Why no DPF on my 2010 2.0 pd ( fortunately )

All PD170 engines have the DPF.

Absolutely, but the question is why did all PD170 engines have the DPF? (When the PD105 and many PD140s didn't...)

Would the PD170 have struggled to comply with Euro 4 without it, perhaps due to its higher state of tune?

Absolutely, but the question is why did all PD170 engines have the DPF? (When the PD105 and many PD140s didn't...)

Would the PD170 have struggled to comply with Euro 4 without it, perhaps due to its higher state of tune?

IF the PD 170 hp is unable to comply with Euro 4 , will engines who have had them removed be able to pass a MOT emission's test ? if this is not detectable, why fit a DPF ? If it is and DPF have to be reinstalled and remapped its going to be a expensive first MOT

IF the PD 170 hp is unable to comply with Euro 4 , will engines who have had them removed be able to pass a MOT emission's test ? if this is not detectable, why fit a DPF ? If it is and DPF have to be reinstalled and remapped its going to be a expensive first MOT

My understanding is the UK MOT test doesn't test for compliance with the EURO emission levels which is why cars with the DPF removed can still pass although I think the MOT changes this year on the way emissions are tested?

I can't seem to find the PM levels for the 2.0 TDI 140 engine, if it's very close to the limit then I guess that woud explain why the VRS and others (Scout?) have one.

John

My octy 1.9 pd was reg in oct 2010 and has no dpf , it was the mo1 reason why I bought it as have seen and heard many horror stories about them! Best one had to be the dealer that parked up the car in front of another vehicle and went into the diagnostics and did a forced regen , I'm told this is 2000 rpm with much hotter than normal exhaust temp at the tailpipe dint do the car parked ip behind much goo ! Had to have a new bumper!!

Ditto, I have bought Diesels Skoda,s from two dealers and neither explained the issues with DPF , I asked if the salesperson if this engine had DPF he and did not know. Have other buyers found that dealers do not explain the issues

with regard to PD engines with DPF .

My understanding is the UK MOT test doesn't test for compliance with the EURO emission levels which is why cars with the DPF removed can still pass although I think the MOT changes this year on the way emissions are tested?

I can't seem to find the PM levels for the 2.0 TDI 140 engine, if it's very close to the limit then I guess that woud explain why the VRS and others (Scout?) have one.

John

Yes the diesel MOT emissions test makes no distinction between any turbo diesel registered after August 1979, so incredibly even the latest Euro V DPF diesel only has to pass the same MOT emissions test that a 1979 V reg diesel car could pass!

The V5 for my PD140 without a DPF shows particulates of 0.020 g/km, the limit for Euro 4 was 0.025 g/km so it looks like it was getting close.