STONE CHIP BLUES

Well I have had my secondhand 07 metalic diamond silver scout about 5 months now , and I notice every time I hand wash the car I notice yet more stone chips.

When I bought the car I went over the body work with a fine toothcomb, and couldn,t see any flaws.

Maybe it had stonechips disguised with silver stone chip wax polish, and with every wash Im taking it off ,I really don,t know.

Anyway just washed the car over and there must be about 50 or so stone chips on the bonnet, which is a bit disappointing.

Ive been touching them up one by one with a halfords chip repair set,so as to try and keep things in check, but I can see myself resorting to using the stone chip polish to and try and blend it all in.

Reminds me of the stone chipping I used to get on my VW Beetles which had similar sloping bonnets

Anyone else found this a problem?

Well I have had my secondhand 07 metalic diamond silver scout about 5 months now , and I notice every time I hand wash the car I notice yet more stone chips.

When I bought the car I went over the body work with a fine toothcomb, and couldn,t see any flaws.

Maybe it had stonechips disguised with silver stone chip wax polish, and with every wash Im taking it off ,I really don,t know.

Anyway just washed the car over and there must be about 50 or so stone chips on the bonnet, which is a bit disappointing.

Ive been touching them up one by one with a halfords chip repair set,so as to try and keep things in check, but I can see myself resorting to using the stone chip polish to and try and blend it all in.

Reminds me of the stone chipping I used to get on my VW Beetles which had similar sloping bonnets

Anyone else found this a problem?

hi hope there are not that bad ive ordered a new black roomy i will be having the autoglim seal on it before i have it

Yes washed and waxed our 57 plate yesterday and it looks like its been shot blasted its way beyond being able to blend in, off to the paint shop i think. I have found several on the 10 plate VRS too that is going to the paint shop in the spring. Is it in the angle of the bonnet or what?

Yes washed and waxed our 57 plate yesterday and it looks like its been shot blasted its way beyond being able to blend in, off to the paint shop i think. I have found several on the 10 plate VRS too that is going to the paint shop in the spring. Is it in the angle of the bonnet or what?

ive just came back from the vw show and couple of the chaps fitting theses leather and net type bonnent covers ive just ask on the

other side if enybody nows if they fit them on skodas and roomsters and how much will they be. pete