What's the Law on............

Auric Goldfinger

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the lights come on automatically with your headlights they are classified as 'driving lights'

If you have to switch them on with a seperate switch (ie fog lights) and you get spotted,then its time to get your cheque book out!!! :thumbdwn:

but they help you see better, i use em all the time on the octavia but don't get "pulled" for it because they are integrated into the head light

But fog lights are not "angled" in any way - therefore, using them when there's no need is inconsiderate to other road users, whose visibility will suffer because you're dazzling them...

Rob.

Do you often need to see the very sides of the road when you're driving? ;)

Sadly I'm in the "don't" camp..... if it's foggy they're useful. Other than that, they're the equivalent of blue LED washer jets - look at me! look at me!

But fog lights are not "angled" in any way - therefore, using them when there's no need is inconsiderate to other road users, whose visibility will suffer because you're dazzling them...
Not as much as when you flick main beams on to help remind them there is oncoming traffic about! (as they're obviously blind) :o

.."You must use headlights at night, except on restricted roads (those with street lights not more than 185 metres (600 feet) apart and which are generally subject to a speed limit of 30 mph) "

How interesting, didn't know that!!

.."You must use headlights at night' date=' except on restricted roads (those with street lights not more than 185 metres (600 feet) apart and which are generally subject to a speed limit of 30 mph) "

How interesting, didn't know that!![/quote']

With or Without fog ligts :rofl:

Sadly I'm in the "don't" camp..... if it's foggy they're useful. Other than that, they're the equivalent of blue LED washer jets - look at me! look at me!

There's nothing 'Sadly' about it... I (and many others I'm sure) are with you 100% on this one!

Is it me, or are 206 drivers the worst for crappy LED jets? :confused:

Saddos all the same. :rolleyes:

There's nothing 'Sadly' about it... I (and many others I'm sure) are with you 100% on this one!

Is it me' date=' or are 206 drivers the worst for crappy LED jets? :confused:

Saddos all the same. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Me too. 100%. There's nothing worse than some ar$ole up yer Chuff With Fogs on

I am fed up with people half blinding me whilst driving in the dark. The reason your car has foglights on the front is not to help you see better, its so that in thick fog other cars can see you coming towards you. You dont need to see the curb that close to the front of the car, you should be looking way ahead to see whats coming.

"The reason your car has foglights on the front is not to help you see better, its so that in thick fog other cars can see you coming towards you..."

I always thought that it was more to do with the fact that as they have no flair towards the nearside they do not reflect as much from the fog hence you just use side-lights with fogs and see more. Try using main beam in thick fog and it highlights that more light in the wrong place is not always good if most of it is being reflected back at you :)