Reversing Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Hey Ho,

Reversing sensors not working. They beeeeeeeeeep (sometimes) when R selected, but then nothing (except dent in neighbours car :giggle: only joking). I think this is a fault in system acc to manual. Any known fault / cheap rectification guides, or funny quips, gratefully received.

Cheers.

Put the car in reverse (with ignition on only and engine not running) and then put your ear next to each sensor in turn

They click if they are working ok (due the pulse they use to detect obs) this will let you know if it's just one faulty sensor or more.

I had mine do this recently and the wire to a sensor had somehow been bared and was shorting agains the car.

Edited by vRS Carl

Happens mine sometimes if it is raining or if I am after washing the car.

Intermittent. I think most octys suffer from this.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Mine did it too for a while and it was brand new!

Turns out it needed a new sensor.

Occasionally it does it again like has been mentioned after washing or a bad rain storm.

Works fine now though.

Had the same after motorway driving in heavy rain when I first got my vRS, the sensors seemed to be waterlogged after any heavy rainfall. If I pressed around the sensors, water seeping out was evident after the bodywork dried. I went in behind/under the bumper, popped the sensors out, dried them with kitchen paper and then wiped some silicone grease around them to waterproof the surrounds before replacing them. I cleared any excess that had been pushed out by wiping around again with paper towel.

No recurrence for a year now..