Ordered a 2.0 TSI DSG, some questions:

After a long delay, the order is made.

Order week 5, build week 11 (confirmed), delivery week around 16.

Specification:

Superb Elegance 2.0 TSI DSG (in Sweden called TSI 200 DSG)

Hatchback

Black Magic

Alcantara/leather black/black

Elegance version in Sweden includes a lot (i.e. Xenon AFS, electric seats, nozzles, dimming mirrors),

so the options I did choose were:

Webasto parking heater

4-spoke multifunction wheel

Bluetooth handsfree

Radio Bolero

Soundsystem

Sports chassis

Parking assistant

Callisto 17" wheels for winter, aftermarket 18" wheels for summer.

I have some questions, if anyone could help:

1. The rims I'm considering are 8,5x18", ET40. Tyres 225/40-18 or maybe 235/40-18.

With the Sports Chassis, would these 8,5 rims fit?

2. Have anyone used a "High to Low level-adapter" to connect an external amplifier?

I believe it should be connected to the "Soundsystem box" under the seat?

3. I will place a 220V inverter in the trunk, hopefully also an amplifier as above.

Where is it best way to take cables from the battery to the trunk (left/middle/right in car)?

Thanks!!

Best,

Hasse

Edited by Hasse

Thanks for reading this topic, over 200 views are pretty good.

A bit strange that nobody has an answer to any of my questions.

Well, no problem. I'll find everything out, in a way or another. ;)

No one knows what a 200 TSI is, that's why no replies, do you mean a 1.8 TSi or a 2.0 TDi.

In Sweden it's named 200 TSI, it's not a 1.8 TSi or a 2.0 TDi. This is the same as the 2.0 TSI DSG.

Anyway, my questions are suitable for any of the Superb models.

Thanks for your reply, I will name it 2.0 TSI when writing here. :)

The current 18" OEM wheels are 7.5" Wide - to take a 225/40/18 tyre.

The 2.0 TSI has only just been announced in the Uk, and even then, is not available to order (i think) it's certainly not on Skoda Uk's website.

I carry a second car battery to run a 1kw invertor - it "Almost" fits into the boot's side-lockers... but not quite! - therefore, i havent ran cables from the front - maybe wait and see where the battery is - i believe the V6 has the battery in the boot (?)

Al.

Thanks for your answer!

Yes... the rims could be a little too wide for the tyres. I'll have to check that up.

Aha, it's that new in the Uk. I believe it will not be very many sold, as the 1.8 TSI are a very nice motor (and "good enough") -when choosing petrol.

That could be an idea, I would really like a second battery. But I believe you then have to charge it separate in some way?

As far as I know, the battery is placed in front on the 2.0 TSI and (as you say) in the boot on the V6.

Thanks again,

Hasse

Edited by Hasse

- i believe the V6 has the battery in the boot (?)

You're quite right! It's in the nearside rear locker. There's not enough room to stick it under the bonnet. :)

After a long delay, the order is made.

Order week 5, build week 11 (confirmed), delivery week around 16.

Specification:

Superb Elegance 2.0 TSI DSG (in Sweden called TSI 200 DSG)

Hatchback

Black Magic

Alcantara/leather black/black

Elegance version in Sweden includes a lot (i.e. Xenon AFS, electric seats, nozzles, dimming mirrors),

so the options I did choose were:

Webasto parking heater

4-spoke multifunction wheel

Bluetooth handsfree

Radio Bolero

Soundsystem

Sports chassis

Parking assistant

Callisto 17" wheels for winter, aftermarket 18" wheels for summer.

I have some questions, if anyone could help:

1. The rims I'm considering are 8,5x18", ET40. Tyres 225/40-18 or maybe 235/40-18.

With the Sports Chassis, would these 8,5 rims fit?

2. Have anyone used a "High to Low level-adapter" to connect an external amplifier?

I believe it should be connected to the "Soundsystem box" under the seat?

3. I will place a 220V inverter in the trunk, hopefully also an amplifier as above.

Where is it best way to take cables from the battery to the trunk (left/middle/right in car)?

Thanks!!

Best,

Hasse

Hi Hasse, I'm also sweden based and I have 17 wheels but with the normal chasis. I'm sure the sports chasis is going to look good BUT you may have trouble in the snow. In my experience the standard version rides rather low allowing it to hit any raised snow area in the road. I'm suggesting that perhaps the sports version is too low. This is an uninformed thought so take it for what it is worth. The 17 wheels have a clearence problem in the snow. More precis there is a constant build up of snow between the tire and the mud flaps. This is a fact. I assume you've read about the 18 wheel älgtest disaster that TeknikensVärld did some months back.

Hi Hasse, I'm also sweden based and I have 17 wheels but with the normal chasis. I'm sure the sports chasis is going to look good BUT you may have trouble in the snow. In my experience the standard version rides rather low allowing it to hit any raised snow area in the road. I'm suggesting that perhaps the sports version is too low. This is an uninformed thought so take it for what it is worth. The 17 wheels have a clearence problem in the snow. More precis there is a constant build up of snow between the tire and the mud flaps. This is a fact. I assume you've read about the 18 wheel älgtest disaster that TeknikensVärld did some months back.

Hi, great with more Swedes!

I understand, anyway I will have the sport chassis and 17" in winter and 18" in summer. For me, the normal chassis looks too high. It's not a big difference, but a little better look with the sport chassis. I have now an Octavia RS with aftermarket springs, so it's pretty low. THAT is noticeable in the winter, so I agree about that "risk".

What I don't understand is why the 17" could have more clearance problem than for example 16". The tyre circumference should be very close to the same for 17" and 16"... (225/45-17 compared to 205/55-16). Anyway, the sport chassis could maybe affect the build up of snow a little.

Sure I've read about the "älgtest", it was not good news that time. Anyway, 18" is for me "a must" in the summer on this large car.

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate it!

Hi again, Yes you are correct about the height of the tire/wheel but the wider tire may come closer to the outer rim of the wheel house where the mud flap sits. I guess you will find out. In any case its not a big deal. I also do not give credence to Teknikensvärld. Teknikensvärld is a "nationalistic" car magazine that hates Skodas, and loves Volvo and Saab. I hope you enjoy your car as much as I do; great choice!

Hi again, Yes you are correct about the height of the tire/wheel but the wider tire may come closer to the outer rim of the wheel house where the mud flap sits. I guess you will find out. In any case its not a big deal. I also do not give credence to Teknikensvärld. Teknikensvärld is a "nationalistic" car magazine that hates Skodas, and loves Volvo and Saab. I hope you enjoy your car as much as I do; great choice!

Hi! I understand what you mean, and I'm adding that to my thoughts about this. I'll find it out, and will maybe regret it then. ;)

Exactly, that magazine has always given credit to the Swedish cars, and they love when other have "problems" like in that test.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it will be a great car, and am happy that you enjoy yours that much!

Sorry for the OT, but I have to disagree a little bit here! Are your seriously implying that not finding out about a cars weaknesses is good? Do they (TV) hate Mercs and BMW:s as well? Both of'em have a history in that publication. To me this is good! Find the problem and work them out and make a better product for the better of us all. And the part of being nationalistic... oh, well, where do you find a perfectly objective car magazine? Czech Rep? :rofl: Every editorial offices at the car magazines are stuffed with people that have a passion for cars. By that they also by default are biased in one way or another. A good reporter is aware of it. A not so good denies it.

But thats just me and my 2 p. OT off. :hi:

/Superbjoser

Sorry for the OT, but I have to disagree a little bit here! Are your seriously implying that not finding out about a cars weaknesses is good? Do they (TV) hate Mercs and BMW:s as well? Both of'em have a history in that publication. To me this is good! Find the problem and work them out and make a better product for the better of us all. And the part of being nationalistic... oh, well, where do you find a perfectly objective car magazine? Czech Rep? :rofl: Every editorial offices at the car magazines are stuffed with people that have a passion for cars. By that they also by default are biased in one way or another. A good reporter is aware of it. A not so good denies it.

But thats just me and my 2 p. OT off. :hi:

/Superbjoser

Of course you are right about the serious and good tests, we all should be happy that they are made.

I haven't read that magazine that much, but for sure they are nationalistic. And... we are happy that Volvo and Saab exists.

I accept that they write some bad things about the Superb, still I choose it. I know that it's a good car. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for being a little bit sarcastic but this is a 'discovery' - if You have read he German car magazines, especially in '90s - they were nationalistic - only preferring German cars and there was a joke about them being 'slightly biased'. Of course I've not seen the TV test, I can't comment this case.

Still would be interesting to know what didn't they like?

No one knows what a 200 TSI is, that's why no replies, do you mean a 1.8 TSi or a 2.0 TDi.

2.0 TSI is now available in UK

Phil

2.0 TSI is now available in UK

Phil

Okay, yes I've heard that it was time for it in UK. Strange that there are that much difference between countries.

If anybody is interested, I can write some words about it in a week. Mine will be delivered earlier than expected, it will arrive at the dealer tomorrow. :)

Edited by Hasse