Build week slipped again...!

Ok, so I ordered my Superb Elegance Estate TDI CR 170 DSG on the 30th Sept and within a week or so I was given build week 7...

Next update I had was build week 5...

Got to build week 5 and it had slipped to build week 18... :'( :( :S

Now the dealer has told me it's slipped again...

...to build week 13 :rofl: so it's suddenly come forward 5 weeks :rofl:

Seems a number of UK orders were pushed back to bw18 as a "worst case" and they are now slowly starting to come forward again.

I'm really pleased, as build week 13 is the end of this month :D

Can't wait... and it'll wipe the smile of my wife's face as she ordered a Fabia and had it built, shipped, PDI'd and delivered within a month :p

I'll have to start reading the manual again now (I read it all when I first ordered, but it was that long ago I've forgotten most of it). Fingers crossed the build week is fixed now, it's only 3 weeks away :D Meanwhile I'm totting up the miles on the loan car ;)

Heard they are catching up now. according to my dealer the sub contractors can keep up with the high demand from the VAG industries

/Björn

Edited by SoISC

Very strange about these differences regarding the delivery times.

Of course it depends a lot of which version/motor/equipment, but anyway.

I ordered a TSI 200 DSG Hatchback week 5, and luckily it will be delivered latest week 16.

In some other cases I have heard about 6-8 months delivery time...

The Webasto has caused some problems lately, and now they add about 3-5 months extra on the delivery time...

( my ordered car )

If mine gets built in week 13, by the time it gets transported and prepared at the dealer it'll have taken 7 months :o

Nothing special ordered, auto dimming rear view mirror, sunset glass and heated washer jets.

Oh, and of course... it's right hand drive... I can imagine the whole production line grinding to a halt just to build a few right hand drive models for the UK market... :giggle:

If mine gets built in week 13, by the time it gets transported and prepared at the dealer it'll have taken 7 months :o

Nothing special ordered, auto dimming rear view mirror, sunset glass and heated washer jets.

Oh, and of course... it's right hand drive... I can imagine the whole production line grinding to a halt just to build a few right hand drive models for the UK market... :giggle:

7 months is a long time... but I'm sure it will be worth the wait! :)

Ah, the right hand drive... yes, you could imagine how confused they are when they have to change it all from left to right. :giggle:

More of a problem on the TDIs than the TSIs i orderd a 1.8 TSI 160 hp with Webasto and elektric rear hatch like 2 weeks ago and according to the salesman im getting My car week 13....but u can only hope :)

More of a problem on the TDIs than the TSIs i orderd a 1.8 TSI 160 hp with Webasto and elektric rear hatch like 2 weeks ago and according to the salesman im getting My car week 13....but u can only hope :)

I'm sure you are right about the TDI/TSI. I have to say that you should be very pleased with week 13 if ordered about 2 weeks ago. The Webasto gives a pretty long extra delivery time at the moment...

Yes, let's hope for the best! :)

Edited by Hasse

Hi I have ordered (28-2) a Superb Elegance estate 170 DSG are the waiting times really 6 months +. I read in the paper today the Skoda had 14000 waiting list at the beging of the year. I was told by my broker that delivery date should be 25 May. I havent recived a build/production week yet. Am I going to see the car before summer??

I'm afraid it could be anything up to 7 or 8 months, especially as you have opted for the most popular (and possibly the best) engine and gearbox option.

The alleged reasons for these delays vary from simple supply issues with 3rd party part manufacturers, to the rumour that VAG is actually limiting the supply af parts to Skoda in a weak attempt to get more customers back to VW and Audi. I say "weak attempt" as a lot of people on here, including me, wouldn't have chosen VW or Audi if we hadn't opted for Skoda (I for one was looking at the Mazda 6...!)

It is true that Skoda have 14,000 forward orders, although they are giving loan cars to people like me who are having to wait. It seems like ages, but it'll come around eventually, and just think, you might get a 61 plate...

I ordered a 2.0 TDI 170CR on 08.10.10. The original stock date i was quoted was 31.12.10!!

It's been as late as 28.4.11 since then, although i'm fairly confident it's not far away now as 2 days ago the stock date moved from 25.3.11 to 18.3.11... a week today.

I've been told it'll be 7-10 days at the dealers, so i'm hoping i'm only 2/3 weeks away from finally getting mine!

Just under 6 months from order to delivery. I think if you've just ordered the 170CR you're looking at 7-8 months before you get it.

Mine's still showing wk 15. Spoke to the dealer yesterday and he said it's slowly getting better in terms of delays and delivery. Also, the next step after advisory bw should be planning before it gets a confirmed build week....

Nice....:) was at my dealer again today and he just got in a superb that has almost the same specs that i orderd just without the webasto and electric hatch but i have to say that i Will not get dissapointed when i get mine what à beutiful car :)

My Superb is petrol, ordered in January and told March, then week 16 build and yesterday week 14.

I'm told that they come forward from the initial date, but nobody has yet mentioned going back... From what I am told delivery on TDI models is bad, six to nine months!!!!!

This is probably because they were offering deals on TDI's at the end of last year as they are on petrols now. I was quoted up tp twenty weeks for a delivery if ordered today. Shows how popular Skoda has become.

Has anybody got information on how long it takes from build week to delivery? and how do the cars get here? I have assumed by road but it's a long way.

The cars are driven to Emden on a transporter, then shipped to Grimsby before going back on a transporter to be be driven to the relevant Skoda dealership. It seems to take around 3 weeks to complete this journey. I've been told it's then another 7-10 days at the dealership before the cars are available for delivery or collection.

Mine is apparently due at the dealers on Friday! Although this information hasn't been undated since last Wednesday, so we'll see...

I've learned not to take anything for granted when it comes to Skoda delivery dates! My TDI Superb was ordered 5 and a half months ago and was originally scheduled for delivery to the dealership in December 2010.

The cars are driven to Emden on a transporter, then shipped to Grimsby before going back on a transporter to be be driven to the relevant Skoda dealership. It seems to take around 3 weeks to complete this journey. I've been told it's then another 7-10 days at the dealership before the cars are available for delivery or collection.

Mine is apparently due at the dealers on Friday! Although this information hasn't been undated since last Wednesday, so we'll see...

I've learned not to take anything for granted when it comes to Skoda delivery dates! My TDI Superb was ordered 5 and a half months ago and was originally scheduled for delivery to the dealership in December 2010.

Thanks for that. My dealers suggest 2/3 weeks and 2 days to turn it around here..

I did suggest that I pick it up from the factory as you can with Mercs but NO

I ordered my Superb 2.0d (170) DSG back in December with pretty much EVERY option I could find apart from luggage nets, raised boot floor and 6 disc CD changer. I've been told Build week 11 (which is this week????)

Dealer has said that it can take 2-7 days from factory on a TRAIN to Ebden, Then onto the boat and to the UK (2 days) then on a transporter to your dealer. (2-3 days)

My dealer thinks they can turn my Superb around in a 1 day and it has a dealer fit tow bar to go on it too.

He thinks that I can have the car 8th April on my way to a holiday. I'm looking forward to that. Driving my new car across the country. That's going to be awesome. He has also promised me that it will have that version 7 sat nav stuff and the disc in the car. :)