Even if I decide not to go down the MD376 route then a FMIC will still be beneficial to my car. Its mapped to 170 & 300 and a few other bits and bobs.

Thanks in advance

Your wrong about the fitting requireing more work with the Seat FMIC, if anything it would be much easier to fit, when you consider you can get the entire kit pipes included for around £550, its a much cheaper option.

Anything with the Name "Forge" is just a rip off to be fair.

Your wrong about the fitting requireing more work with the Seat FMIC, if anything it would be much easier to fit, when you consider you can get the entire kit pipes included for around £550, its a much cheaper option.

Anything with the Name "Forge" is just a rip off to be fair.

My seat sport needed the bumper cutting to get on, my mates forge goes straight on as it's designed for the fabia.

That's exactly why I went for the Forge FMIC setup, didn't fancy hacking the slam panel to pieces to fit the Seat Sport/Darkside kit.

BUT since having my hybrid PD150 turbo fitted and then mapped by Jabba, they did comment that the Forge intercooler doesn't have the thickest core.

So from what they mentioned if you are running a bigger turbo than standard go for one with a thicker core.

As the Forge item was only designed for a stage one mapped car.

However I can't be assed to change my FMIC now for such a minimal gain. So the Forge is staying put, until I put the car back to standard.

• 4 years later...
On 06/03/2011 at 19:47, javi20xe said:

Would have always thought forge as that is a performance item while the seat sport one isn't.

It doesn't seem to make much difference. Although haven't a few of the seat owners running big power blown holes in the seat ibtercoolers?

looking to get a fmic no unsure what one to go for my Fabia vrs mk1 running 200bhp with a 1756 turbo what one do u guys recommend now after these many years 

thanks guys I know it's an old post 

23 hours ago, seanie-vrs said:

looking to get a fmic no unsure what one to go for my Fabia vrs mk1 running 200bhp with a 1756 turbo what one do u guys recommend now after these many years 

thanks guys I know it's an old post 

SEAT sport one (or fully welded equiv) will slot in with few problems IF you also grab the SEAT Ibiza mk4 front crash bar and lose the Fabia one. Otherwise you have to trim the crash bar. Potentially issues with headlight washers if you have OEM xenons.

Cheapest option is a 140mm deep under the crash bar cooler with some custom pipework.

Some options here: 

It's an old topic though. If you have time/skills large single pass can be cajoled in there. Lots of stuff to move a little bit here and there though.

I’m currently fittings full darkside kit including egr delete. There is a lot of fettling to be done so I’d highly recommend a grinder/ air saw- a dremel will take you around 500 years to complete the install. It’s a quality piece of kit though and also includes a proper turbo connector.

has anyone that already has a fmic and egr delete experienced a supercharger type noise under hard acceleration? I’ve double checked for boost leaks and everything seems spot on and the car pulls well.